What are you playing today?

5 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Was playing Bioshock, played through 80% of the 2nd area… the game randomly glitched and froze… forgot  this was one of those no auto-save games.. lost all progress…I lost the will to play specially having to do that hacking minigame..

I remember trying to get the Brass Balls achievement in that game, which involves not dying (or re-spawning in a vita chamber). There is an option to turn off the vita chambers which I had on. I was towards the end of the game and died and then re-spawned in a vita chamber and the option was turned off somehow so yeah, I didn't get the achievement for brass balls I got the achievement for blue balls. :|

I started playing The Good Life, and it took a little while to start appealing to me because it begins a bit abruptly with a lot of tutorials right away. I prefer games to gradually ease you into everything, but this one kind of bombards you immediately with stuff to learn. The button mapping for some things is a little awkward, and the gameplay is kind of clunky and unintuitive. The game in general looks and plays somewhat like a PS2/GCN/Xbox generation game, and while that gives it some retro appeal it also makes it feel a bit dated as well.

The game is a hybrid of an adventure game and a farming/life sim. It’s intentionally wacky and weird which is good for humor, and it has a certain charm to it overall. It’s kind of slow paced with you primarily going around a small English town and its wooded outskirts talking to a handful of NPCs, collecting things, running errands, doing fetch quests and taking photos. There’s some voice acting, but not a lot. Most of the time you’re reading dialogue text which makes character conversations and interactions a little dull. There’s frequent loading, and it can be long at times. And the current quest objective is always displayed on the middle left of the screen. I find it kind of distracting always being there. I don’t like cluttered HUDs in games, but unfortunately that’s what this one has without any way to declutter it.

But It’s something different, and kind of fun. It took a little while to grow on me, but it finally did when I started learning its ins and outs more. I’ve always been a fan of these types of zany niche Japanese games, so I’ve been somewhat enjoying it warts and all.

18 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

But It’s something different, and kind of fun. It took a little while to grow on me, but it finally did when I started learning its ins and outs more. I’ve always been a fan of these types of zany niche Japanese games, so I’ve been somewhat enjoying it warts and all.

It's a swery game so it's going to have some quirks that's for sure.

I downloaded it on game pass but haven't fired it up yet.

I was browsing my Xbox collection and remembered that I bought Dark Souls 3: The Fire Fades Edition back in the Spring as I was finishing up Elden Ring. It's the one Souls game I never finished, so I'm back into that. It's funny coming back to this style of game after spending so much time in ER. The (mostly) linear progression feels almost novel compared to the endless sprawl of the Lands Between. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

NBA 2K23 and some HFW.

Scratch that. I fell asleep because my sleep schedule has been so incredibly odd since I've not worked for 3 weeks nor getting paid because  I ran out of paid leave.

I'm completely and utterly all alone with no friends or family to turn to. I actually broke down and cried hard today before falling asleep. There is no happiness or joy in my life and I struggle each day to hang on. Nobody here understands the sheer and crippling sadness that losing identical twin is like. 

My body split in two when he passed and now I'm left with extreme lack of social skills and deficiency to learn life again as a one whole person. The pain I feel a day in beyond explaining to non twins. I could cry all day long because the pain is so very strong on the heart and mind.

I'm involved with twinless twins group and they say the same thing I do. I feel like half a person and I'm missing vital personality traits required to live a normal life.

I wouldn't want my worst enemy to feel this amount pain. Most days I read up on how to quietly end my life. I'm emotionally, physically, and spiritually exhausted beyond words. 

Video games used to be an escape but while playing (which my twin brother and I would do with every big release). I feel so empty and sad that I cry and have to stop. 

I know ive stated this before but it's getting worse. I get help from two doctors but they don't understand shit. Losing an identical twin is nothing compared to losing a regular sibling.

All I have to say is for you guys who are normal individual human beings with relationships and kids, cherish your time as much as you can. It's a gift and I was dealt an extremely painful card in life. I just don't know how long I can last like this.

Sorry for the post but I have nobody to turn to. My doctors don't comprehend the identical twin dynamic which is formed immediately in the uterus. It's a scientific fact twins connect and bond during development in the the uterus and it lasts for a lifetime. 

For those true individuals here do not take it for granted in who you are and the family and life you have. I could explain more but I hope you guys get a sense of what I'm about.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

I remember trying to get the Brass Balls achievement in that game, which involves not dying (or re-spawning in a vita chamber). There is an option to turn off the vita chambers which I had on. I was towards the end of the game and died and then re-spawned in a vita chamber and the option was turned off somehow so yeah, I didn't get the achievement for brass balls I got the achievement for blue balls. :|

Sucks about the no auto save glitch. I was replaying Doom Eternal and didn't realize I had the no respawn box checked. So so doing one of those purple key optional gate encounters I wiped out all the extra lives I had and then it put me at the beginning after like 15 hours!! I thought it glitched on me and tried again and died again at the SAME OPTIONAL ENCOUNTER. Then looked it up on google and saw that there's an option to not respawn after you lose all lives, DAMN IT! I have since then made it back to the last area in the game and am close to beating it! This was on hard, not the hardest difficulty but the next one up from hurt me plenty! I was livid the 2nd time boy!

Got and played a bunch of random stuff this weekend . Got the S5 premium pass for SF5 so tried out the last characters some. Luke seems fun actually.

Also got Toy Story 3 because I’m a bit fan of Disney Infinite (can’t wait for 1.0 to go on sale on steam now that I’m aware they unlocked everything from the toys) and that’s been really fun on the deck especially for only $3.

Redeemed a humble code for Plagues Tale and got almost where I left off on xbox so hopefully I can beat that before the sequel. It’s amazing looking on the deck.

Got Little Nightmares 2 which also looks and runs great at the deck, surprised it’s 60fps with all the settings minus ray tracing on high. Loved the first one so I’m excited to play more of this, seems really good so far.

Started Halo CE after getting MCC on Steam for $16 and also checked out Reach for a bit. Was having fun in CE but I’ll need to go back to it because I was super far into the second level and hit a checkpoint right when my warthog was falling off a cliff. Restarting the checkpoint caused it to just keep falling off the cliff so I have to replay the whole long ass level.

Also I’ve been wanting to check out Bright Memory Infinite so got that for $16 on Steam, and it seems like a fun arcade like game. I wouldn’t mind more cheap short games that show of cool tech and are just flashy arcade action for a couple hours. Runs well and looks impressive on deck and desktop. Character models are so bad though it really stands out next to the rest.

With work starting again, TV being decent, and work on my house, gaming has taken a back seat. I’ve been off work ill today (and will be tomorrow) and decided to fire up Metroid Dread. Blunt forced my way to a boss, so I’ll polish that off tomorrow. I’m quite far into the game now, so depending on how I feel, I may try and see it off tomorrow. More likely, I’ll manage about 30 minutes then need to have a sleep.

1 hour ago, Dre801 said:

Nope.  Had an unopened copy sitting on my shelf for probably two years.   Just cracked it open.

Well imo it's a masterpiece but most on this board thinks it sucks. Just going out and hunting the animals on your map was incredible. That's not even necessary for you to do in the game. It's fantastic and you just have to adjust to slower more realistic motion capture in the game. 

The story is awesome too and the gaming world is in a league of it's own. 

I started playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and it made me realize that I wasn’t crazy for thinking that PS4 games can still be impressive looking because it most certainly is. I’ve been playing a lot of games lately that kind of look like ass on PS4, and when I play something like SotTR I realize that there’s just no excuse for it. For example, I just recently played the demos for Star Ocean: The Devine Force and Valkyrie Elysium, and they look like PS3/Xbox 360 games on PS4. They’re low res/blurry, have undetailed textures, washed out colors and jittery frame rates. There’s absolutely no reason for them to look and perform as badly as they do on PS4, and it’s disappointing because I like them both but their PS3/Xbox 360 quality graphics are unacceptable so I’m going to wait and get them for PS5 when I get one.

Just grabbed Death Stranding Directors cut off steam for 23 bucks. Yes I know it's on Game pass but I've been wanting it along time now so I acted. It's downloading as I type this on my Steam deck. Also just downloaded Metal: Hellsinger from Game pass PC to check this game out, should be a blast. I loved Thumper and I know this isn't the same but there both rhythm games. I'll be playing that in a few minutes and playing Death Stranding the rest of the week and this weekend and beyond as I'm pretty sure it's a HUGE LONG GAME! I have always stayed away from media and spoilers for the most part beyond a review here and there and this game seems like a true jem and I'm excited!

Started playing Dark Souls for the first time.. actually tried to pay attention to what im doing… my “gamish” habits have gotten me slapped around pretty good.. its not at the point of fun yet but its a work in progress .. fuck firebombs…. the story telling and some of the functions and terminology are a bit under explained (not Tunic level but close) 

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Started playing Dark Souls for the first time.. actually tried to pay attention to what im doing… my “gamish” habits have gotten me slapped around pretty good.. its not at the point of fun yet but its a work in progress .. fuck firebombs…. the story telling and some of the functions and terminology are a bit under explained (not Tunic level but close) 

I forgot I owned this. I'll have to give it a try at some point. Good luck!