New USPS changes from the new Trump appointed Postmaster General seem designed to just destroy the post office

2 hours ago, ThreePi said:

The point is to look at the design of a standard UPS or FedEx truck and that of the USPS truck. Wide open cab, big sliding door for access in the front. These design choices didn't get conjured out of thin air. Your argument in favor of USPS going with the Ford Transit is that its a standard design that would be cheaper to purchase and maintain, but you haven't made any argument that it can handle the workload that the USPS requires. I'm not saying the Oshkosh deal is good, but more goes into this than just what is cheap and available.

I just want to say I get your argument and am befuddled by other people who seemingly don’t. USPS and UPS/FedEx/Amazon have different needs and so it is largely irrelevant that Transits are used by those firms. Does a Transit work for USPS purposes? Maybe so, but you can’t use these other delivery/logistics companies as proof because they have very different needs.

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I just want to say I get your argument and am befuddled by other people who seemingly don’t. USPS and UPS/FedEx/Amazon have different needs and so it is largely irrelevant that Transits are used by those firms. Does a Transit work for USPS purposes? Maybe so, but you can’t use these other delivery/logistics companies as proof because they have very different needs.

No one was arguing about UPS/FEDEX except for him . He’s the one that used them as example 

8 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

No one was arguing about UPS/FEDEX except for him . He’s the one that used them as example 

So not only do you not understand their point, you didn’t understand my post either 😂 

@sblfilms @ThreePi

The truth of the matter is  somewhere in between. The "styles" of van should be used in combination with one another. USPS is pushing to get rid of the drive up style mail delivery because of the time waste in doing so. For now using the old style will get use in old areas but in larger metro area spending the money to fab up the van is waste as the driver just gets out and grabs the box of mail.

25 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@Joe

368774066.jpg?itok=al2KsU_0
WWW.TTNEWS.COM

The U.S. Postal Service currently plans for only 10% of its new truck fleet to be electric, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said Feb. 24...

Workhorse could wind up with the contract still.

And in case that didn’t convince you;

11-AA2-E92-1-D0-D-4-B33-A849-6938-AA741-

@Joeyour WKHS swing is now a long hold :p 

BTW, I should clarify, the only reason I didn’t take a position was because my capital was tied up elsewhere, not because I didn’t believe in the stock or “saw something” or whatever. :p  
Apparently, Cathy Wood purchased like $600k worth of WKHS shares yesterday morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SimpleG said:

@sblfilms @ThreePi

The truth of the matter is  somewhere in between. The "styles" of van should be used in combination with one another. USPS is pushing to get rid of the drive up style mail delivery because of the time waste in doing so. For now using the old style will get use in old areas but in larger metro area spending the money to fab up the van is waste as the driver just gets out and grabs the box of mail.

And there are some places, like where I used to live, where the driver would actually stop and park at one location and walk around the block. He didn't stop at each mailbox. Maybe the solution isn't what kind of truck but what kind of mailperson. 🤔

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I believe Biden nominated enough board governors for a majority but the senate is still slow on confirmations. They only just finished cabinet secretaries. 

The majority will include one Trump-appointed Democrat who voted to approve DeJoy, hardly a guarantee he'll now vote to remove DeJoy. They should have fired the entire board and then nominated four new Democrats. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Republicans complained that Dr. Seuss was being cancelled.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas is a book by Dr. Seuss specifically about how Christmas is not about the presents.

Republicans are complaining that Christmas will be cancelled, specifically because presents might not arrive on time.

This is all an elaborate plan to get me to have a stroke, I know it.

• Haha 1

It's just amazing to me how fast the entire GOP apparatus starting working to pump out these narratives once they decide on one. Supply line problems have been ongoing basically since the start of COVID, but they seem to have decided within the last 48 hours to say it's entirely Biden's fault. Obviously when you have a cable news channel that's basically an extended arm of the party it makes it easier, but you still get the sense that Democrats absolutely could not message like this on anything if they tried to.

• Guillotine 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Hes still being stupid and replacing the republican with another republican, but at least the dem that got DeJoy in there will be gone.

He also waited so long there won't be enough time to undo some of the damage done in time for the USPS's busiest time of the year.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Listen...at this point, you could have a national (hell, international) referendum with the following question:

1. Do not destroy the Earth with nuclear weapons (what liberals want)
  2. Destroy the Earth with nuclear weapons (what liberals don't want)

And I guarantee you'd get at least 25% of the US population (and 10% of other western nations' populations) voting to destroy the Earth. They'd invent all sorts of reasons about conspiracies and how the button to launch all the nukes has actually been wired by Trump to detonate neck explosives in pedophile liberals necks, etc. But in the end, the reason they'd want the button pushed is to show the libs who is boss. That's it. 90% of conservative populist policy at this point is just to put the liberals in their place. There is no mission or objective higher than that.