Disney To Launch 20 Marvel & ‘Star Wars’ TV Series Over The Next Few Years

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I don't know why they'd bother with Hayden Christensen after he's donned the suit. I know no one can replace David Prowse, but costume/suit acting is very different and it requires a lot of physicality. I actually thought Hayden was very good in Revenge of the Sith, and I dislike all the prequels, including Sith, so I'm not against it on its face per se.

I just think you need someone who can mimic David Prowse's physicality and physical acting/motions/movements while in the suit, and I dunno if that's Hayden. Maybe it is. I feel like it'd be more important to get James Earl Jones, right? I assume he'll be dubbing over Hayden Christensen? I'm all for consistency, but if they're going to do that why even bother getting Hayden in the first place? Spoiler for Mandalorian:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, while I love all of the creatives announced for all of these Star Wars shows, it's all too much. Flooding the market will make keeping up with it all a bit tiring and exhausting. It's why I stopped following the CW Arrowverse. But I'll definitely try to check each show out to see. 

I doubt Hayden has much going on. Maybe he’ll practice a lot lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

A Lando show with Donald Glover would be incredible. If they don’t get him to come back, my interest drops a lot. 

Agreed. Did they say whether it’s old or young Lando? Billy Dee Williams show could be ok but I’d be much more interested in watching Donald glover. And imagine if they went with that storyline they alluded to in Rise of Skywalker *shudders*

6 minutes ago, johnny said:

Agreed. Did they say whether it’s old or young Lando? Billy Dee Williams show could be ok but I’d be much more interested in watching Donald glover. And imagine if they went with that storyline they alluded to in Rise of Skywalker *shudders*

They should do old Lando but cast Carl Weathers as Lando just to fuck with everyone.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

@Greatoneshere I have to imagine getting Christensen back means that we'll see Vader without his helmet on. Scenes of him meditating, or whatever within his sealed pod, or a sterile room that while maybe not go without the full suit, would allow him to have his mask off. We know he does take it off from time to time based on seeing the back of his head in Empire, and the bacta tank scene in Rogue One.

Yeah, that'd be possible, but how often? For a majority of screentime? I mean, that'd be weird given it's supposed to be something he hides from everyone. 

I think an important point to remember is that it's not like all these shows are going to come out all at once. They'll be slowly brought out in the coming years, so like one in 2021, another in 2022, maybe two more in 2023, and of course they'll be spaced out throughout the year, so The Mandalorian will come out in the fall, but say Obi-Wan comes out in the spring.

That's way too damn much for me. :lol: 

However,

14 hours ago, osxmatt said:

Also:

I look forward to this since it would have been cool for the original movies to explore this time period of Vader helping to hunt down and destroy the Jedi, not do it in one fell swoop.

Hoping for the best there! 

Also hoping RJ's SW movies are still a thing since TLJ is the best SW movie next to ESB.

11 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I don't know why they'd bother with Hayden Christensen after he's donned the suit. I know no one can replace David Prowse, but costume/suit acting is very different and it requires a lot of physicality. I actually thought Hayden was very good in Revenge of the Sith, and I dislike all the prequels, including Sith, so I'm not against it on its face per se.

I just think you need someone who can mimic David Prowse's physicality and physical acting/motions/movements while in the suit, and I dunno if that's Hayden. Maybe it is. I feel like it'd be more important to get James Earl Jones, right? I assume he'll be dubbing over Hayden Christensen? I'm all for consistency, but if they're going to do that why even bother getting Hayden in the first place? Spoiler for Mandalorian:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, while I love all of the creatives announced for all of these Star Wars shows, it's all too much. Flooding the market will make keeping up with it all a bit tiring and exhausting. It's why I stopped following the CW Arrowverse. But I'll definitely try to check each show out to see. 

I haven't tried Disney+ yet so I haven't seen the Mandalorian yet. Hope it's as good as I've been hearing.

I know some are excited as hell and some are like, "wtf is all of this?" But if some are quality, then cool; I don't have to keep up with all of them, you know? Never read anything EU related or cared.

If Rogue Squadron is set around the ST, I hope it's before TLJ so they can bring back Tallie. Missed opportunity for a likeable side character when they killed her off. Always thought it was odd she got her own Hero ship in Battlefront 2. I keep thinking something more was meant for her.

I don't really like the addition of Vader to the Obi series.  I would probably really like a separate Vader series.  It would be cool to see him hunt down a different Jedi each week and see more of his lava crib.  I just don't see how you have a series with the two of them with the existing canon saying they definitely don't have any contact during this timeframe.  

I hope that for both the Marvel and Star Wars shows, they stay mostly separate from each other. I don't want to have to watch 5 other series just to understand what's going on in season 4 of The Mandalorian. Some character crossovers and minor references is fine, but at a certain point it starts to feel like homework. 

2 hours ago, number305 said:

I don't really like the addition of Vader to the Obi series.  I would probably really like a separate Vader series.  It would be cool to see him hunt down a different Jedi each week and see more of his lava crib.  I just don't see how you have a series with the two of them with the existing canon saying they definitely don't have any contact during this timeframe.  

I agree - the only way I see it working is that on the Darth Vader side of the plot of the show, he's hunting for Obi Wan Kenobi to get revenge (Vader knows he's alive out there somewhere) and given he's dark side, revenge would fuel him even more. But, he never finds him, but in the meantime kills other Jedi. Obi Wan does, I dunno, Obi Wan things. He wasn't necessarily living on Tatooine the whole time during the 19 years between ROTS and ANH - maybe he even tries to find ways to get to Vader/Palpatine, and also fails.

9 hours ago, number305 said:

I agree that it's crucial they never meet, but I have a feeling Disney will probably screw that up.

Who's in charge of all of these?  Feige?  Favreau?  Filoni?  These guys have won my trust with The Mandalorian.  I'd like to think they would crossover Andor with Rebels, but the tone appears to be completely different and isolating.

2 hours ago, Reputator said:

I agree that it's crucial they never meet, but I have a feeling Disney will probably screw that up.

Obi-wan force-projects his voice, constantly whispering "high ground".  

But what it will probably be about is  how Ben found out Vader was Anakin.  He has to assume at the end of ROTS that Anakin died, and even Asohka in Rebels didn't know who Vader was until she made close contact.  So I predict Obi-Wan will be in full stealth, research, spy mode, and at some point is going to be tip-toeing around Vader like a mouse hiding from a cat.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Wait...is that a Willow show? Or are they remaking the movie?? Either way that’s WAY bigger news than any of the Star Wars stuff haha

84181_willow_stills_11.jpg?w=1024
VARIETY.COM

The "Willow" sequel series is officially happening at Disney Plus, with Warwick Davis reprising the main role and Jon M. Chu directing.

• Shocked 1