Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 02 February 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Official Deluxe Edition" trailer and "Just Us" live action spot

Developer Rocksteady was forced to pull Suicide Squad servers offline less than an hour into its early access release, after players experienced a bug which automatically completed the game after they logged in for the first time.

The online co-op title officially releases on February 2. However, those who purchase the more expensive Deluxe Edition can play 72 hours early.

The first territory to go live, as always, was New Zealand, with many international players using a popular region trick on Xbox consoles in order to play Suicide Squad early.

However, less than an hour after the game went live, Rocksteady took the servers offline and told players the downtime would last several hours while it investigated the auto-game-completion bug.

• Haha 3

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 02 February 2024) - update: Rocksteady pulls game offline less than hour into early access after players’ games "auto completed"

I look forward to the following Articles from Kotaku:

* Suicide squad has released and the internet is pissed!

* Suicide Squad is fundamentally flawed, no amount of patching will fix it

* I'm thirsty for Shark King 

* With Suicide Squad 3.0's release, the redemptive arch is now complete!

• True 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is more than likely the result of an improper flag setting in the config file during the transition from the production environment to the live environment.

It should be an easy fix, but it's just kinda embarrassing. 

It's a problem that would have been found during the review period.

Just now, 5timechamp said:

Ran into spoilers already for the “end” of the Batman arc..  I hope there is more in the game because what I saw was a dreadful way to close out

that is what my reaction post above yours is about

you may want to spoiler tag your post, might get some complaints

Game is super cpu bound - I haven’t tried without ray tracing yet but I think anyone without a recent cpu 12700k/5800x3D+ level cpu is probably going to have a not so great time with it. 

Im just leaving it maxed out with DLAA at 60fps for now. They really oughta ship with frame gen support (both fsr3/dlss3) on such a cpu bound title. Hopefully puredark does this one in short order so I can go back to 120fps. There is also traversal stutter which is unsurprisingly present on any system no matter what and will likely not be patched. It’s just how UE4 rolls, especially with ray tracing. But I expected that and for it to be worse actually so wharevas. It’ll not be that noticeable if/when a frame gen patch is out. I imagine on lower powered cpus it’s worse though.

Game and story seem fun! I’m maining King Shark right now. All the traversal mechanics feel good though and each unique from the others. More skill required to navigate than Spider-man’s god-mode swinging for good and bad. I love focus on fun traversal so having the characters really designed more around unique traversal than just combat is cool. Shooting feels great.

Im way too early to tell if the game is any good once you get into the gameplay loop, but I do think people who have been waiting for this to drop just to shit on it will be disappointed. 

• Halal 1

42 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

i was watching somebody play this for like 5 min this morning and they said the best part of the game was when they didnt have to play it and just enjoyed the cutscenes 

I watched a couple of streams. Reminded me of The Avengers game. Just so meh. It’s a hard pass for me. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Game is garbage as we all suspected. 

Easy buddy boy. Some people in this thread like it. Maybe tone down your opinion. 

The game isn’t something that I would enjoy but I’m glad others are having fun with it. 

• Sicko 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Easy buddy boy. Some people in this thread like it. Maybe tone down your opinion. 

The game isn’t something that I would enjoy but I’m glad others are having fun with it. 

Nope. Calling garbage garbage. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nublood said:

This is the kind of nothing article I expect to see tons of! Just an absolutely meaningless statistic to grab a headline. Why would people be googling how to refund it before the games release? 

Not as good as as the reviewer that posted an early review giving it a 4/10 then took the score away after commenters noticed they only played 2 hours of the game. The rush to dunk on this game is crazy. King Shark isn’t the only one smelling blood in the water sheesh.

The truth is likely going to be it’s a solid 7.5/10 sorta game that does what it does well and looks fantastic. But that’s no fun for anybody!

It was probably obvious from previews but I only watched a few gameplay clips since I didn’t want to spoil too much - but it clicks pretty quickly that this isn’t Arkham with guns, it’s the new Crackdown/Sunset Overdrive/Saints Row 4. Fans of those games can probably safely pick this up as a single player game. 

Actually the most damning negative I think so far, and I’ve heard people echo this online, is that it might work best as a single player game. At least the main story part. Which works great for me, but would mean they failed at their objective there. I haven’t played multiplayer though and likely won’t do I’d need someone I actualy trust like  @skillzdadirecta to comment how well it works in a group.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

It was probably obvious from previews but I only watched a few gameplay clips since I didn’t want to spoil too much - but it clicks pretty quickly that this isn’t Arkham with guns, it’s the new Crackdown/Sunset Overdrive/Saints Row 4. Fans of those games can probably safely pick this up as a single player game. 

Actually the most damning negative I think so far, and I’ve heard people echo this online, is that it might work best as a single player game. At least the main story part. Which works great for me, but would mean they failed at their objective there. I haven’t played multiplayer though and likely won’t do I’d need someone I actualy trust like  @skillzdadirecta to comment how well it works in a group.

I'll let you know my thoughts once me and @JPDunks4 get some playtime in but it won't be in this thread. In fact this will be my last time posting here. I've seen this lame movie before.

• True 2

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'll let you know my thoughts once me and @JPDunks4 get some playtime in but it won't be in this thread. In fact this will be my last time posting here. I've seen this lame movie before.

Come on bro. I told @best3444 to relax. I’m glad you enjoy the game and I always enjoy your posts. Hell, I’m playing Pokémon lol. Who cares? Like what you like. 

55 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I just post my opinions and you can easily ignore my posts. Relax.