~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

Good god those oil prices. The only good news is the Canadian dollar seems less tightly coupled to oil than it’s been in a long time. If it was we’d be down to $1 CAD = 0.63c USD or less. :skull::canada:

-edit-

We're at $9 already and tanking further. 

45 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

hes making the point that they should have never been given that money in the first place

Well he didn't articulate that very well at all.

When they applied, they did not think the money would run out that quickly. They are now returning the money and should be commended for that. 

1 minute ago, Jose said:

When they applied, they did not think the money would run out that quickly. They are now returning the money and should be commended for that. 

Do you commend somebody who has money that takes all the change from the “take a penny, leave a penny” jar to buy something, but only puts it back when he sees somebody behind him struggling to afford anything? 

1 minute ago, Jose said:

No way that’s true. All the banks were saying “APPLY ASAP” because they knew it was way underfunded. The guy who came up with the idea for PPP said it needed to be at least 1 trillion to start.

Tgey reaches into that sweet 1% cookie jar and thought better of it afterward. I’m glad they did, they didn’t need the help.

Man I could go for a Shake Shack mushroom burger right now.

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Do you commend somebody who has money that takes all the change from the “take a penny, leave a penny” jar to buy something, but only puts it back when he sees somebody behind him struggling to afford anything? 

Again, they did not think the pool was that small.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

No way that’s true. All the banks were saying “APPLY ASAP” because they knew it was way underfunded. The guy who came up with the idea for PPP said it needed to be at least 1 trillion to start.

Tgey reaches into that sweet 1% cookie jar and thought better of it afterward. I’m glad they did, they didn’t need the help.

The real reason they returned the money ended up being because they got the capital they needed somewhere else. Still, I think they should be commended for returning the money. They didn't have to. Ruth's Chris sure won't.

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The nearest Shake Shack to me is near Philadelphia lol.  There's at least some good local burger joints near me, but I also need to not take out too much during this, for both my wallet and my waistline.

Rumors are Cushing storage capacity is about to max out. If that happens May contracts will hit negatives because the producers will literally have to pay people to take the oil.