Coke says it’s raising U.S. soda prices as retaliation to Trump's tariffs hit can costs

#winning

Coca-Cola Co. reported rising drink volumes in its latest quarter, boosted by demand for diet sodas in the U.S. and experiments abroad. But it also said it would take the unusual step of raising prices on its carbonated sodas in the middle of the year.

Chief Executive James Quincey said the price move was in response to rising costs, including higher freight rates and metal prices after the U.S. placed tariffs on Chinese imports earlier this year.

And Trump loves coke. =\

Okay, now that joke's out of the way.

I love both Coke and Pepsi, though I have a slight preference for Coke. Vanilla Coke da best.

I try not to drink much soda, though. I hardly ever keep it in my house. Sometimes, I break down at work and buy one and sometimes I'll have one when I'm out to eat, though I often just order unsweet tea.

Least I don't really drink alcohol. 

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, sodas are poison, but so is alcohol. I don't see any of the good folks here condemning that. 

For the record, I'm not a teetotaler, but I see a lot of people who have completely destroyed themselves with booze. It's not a pretty death. 

Word. I mean, moderation in all things to their own degrees, as Aristotle says. 

55 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, sodas are poison, but so is alcohol. I don't see any of the good folks here condemning that. 

For the record, I'm not a teetotaler, but I see a lot of people who have completely destroyed themselves with booze. It's not a pretty death. 

Alcohol is way more poisonous to boot.

I've always hated people that use that argument to why they only drink water or never go within 50 miles of a McDonald's or some shit. Those same people are the ones who get beyond fucked up on whatever they can grab, whenever they can.

"Ew gross, hamburgers. McDonald's is literally poison. Now excuse me while I snort this K I just got from this stranger in the parking lot."

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ort said:

Peanuts in Pepsi??? (google) Uh, what? This apparently is a real thing that people do... wow.

Next you're going to tell me there are people who put salt on watermelon or cheese on apple pie...

Peanuts in Pepsi is a big southern thing, black or white. 

Never heard of cheese on Apple pie, but most people down here put salt on watermelon.