WandaVision OT - For the Children!

Pikachu

10 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

So the perimeter sirens were going off again before Quicksilver showed up, which suggests that Quicksilver just ran in, as opposed to Wanda “making” him. That tracks with her talking to her kids about how you shouldn’t magic people back from the dead and seeming pretty genuinely surprised that Quicksilver was there.

So... how do we think he got there? There seems to be something else going on beyond just what Wanda is doing herself, and the other characters talking about how Wanda never displayed power on this level seems to track with that.

Multiverses seem to be merging and this is probably the first indication of that... Spiderman 3 and Dr Strange 2 will expand on that. As for why? I dunno but considering 3 of the marvel movies series have dealt with time travel, its a safe bet that all of that timetravel is the ultimate culprit.

Watched all the episodes so far,

I’m definitely more interested than I was going in.

It’s definitely coming together, but I still don’t know where the kids came from, how she resurrected Vision, and how Quicksilver is there. And that version of him. Are they just changing the actor now since X-men is merging in with the MCU?

Well Wanda told the kids no matter how much it hurts, you can’t bring back what is dead. So her brother is dead in her reality and so whoever is really controlling these events (tapping into her desires) Pulled Peters from his X-Men universe to fill her needs for her brother back. Now what about Vision? In some ways you can argue he isn’t alive because he ain’t human but machine. So something needed, and is now powering his body for her Wandavision world 

23 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

So, is anyone buying into the whole Agnes is Agatha Harkness theory going around? People were speculating Hahn was playing Agatha since before the series had even begun.

I think she is.... Harkness probably plays a different role on the show than in the comics though.

14 hours ago, silentbob said:

Well Wanda told the kids no matter how much it hurts, you can’t bring back what is dead. So her brother is dead in her reality and so whoever is really controlling these events (tapping into her desires) Pulled Peters from his X-Men universe to fill her needs for her brother back. Now what about Vision? In some ways you can argue he isn’t alive because he ain’t human but machine. So something needed, and is now powering his body for her Wandavision world 

Since she'd powered by the same gem that powered HIM, its concievable that she's powering him and animating his body. She killed him once any way.

Well, the kids' powers were revealed.

Agnes doesn't appear to be pulling any strings, so she's probably not the arch-villain.

Pietro is complicated. Is he just a "reskin" of the MCU version? He remembers being killed, and he doesn't seem to be under any mind control. Maybe his memories were simply altered, and he's still from the Fox-verse.

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

Agnes doesn't appear to be pulling any strings, so she's probably not the arch-villain.

Pietro is complicated. Is he just a "reskin" of the MCU version? He remembers being killed, and he doesn't seem to be under any mind control. Maybe his memories were simply altered, and he's still from the Fox-verse.

feels like Pietro is being controlled by the villain 

4 hours ago, Reputator said:

Pietro seems to be a combination of the MCU anf Fox versions... some of their memories don't line up and he definitely has the Fox version's personality. Like the jokes about their accents.

I liked this weeks episode being that it was on the lighter side in drama. I agree that the 2 Quicksilver’s are an amalgamation of the 2 we know. X-Men look but brothers uniform with bloody body holes in her quick viewing moment. Plus you gotta love these little name drop references to each character too. Love the MIM as the tv show reference because Vision would of been named Hal. There’s also a moment when Wanda and Pietro are asking about the past and about looks. Wanda ended it with her saying her brother was Kick-Ass to which her movie brother Aaron Johnson had also played superhero movie wise. 

So, I guess we now know how Monica Rambeau gets her superpowers.

One thing I'm having a hard time figuring out this series is where the line between foreshadowing and Easter eggs fall.

Spoiler

Does Pietro's jokes about the twins being hellspawn a bit of Mephisto foreshadowing or is it a throw away Easter egg that referencing the comics? With the MCU, I can't tell.

Did I read the screen right? Was I supposed to assume that Vision’s body was near the border of town before shit went weird? I wonder if he’ll escape town, get into his body, and be “white” Vision.

Also if Mephisto isn’t involved, they’re being really cute about it. I dunno how they’d deal with him in the MCU. I know Dormammu is pretty darn weird, but they kinda got away with that by having him be on screen for 5 minutes and being a growling dum dum the whole time. I dunno how they’ll incorporate... you know... THE DEVIL into the MCU.

Now here is another bad guy that I don’t know if they would work story wise, but I keep thinking of “Mr. Sinister”  Didn’t he have some sort episode during the Fox series where he turned himself into his mutant self. Could he be involved with Wanda and increasing her powers. If not, set him up nicely for Deadpool 3  

37 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Hasn’t been mentioned yet but if we do in fact get Mephisto does that mean we can please please please get a legit version of Ghost Rider too??

Gabriel Luna's Robbie Reyes was such a good Ghost Rider, though. I'd love to see him reprise the role.

On 2/14/2021 at 8:51 PM, Remarkableriots said:

That was going to happen but Hulu canceled the series over creative differences they couldn't work out.

https://comicyears.com/tv-shows/gabriel-luna-canceled-ghost-rider-tv-series-hulu/

Yeah, I remember when that happened. I want to see him brought back to theaters or a Disney+ series. I'd like to see him team up with like Blade and Morbius and the other supernatural Marvel characters for a sort of Midnight Sons team up.

4 minutes ago, ort said:

I never knew that Scarlet Witch was a ding dang Olsen twin. What the heck?

(OK, Olson sister, or whatever, you know what I mean... and how haven't they done Full House on Wandavision yet?)

she may not have wanted to do full house stuff. i believe the twins didn’t have any role in Fuller House so it might be out of respect for her sisters or her own thing.