Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Huh? I didn't mention you or your opinions which I couldn't care less about. 

I thought you were upset with my comments about the game. I read impressions all morning so that is where my opinion was formed. I hope you guys enjoy some aspects of the game but you cannot ignore what's going on. I get you say you despise reviews and user impressions but at some point you have to listen. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

No you relax. Skillz is cool. Always been cool to me even though I’ve given him plenty reasons in the past not to. @skillzdadirecta please post your opinions. 

I love skillz. Just because I think a game is garbage shouldn't mean anything to him. He didn't make the game lol. 

User impressions are actually pretty positive for the game from what I’ve seen. People who watched streams so they could dunk on the game seem to think less highly of the game. The discrepancy seems most obvious with the resetera OP being highly positive with the people who are playing it and the spoiler thread there being negative with people who watched streams to see the ending already.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC | 02 February 2024) - update: Rocksteady pulls game offline less than hour into early access after players’ games "auto completed"

Playing it on my laptop made me realize more how rough it is on the cpu. Needs a 30fps lock with RT and still dips below 60fps with RT off. Laptop cpu’s are of course less powerful than desktop ones but this is a high end one, and a lot of people without the absolute best cpu’s are going to have issues here.

Needs frame gen bad, blows my mind they wouldn’t take the nearly free better pc press/word of mouth by paying someone for a couple days to add frame gen. Especially with a release like this. I know it’s not quite that easy but it’s pretty damn close to that easy. I’d love to hear the conversations about it, surely they can’t just be forgetting and someone high-up pushes it as an impossibility. 

Luckily vrr works well so it’s fine enough for now on my desktop with RT and my laptop without. Hope puredark fixes it quickly once the early access period ends.

Unsurprising performance issues aside, I’m super impressed with the verticality and scale on display here. Lots of dense vertical geometry makes for some really awesome looking fire fights. Im a little surprised how much this feels built ground up for current gen. No way could last gen run this one.

Well puredark just posted he’s going to work on bringing fsr3 to all his dlss3 mods before doing a new game so I guess we won’t get frame gen on this for at least a month. I’m having fun and want to see where the story goes so I’ll just stick to 60fps with vrr handling dips.

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

:daydream: 

I'm having fun with it... playing it pretty much as a single player game with A.I. Companions. Reminds me a bit of that Guardians of The Galaxy game from a couple of years ago... the writing and performances are JUST as good so far and the game is actually very funny but also pretty dark. Surprised DC/Warner Bros. let them do some of the shit they are doing in this game. Still curious to see how the end game is going to work and the looter mechanics are already wearing out their welcome for me, but the actual gameplay, narrative and graphical presentation are ALL top notch. One thing I was surprised by after playing the alpha was how good the story actually is. The alpha didn't have any cutscenes so they kept that under wraps. Probably gonna power through the story solo before I do any co-op. Been maining Deadshot, but King Shark is fun to play as too. Boomerang is probably my least favorite to play but he's not terrible.

• Halal 2
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

:daydream: 

I'm having fun with it... playing it pretty much as a single player game with A.I. Companions. Reminds me a bit of that Guardians of The Galaxy game from a couple of years ago... the writing and performances are JUST as good so far and the game is actually very funny but also pretty dark. Surprised DC/Warner Bros. let them do some of the shit they are doing in this game. Still curious to see how the end game is going to work and the looter mechanics are already wearing out their welcome for me, but the actual gameplay, narrative and graphical presentation are ALL top notch. One thing I was surprised by after playing the alpha was how good the story actually is. The alpha didn't have any cutscenes so they kept that under wraps. Probably gonna power through the story solo before I do any co-op. Been maining Deadshot, but King Shark is fun to play as too. Boomerang is probably my least favorite to play but he's not terrible.

Glad you're enjoying your time with it. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Glad you're enjoying your time with it. 

I played the alpha... I knew I was going to enjoy it based on that. Just wasn't sure I was going to get it day one because I wasn't sure how much fun it would be solo because the alpha didn't have any story scenes in it. I only got it this week after finding out @JPDunks4 was had gotten it and he's one of my main co-op buddies along with @ARZ. The three of us had a lot of fun playing games this board and other places dismissed. So once I saw that he got it, I pulled the plug and got it myself. I already knew the gameplay was solid, I just didn't know how well the story was integrated.

Also this game is firmly entrenched in the "Arkham-verse" 

Spoiler

There's a whole Batman museum in the game that recounts the events of the Arkham games via interactive exhibits... very cool.

So yeah @best3444... this is why I pay little attention to what strangers on the internet think about games and would rather go by my own opinions or the opinions of folks I actually know. I would have missed out on a LOT of fun experiences if I went by what the internet was saying.

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I played the alpha... I knew I was going to enjoy it based on that. Just wasn't sure I was going to get it day one because I wasn't sure how much fun it would be solo because the alpha didn't have any story scenes in it. I only got it this week after finding out @JPDunks4 was had gotten it and he's one of my main co-op buddies along with @ARZ. The three of us had a lot of fun playing games this board and other places dismissed. So once I saw that he got it, I pulled the plug and got it myself. I already knew the gameplay was solid, I just didn't know how well the story was integrated.

Also this game is firmly entrenched in the "Arkham-verse" 

Reveal hidden contents

So yeah @best3444... this is why I pay little attention to what strangers on the internet think about games and would rather go by my own opinions or the opinions of folks I actually know. I would have missed out on a LOT of fun experiences if I went by what the internet was saying.

Excellent. That spoiler is awesome, too. 

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Thanks for posting your impressions. I was a bit let down when you said you weren't going to.

Yeah I just didn't feel like defending the game with people who not only weren't going to play it, but had no intention of ever playing it. I've found other places to discuss games I'm playing... not ARGUE about them... I just don't have time for that anymore. Between Reddit, Discord and other places, you can always find folks who are willing to actually talk about a game constructively without it descending into a snipe-fest. I'm too old for that shit :p

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

What system did you get it for?

Xbox. Don't know if it has crossplay. OH another thing... Bestbuy does NOT honor the 72 hour early access on digital purchases so I got a refund and bought it from the Xbox store directly. It's weird because If you buy a physical copy, you DO get the 72 hour early access but not for the digital version according to the online chatbot I dealt with :p I had the same thing happen with Starfield. Don't buy digitla copies from best buy if you are expecting to play the game early. Their system won't send you the code until the actual release date.

2 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I just checked and it looks like it does. I would like to get it when it goes on sale. Hopefully we can play together.

Definitely worth picking up on sale. I played for 4 or 5 hours yesterday after booting it up just to check it out. I can say that it's already better tha the Avengers' game and is probably better than Gotham Knights as well from astory standpoint and I enjoyed both of those games as well. We'll see if it tops Guardians though... that game's story was top notch.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Definitely worth picking up on sale. I played for 4 or 5 hours yesterday after booting it up just to check it out. I can say that it's already better tha the Avengers' game and is probably better than Gotham Knights as well from astory standpoint and I enjoyed both of those games as well. We'll see if it tops Guardians though... that game's story was top notch.

I wish that Avengers had a more structured story. I couldn't quite figure out what order everything was supposed to go.

Just now, Remarkableriots said:

I wish that Avengers had a more structured story. I couldn't quite figure out what order everything was supposed to go.

i feel like they ran out of content to put in that game or ran out of budget. TWO villain mini bosses was criminal... that game NAILED the gameplay of each character though. Each one was unique and could have easily starred in their own solo game.

• True 2

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I just didn't feel like defending the game with people who not only weren't going to play it, but had no intention of ever playing it. I've found other places to discuss games I'm playing... not ARGUE about them... I just don't have time for that anymore. Between Reddit, Discord and other places, you can always find folks who are willing to actually talk about a game constructively without it descending into a snipe-fest. I'm too old for that shit :p

I also feel for some games like this these days, streamers have made internet discourse more annoying. You have streamers who very much will say and present things in a way just for clicks - then people watching those streams thinking that counts as experiencing the game. Like, I don’t mind that people have different opinions on games, but what we are seeing often is not an opinion of the game at all and just memeing. 

Idk, I look at a game like this and you isolate the different parts and exactly WHAT is a disaster here? The gameplay? Definitely not. The story, the graphics, the music? Nope. Level design? There’s like four other games maybe with this much dense verticality. Does the gameplay loop hold up or does it get repetitive and how is mission variety? That is the question but it’s one that won’t be answered by people not playing it and subjective. 

Anywayyyyyyy, right now King Shark is my favorite but I keep switching especially when you get a bonus for using a particular character. Then Deadshot (close second!), then Hailey (she’s great here!), then Boomerang (he’s cool just not AS cool).

One thing with deadshot, and I keep talking about the verticality, but when you are doing the jetpack hovering downwards while taking out enemy’s as you approach a rooftop thing and you are passing down through all this architecture, it feels so very cool.

• Thanks 2
  • Halal 1

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

I also feel for some games like this these days, streamers have made internet discourse more annoying. You have streamers who very much will say and present things in a way just for clicks - then people watching those streams thinking that counts as experiencing the game. Like, I don’t mind that people have different opinions on games, but what we are seeing often is not an opinion of the game at all and just memeing. 

Idk, I look at a game like this and you isolate the different parts and exactly WHAT is a disaster here? The gameplay? Definitely not. The story, the graphics, the music? Nope. Level design? There’s like four other games maybe with this much dense verticality. Does the gameplay loop hold up or does it get repetitive and how is mission variety? That is the question but it’s one that won’t be answered by people not playing it and subjective. 

Anywayyyyyyy, right now King Shark is my favorite but I keep switching especially when you get a bonus for using a particular character. Then Deadshot (close second!), then Hailey (she’s great here!), then Boomerang (he’s cool just not AS cool).

One thing with deadshot, and I keep talking about the verticality, but when you are doing the jetpack hovering downwards while taking out enemy’s as you approach a rooftop thing and you are passing down through all this architecture, it feels so very cool.

King Shark followed by Harley Quinn was what I was looking forward to the most! 

44 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

King Shark followed by Harley Quinn was what I was looking forward to the most! 

King Shark is some straight Crackdown traversal and using the drones for Harley Quinn’s grapple hook swinging so you can use it anywhere without it being off putting is a very smart mechanic!

• Halal 1

34 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

@skillzdadirecta Reminds me of Shadow of War/Mordor where people were bashing them without trying it out. I need to redownload those and finish the expansions.

Dude... that was annoying as FUCK. That game was amazing and people shat on it for loot boxes that didn't matter AT ALL in the game. I put like 100 hours into that game... so underrated. I mean I would feel bad for people who let other's opinions determine whether or not they shoudl experience a game... if I actually gave a fuck :p Sucks for them I guess :shrug: I learned at a young age to try things with an open mind... you may discover something that could end up being your next favorite thing. "Impressions" from strangers mean absolutely nothing to me because I have no idea who this person is, what they like or what their agenda is. I've discovered so many games that I ended up loving just by trying them. 

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

King Shark is some straight Crackdown traversal and using the drones for Harley Quinn’s grapple hook swinging so you can use it anywhere without it being off putting is a very smart mechanic!

King Shark is basically playing The Hulk with guns... so fun. They really nailed the Traversal mechanics in this game... each is unique without it being tedious or annoying. Honestly I feel like the weakest aspect of the game may end up being the actual LOOT. I've gotten a couple of lengdaries all ready... is there something higher than that in this game?

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

King Shark is basically playing The Hulk with guns... so fun. They really nailed the Traversal mechanics in this game... each is unique without it being tedious or annoying. Honestly I feel like the weakest aspect of the game may end up being the actual LOOT. I've gotten a couple of lengdaries all ready... is there something higher than that in this game?

Im not sure if legendary even means anything really here or not? I don’t quite get the loot system yet either. I definitely get guns that are more powerful than others - including non legendary guns better than legendary..I’m not sure what classifies something as special here beyond the stats.

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Im not sure if legendary even means anything really here or not? I don’t quite get the loot system yet either. I definitely get guns that are more powerful than others - including non legendary guns better than legendary..I’m not sure what classifies something as special here beyond the stats.

Yeah that's why I said the loot system is the weakest part of the game so far. just numbers moving around really.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Don’t try and suck up. It’s to late buddy boy. 

I'm not sucking up. Skillz is a good dude who I respect and I'm happy he is enjoying the game. I wish I was more like him and didn't use reviews and user impressions to see if I like a game or not. 

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah that's why I said the loot system is the weakest part of the game so far. just numbers moving around really.

If you do find something, let me know! I tried googling it and they say they are trying to do something like Diablo but if they are I don’t get it

• Halal 1