Metal Gear Solid reportedly getting a full remake and 2-4 getting remastered. PC/PS5 console exclusive

Brian

7 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

An MGS remake in the phantom pain style would be disappointing because there’s just so much open world jank you’d miss out on.  If I can’t stop a caravan by placing a horse in the middle of the road I previously laced with C4 to detonate one tank, then what even is the point?  The few indoor spaces in  MGSV were not the highlight of that game.

Well for me, despite being less refined gameplay wise, Ground Zeroes was what the entirety of Phantom Pain should've been. Its own little clockwork miniature world absolutely packed with things going on. If Kojima were making it, I could see him redesigning each MGS1 area to have much more going on, but not overwhelmingly so, so that each time you played it, since it's so short, you could see vastly different little scenarios, and plenty of gameplay options.

Of course, that's nothing but a depressing pipe dream, but it would take me from someone who doesn't really like MGS to a huge fan, because when you were actually doing things in populated areas in MGS V, it was extremely fun. The indoor parts of Phantom Pain weren't great but that's because there's only the opening, which is nearly on rails, and like a tiny hangar you can't really go in later. The lack of indoor areas was a huge disappointment.

6 hours ago, eventide11 said:

He was trying entirely too hard with Vampires, bloated explanations and all that BS. Didn't feel like Metal Gear anymore after MGS1 

I really don’t care for MGS2 and I don’t understand the weird love some people have for it, but...

it absolutely feels like Metal Gear.  I might not think Vamp or the rest are interesting or good, but MGS1 had a fetish gear wearing floating psychic and a dude who copied people down to their DNA.  It was always dumb bullshit, it was just better dumb bullshit.

56 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

You clearly didnt play mgs3

I did. It improved in some areas but just didn't make me want to play again immediately improving the next playthrough after I was done like MGS1 did. And having to play as Raiden over Snake was the biggest let down in gaming for me at that time. 

17 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

I really don’t care for MGS2 and I don’t understand the weird love some people have for it, but...

it absolutely feels like Metal Gear.  I might not think Vamp or the rest are interesting or good, but MGS1 had a fetish gear wearing floating psychic and a dude who copied people down to their DNA.  It was always dumb bullshit, it was just better dumb bullshit.

The literal camera perspective in 2 hasn't aged well and I don't think the gameplay is as compelling as MGS1 or MGS3, but I think that the actual "point" of MGS2 was very well made at the time and has only become more relevant since.