Which death hit y'all the hardest (spoiled for Avengers Endgame, Lion King, Up, Coco)

I saw this trending:

Or more specifically Mama Coco, and I actually thought the same as those who were saying that. The other three deaths I think are more well-known since the movies were bigger, but Mama Coco was something else for me. I think it was driven by how beautiful her return was as she remembered her father and her fantastic look that garnered sympathy by itself. No more than a minute or two later, the picture appears on the ofrenda, which is a better ending for Héctor but sad for us despite the fact that there's clearly a beautiful afterlife in the Land of the Dead.

As much as I love Coco, there are times where it does say more than show, like when Miguel tells Imelda why he never returned. Mama Coco's singing of Remember Me and her death were two of the movie's strongest parts.

Also:

I hate how hard I cried at Iron Man's demise. Never saw Coco, but the other two movies didn't even phase me. I am just a big baby when it comes to heroic sacrifice. Like, I cried like a bitch when I was watching One Piece. Their very first boat eventually gained sentience and "died" saving the crew. 

Spoiler

Up by a long shot for me, and I still get tearing eye when I see it on tv. Non of the others really did anything too me emotionally. The only other two deaths that affected me on an emotional sobbing mess of a men were Pay It Forward and Big Fish. (Big Fish being the top choice for me)

I've never seen Coco so maybe not a fair comparison, but I actually was more upset at Tony Stark dying than either of the other two. After all of the movies and time spent with him, it was the most upsetting to me of those by far. And yeah, like @Bacon said, I'm a sucker for heroic sacrifice like that too. 

Didn't care about Stark. Mainly because I don't care about the MCU, but the whole final battle in Endgame was one contrived fan service mess that was done 100x better in Infinity War. Like there was no reason Stark had to die other than the contrived scenario the writers came up with.

Haven't seen Coco.

I haven't seen Up since its release, but it would probably resonate more with me now that I've been married for 11 years.

So probably Mufasa. Moreso even now because imagining one of my sons in Simba's position would be heartbreaking.

You would think is would be Mufasa or Up for me, since I was younger for Up and still a kid for Lion King, but I didn't really feel it for Up and with Lion King it just felt like a necessary plot point to me.

Seems not to be a popular opinion here, but I think it's Iron Man for me. But it's not because Stark was a particularly beloved character for me(though I do like him). Having been a fan of book series like the Dark Tower and Wheel of Time, I am a big sucker for fictional journies that span a long time in the real world. I tend to think about what has transpired in my life since the first time I sat down with these characters to the moment that it ends.

So to me, it wasn't so much about the individual character dying, it was how it was the capstone of that phase of the MCU and about a decades worth of investment in the characters.

As I have said before, "Love you 3000" became the popular saying from the movie, but I much prefer, "Part of the journey is the end."

• 2 weeks later...

There are few movies that have affected me as much as the ending of Coco. Everything from the song, the one year later “reveal”, the family dancing with the ghosts at the end. It all really got to me. My aunt had a year before this and it was coming out around my first thanksgiving without her.. Watching a movie that celebrates the memories of our past loved ones as a way to keep them around really slow to at the perfect time.