Has anyone here not played any of the following: Mass Effect 1-3, The Witcher 1-3, Fallout 3/NV/4, The Elder Scrolls 3-5?

Bacon

Have you played at least one game from the title?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played at least one game from the title?

• I have played at least one of those games
    • I have not played any of those games

Beat all 4 ME, all of the ES, beat FO3, played a ton of NV and FO4, and completely cleared all three Witcher Games except the last DLC, which I will get too. 

I want more Elder Scrolls, but I don’t give a damn about more fallout at this point. Witcher just feels complete. I would love more ME. I quite enjoyed Andromeda. It wasn’t great, but it was good.

I’ve played all of Witcher 2 and 3, Fallout 3, Skyrim, all Mass Effects (except andromeda - only played for about 2hrs)

I played a ton of Oblvion and Fallout 4 but never actually finished the main story lines 

never played New Vegas or Morrowind

i only played about 2-3hrs of Witcher 1 and I really want to get back into it but the controls are so outdated. It didn’t age well 

12 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I mean if you've never played any of those, why are you even a gamer?

Most of those games are known time sinks with little aesthetic appeal to me.  I own some of them, but always seem to find other things more appealing to try in the moment.

Mass Effect and Witcher are the series I'd be most open to.  All that noise about ME3's ending is extremely offputting though, enough to question if I should invest the time.  But maybe a remaster would lure me in.  Being told to catch up on Witcher 1 lore through youtube is a real barrier for me too.  I thought the Netflix show was decent though, so I'll get around to it someday. 

It'll be a choice between Witcher 2/3, Horizon: ZD and AC: Origins when I'm in the mood next for an open world game.  The others have the greater aesthetic appeal for me.  But I know how Witcher 3 gets talked up too.

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Most of those games are known time sinks with little aesthetic appeal to me.  I own some of them, but always seem to find other things more appealing to try in the moment.

Mass Effect and Witcher are the series I'd be most open to.  All that noise about ME3's ending is extremely offputting though, enough to question if I should invest the time.  But maybe a remaster would lure me in.  Being told to catch up on Witcher 1 lore through youtube is a real barrier for me too.  I thought the Netflix show was decent though, so I'll get around to it someday. 

It'll be a choice between Witcher 2/3, Horizon: ZD and AC: Origins when I'm in the mood next for an open world game.  The others have the greater aesthetic appeal for me.  But I know how Witcher 3 gets talked up too.

Play The Witcher 2. It's not an open world game. The first two Witcher games are broken up into chapters, and each chapter has a medium sized "open-world" that you'll run around in doing some side stuff and story quests, but there is a point which you will finish up and move on to the next chapter. The only reason I say play Witcher 2 instead of the first one is that the first game was great for its time but is pretty rough by today's standards. The combat is a lot more complex too, with a rock/paper/scissors kind of dynamic, and in my opinion was a big hassle when you encountered different types of enemies that required different fighting styles.