Coke says it’s raising U.S. soda prices as retaliation to Trump's tariffs hit can costs

27 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The speed and willingness with which you enter conversations to tell someone they're mad will never cease to be amusing.

The speed and willingness with which you get mad will never cease to be amusing.

We work well together Chris. As long as you get overly emotional about everything, I'll always be there to point and laugh at you. We both win.

15 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

It's sad that despite that graph, obesity is still going up.  Crazy.

And yes, I know that there a LOT more factors into the obesity epidemic than soda, but still.

I'm going to assume it's cause soda was never the cause.

The joke has always been that the person who gets 4k worth of calories at McDonald's tries to make it better with a diet Coke. I'd be willing to bet that the drop in soda is going to be something like that.

Also when we measure obesity, we aren't exactly measuring how much every individual weighs either. Obese people could be losing weight overall, while more people just hit the obese mark. So we have more people making bad choices, but the choices aren't as bad as when fewer people where obese.

Either one of those could easily explain a discrepancy with that graph and obesity rates. I'm guessing the latter isn't going to be what's happening though.

It’s not just soda, it the added sugar in our diets and the fact that people intaking too many calories. The bad thing about sugar in drinks is that drinks don’t satisfy your hunger and you will intake more calories as solid food to satisfy that hunger. 

7 hours ago, outsida said:

But didn’t you post articles that painted artificial sweeteners in a negative light vs natural sweeteners? Your articles introduced that dichotomy

No? One of the studies used a natural sweetener as a variable, but the conclusion wasn't painted in a 'artificial vs natural' kind of way. 

6 hours ago, Scape Zero said:

The speed and willingness with which you get mad will never cease to be amusing.

We work well together Chris. As long as you get overly emotional about everything, I'll always be there to point and laugh at you. We both win.

If responding to an annoying post (and not even holding a grudge, since outsida and I have since exchanged pleasant posts) is getting 'overly emotional', your username must be in the dictionary next to 'histrionic'.

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

No? One of the studies used a natural sweetener as a variable, but the conclusion wasn't painted in a 'artificial vs natural' kind of way. 

If responding to an annoying post (and not even holding a grudge, since outsida and I have since exchanged pleasant posts) is getting 'overly emotional', your username must be in the dictionary next to 'histrionic'.

Has nothing to do with holding a grudge. It's that you found it as annoying as you did. He just called the studies shit, you are the one who responded all "How dare he make me defend my choice to not drink soda!"

But yeah, I'm the one with emotional issues.

2 minutes ago, Scape Zero said:

Has nothing to do with holding a grudge. It's that you found it as annoying as you did. He just called the studies shit, you are the one who responded all "How dare he make me defend my choice to not drink soda!"

But yeah, I'm the one with emotional issues.

Responding to a mildly annoying post with one sarcastic post is indicative of 'emotional issues'? Hello mountain, meet molehill.