What are you playing today?

On 8/21/2022 at 8:04 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

On the play list today is The Deofield Chronicle demo & Thymesia. I really like Deofield, looking forward to the full game! Thymesia is a budget Bloodborne, which is fine enough to while away a weekend day. 

I do, so want to like Bloodborne, but after two tries it just never clicks for me. I’m sure it’s my fault as I’m awful at that game, but the actual world is just so cool. Maybe one more go…

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I do, so want to like Bloodborne, but after two tries it just never clicks for me. I’m sure it’s my fault as I’m awful at that game, but the actual world is just so cool. Maybe one more go…

Despite all the acclaim, it is a love it or hate type of game and you're not the first to say no thanks. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You still enjoying Madden? I've been watching vids on it and they seemed to have clean quite a bit up from last years version. It looks beautiful visually. 

The Franchise Mode is the best I’ve ever played in a Madden game 

I went back and played Portal again (on PC). It's been nearly 15 years since it came out ( :shock: ) but it's still a blast, and the humor still works. I sat down expecting to play maybe 15 minutes before bed and ended up playing for two hours and beat it. Excellent game! 

• Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

I should have the house after I get back from setting up my classroom, so I’ve got choices:  

Carry on with Doom Eternal

Carry on with Metroid Dread

Try out: Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Guardians of the Galaxy, Tetris Effect…or something else

Set up our attic so it has all my ‘older’ game consoles and laptop, so o have a retro game haven.

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

I went back and played Portal again (on PC). It's been nearly 15 years since it came out ( :shock: ) but it's still a blast, and the humor still works. I sat down expecting to play maybe 15 minutes before bed and ended up playing for two hours and beat it. Excellent game! 

Portal and Portal 2 are a couple my favorite games of all-time, especially Portal 2 which is an absolute masterwork IMO.

4 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I should have the house after I get back from setting up my classroom, so I’ve got choices:  

Carry on with Doom Eternal

Carry on with Metroid Dread

Try out: Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Guardians of the Galaxy, Tetris Effect…or something else

Set up our attic so it has all my ‘older’ game consoles and laptop, so o have a retro game haven.

Can't speak for the others, but Dread is worth seeing to the end.

6 hours ago, Nokra said:

Have you played the community made mods for Portal 2 (Portal Stories: Mel and Portal Reloaded)? There's a new one (Portal Stories: Forbidden Testing Tracks) due in October.

So... I just started playing Chrono Trigger quite possibly for the first time the other night. It was one of those games I've played the first hour or so of many times over the many years I've owned it and all and somehow I just never dedicated the time to it. 

I'm about 6 hours in now and man, I get it. I hadn't played one of these old school 16-bit RPGs in a LONG time and boy is this game endlessly charming and fun to play. It just constantly has some new twist on its own formula, some little tweak to level design you don't expect or something. I miss this so much about a lot of modern gaming, the whole idea of having a rock-solid and simple core and changing up encounter and level design around that to keep things fresh instead of just throwing endless items and shit at you. 

What a great experience so far, I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

24 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Was supposed to get my steam deck on Tuesday, then Wednesday and now it’s supposed to arrive today (fedex says it’s out for delivery), so that’s what I’ll be playing/setting up.  Then probably continue FFVII.  

Swear that happens to everyone, happened to me.

13 hours ago, dualhunter said:

Have you played the community made mods for Portal 2 (Portal Stories: Mel and Portal Reloaded)? There's a new one (Portal Stories: Forbidden Testing Tracks) due in October.

I'm ashamed to admit that I have never actually played Portal 2! :shock:  I bought it way back when, got distracted, and never returned to it. Maybe that will be my weekend plan. :p 

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Nokra said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I have never actually played Portal 2! :shock:  I bought it way back when, got distracted, and never returned to it.

It’s one of the best games that I’ve played, it’s almost perfect IMO. It’s continuously entertaining from beginning to end with some of the most clever, creative and fun to figure out puzzles that I’ve experienced in a game.

• Like 1