Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady, 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Flash and Burn" Official Gameplay Trailer
On 12/9/2021 at 9:58 PM, Dre801 said:

Looks alright.  I’ve just never taken much interest in anything Suicide Squad related.   They just don’t do it for me.

My thoughts exactly. If it turns out great with positive review scores and user impressions I'll give it a shot. Other that that it was kinda meh.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady, 202?) - Information Thread, update: reportedly delayed to 2023 (Bloomberg)
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm fine with this. This year is already packed with releases, and with Gotham Knights coming in the fall, it might be a harder sell. Plus nothing I saw of it so far made it look that special.

They should take their time and make the best game they can. 

I hope the company making the new Ghostbusters game do the same thing, because Predator wasn't very good.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady, 2023?) - Information Thread, update: officially delayed to 2023
  • 8 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady, 26 May 2023) - Information Thread, update: 26 May 2023 release announced, Kevin Conroy returns for his final performance as Batman
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady, PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 26 May 2023) - Information Thread, update: 26 May 2023 release announced, Kevin Conroy returns for his final performance as Batman
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady, PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 26 May 2023) - Information Thread, update: Co-Op Gameplay trailer
2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Holy shit that reminds me of Saints Row IV. And not in a good way.

As succinctly put by a ResetERA poster:

Harley Quinn is an acrobatic lady who always carries around a big baseball bat, so she naturally uses guns.

King Shark is a big, hypermuscular brute who can rip men in half or swallow them whole, so he’s most effective when he uses guns.

Captain Boomerang is a character literally defined by his use of boomerangs, so obviously he primarily uses guns.

Game may still be fun, but that didn't impress me.

A few things:

1) So a diverse cast of popular villains from the DC universe, all with their own special powers, and abilities, and the gameplay is them all mostly using guns...

2) Not to sound like a chud, but if this is in the Arkhamverse then why is Deadshot now suddenly a Black guy? It's not like this is Deadshot II, and a different real name, no, it's still Floyd Lawton. This screams as either a retcon just to add more racial diversity*, or this wasn't originally set within the Arkhamverse, until someone from marketing/higher up decided they would probably get more sales if it was said to be within the Arkhamverse. They could have made him Bloodsport.

*Obviously should be noted that I have no issue with racial diversity, but it is weird to just retcon a character like that with no explanation (unless there is some explanation that we don't know yet).

and

3) I guess we know who they modelled Brainiac after

spacer.png

I actually like third person shooters, but I honestly have no interest in the Suicide Squad. I couldn't even get through the movies.

That said, I'd still give it a try if it looked intriguing. But man, there's something about this game that just looks... unappealing. And I think I know what it is. Not to pimp my own channel... but...

• Halal 1