Metal Gear Solid reportedly getting a full remake and 2-4 getting remastered. PC/PS5 console exclusive

Brian

10 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I mean that’s great, but it kind of shows that Konami are done with the franchise bar ringing the sponge for a bit more money.

Will a non-Kojima metal gear sell. I kinda wish Sony could get Komani to let Kojima finish MGSV. It does sound like content was cut from it.

40 minutes ago, chakoo said:

The only way this would interest me is if the remake was being done by Bluepoint and was based on the original, not the Twin Snakes version.

Yeah, if based in Twin Snakes, they can keep it. I’d also like a more than just remaking assets. Updating the layout of the facility and environments to utilize 3D camera and mobility, with AI to match. 

only a remaster 2 and 3 is...uh, disappointing. Those are PS2 games. :/

15 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I really liked 5, but I don't imagine what I liked about that one would translate well to a remake of the first.

I haven't played it actually despite loving Phantom Pain but from what I've read, isn't Ground Zeroes kind of an in-between in terms of MGSV gameplay and more 'single location' oriented gameplay? Maybe that'll be the route they're going.

Considering what Konami is at this point, I can't imagine this not being lowest effort possible and being heavily based on MGSV in some capacity. 

4 hours ago, chakoo said:

The only way this would interest me is if the remake was being done by Bluepoint and was based on the original, not the Twin Snakes version.

I played the original MGS through several times on PS, but only played through Twin Snakes once a long time ago.. I don't remember what was different about it.

21 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I played the original MGS through several times on PS, but only played through Twin Snakes once a long time ago.. I don't remember what was different about it.

It's Metal Gear Solid 1 with MGS2'a gameplay. It does unbalance the game a bit. It also has very anime/matrix cutscenes. (Snake jumping on a missile for example)  also the voice acting is alittle different. Like Meiling doesn't have a Chinese accent. 

It's very divisie among the fan base but I love it. At the very least Dolphin makes the game playable in the modern era as oppose to the eye sore of PS1 graphics. 

Edit: It was a gamecube exclusive development in partnership with Nintendo/Silicon Knights. It's probably gonna be stuck on the gamecube forever.

9 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

You really don't.

The Metal Gear fight was... disappointing.

5 was an amazing game in that it allowed you accomplish your objectives a billion different ways, the only limit was your imagination, very Breath of the Wild-like in that aspect.

Now the story on the other hand was pretty meh especially since fucking Konami didn't allow Kojima enough time to add the final mission before booting him out the door. It also had some of the weakest boss fights of any MGS game, but overall it's definitely still worth playing.

I'm torn.  All six hours of that game are iconic so it could feel jarring if it plays differently, has added content and different pacing. Is it still MGS1 if the bird's eye camera is changed to MGS5's?  How do you tweak the level design? Story? There's a domino effect to consider. On the other hand, blending its story and characters with MGS5's gameplay sounds like a dream come true if done well. There's a difficult balance to achieve, but it seems doable enough, so I'm hyped.  What might've been more exciting though is a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake with a Kojima-penned script! Those need the remake treatment more than any in the series.

6 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

It's Metal Gear Solid 1 with MGS2'a gameplay. It does unbalance the game a bit. It also has very anime/matrix cutscenes. (Snake jumping on a missile for example)  also the voice acting is alittle different. Like Meiling doesn't have a Chinese accent. 

It's very divisie among the fan base but I love it. At the very least Dolphin makes the game playable in the modern era as oppose to the eye sore of PS1 graphics. 

Edit: It was a gamecube exclusive development in partnership with Nintendo/Silicon Knights. It's probably gonna be stuck on the gamecube forever.

Twin Snakes also had Nintendo-related Easter eggs.  Really the only time I can remember lauhing out loud at a video game is when Pyscho Mantis read the contents of my GCN memory card and told me what games I liked.  The funniest part was that he just kept going on about my gaming habits because I had every compatible save game on it :lol:

4 hours ago, Pikachu said:

GOG just got Metal Gear, MGS1, MGS 2 Substance, and a collection of Castlevania & Contra games: 

36738fa8a1a43c5a24c42f47d63e41a9507188ad
WWW.GOG.COM

Classic KONAMI games return to modern computers on GOG.COM

I might buy MGS2 but people are saying you still need to download the fanmade patches.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Remake all of them to play like MGSV but their classic areas rather than the big empty nothing that was MGSV and I'm in. Otherwise I don't care, as these games always kind of played like ass. Novel ass, but ass nonetheless.

I'd be down for some remakes but the only we get that is if Sony or somebody foots the bill.

An MGS remake in the phantom pain style would be disappointing because there’s just so much open world jank you’d miss out on.  If I can’t stop a caravan by placing a horse in the middle of the road I previously laced with C4 to detonate one tank, then what even is the point?  The few indoor spaces in  MGSV were not the highlight of that game.