~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

This is all just so fucked. I’ve been delivering pizza for my brother’s store which is usually good money but I’ve been getting about half of what I’d normally make in tips. Then to top it off, the owner of the franchise called an ‘emergency managers meeting’ in Oakland county (ground zero for the outbreak in Michigan). Said something to the effect of, “it’s all an overblown political/media sensation.” A few hours later, my brother’s girlfriend isn’t feeling well and having panic attacks, and he decides to quit on the spot pretty much, after 4 years. One manager is out sick with a fever, another just put in his two-week notice. Now I’m wondering if the store will even be open next week.

• Sad 4

17 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

This is all just so fucked. I’ve been delivering pizza for my brother’s store which is usually good money but I’ve been getting about half of what I’d normally make in tips. Then to top it off, the owner of the franchise called an ‘emergency managers meeting’ in Oakland county (ground zero for the outbreak in Michigan). Said something to the effect of, “it’s all an overblown political/media sensation.” A few hours later, my brother’s girlfriend isn’t feeling well and having panic attacks, and he decides to quit on the spot pretty much, after 4 years. One manager is out sick with a fever, another just put in his two-week notice. Now I’m wondering if the store will even be open next week.

That sounds rough man, sorry to hear that. I'm just drawing a total blank on everything going on right now. I've always been good at estimating things in my head, like how long things last or what could happen. This is moving so quick day to day I can't keep up. 

A week or two ago the big news was "Do you think E3 is going to happen??". 

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

All of my grandparents grew up dirt poor, all were born before WWII, and I've heard plenty of stories about what they did to get by, but I've never heard of that.

My grandfather lived in Indiana and he had a corn cob in the bathroom as a joke so I immediately understood that tweet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

NV increased their business restrictions today and go into affect tonight at midnight.  It's essentially shelter in place without being called shelter in place. 

A lot of nonessential businesses in Nevada didn't close yet because they considered it a suggestion instead of an order. He is now ordering those businesses to close. 

5 hours ago, Nokra said:

I'm having a hard time imagining how corncobs would be effective.

If they're wet, you're putting slimy cornwater on your cornhole. :sick: 

If they're dry, you're scraping your cornhole up something fierce. :nervous:

Lord have mercy. 

wait is this why they call it a “cornhole” never thought about it before....

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

With the Venetian canals wouldn't it just be that there aren't a ton of gondola operators stirring up the sediment with their oars?

Yeah.  It's really click-baty to claim that the drop in pollution is the reason why the canals are now clear.  

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm working on a story about this right now... these numbers are insane. 70,000 cases estimated by the end of next week in the US.

My hometown of Yakima WA has only one operational hospital, as the other one shut down last year from what I understand.  This hospital serves a metro region of about a quarter million people. The ICU at this lone hospital is going to get hit hard.  

Although a lot of attention will be played to the largest cities in America, many medium and small sized ones are going to get hit hard too, as much of the medical supplies will likely be routed to the large cities. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/homemade-solution-to-coronavirus-from-the-worst-camp-in-the-world-11961215

It was set up to bring supplies to the people living in the camp - when I visited Lesbos a couple of weeks ago, they were handing out shoes to new arrivals.

Now the group has turned its attention to making masks. Using a mixture of cotton and plastic, a group of 45 volunteers, using 32 sewing machines, are aiming to produce up to 2,000 masks per day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article241362616.html

Haiti has closed its two international airports in Port-au-Prince and Cap-Haïtien to all commercial flights, reversing an earlier decision that allowed flights from Cuba and the United States.

President Jovenel Moïse made the announcement late Thursday after declaring a countrywide state of emergency and confirming the country’s first two COVID-19 cases. Moïse said the confirmations were made by the country’s National Laboratory. He did not provide any details on the age of the patients, their travel histories or if the cases are community transmissions.

11 minutes ago, silentbob said:

So my workplace is now going to add an additional $2 to our hourly wage starting Monday for the next 4 weeks, up to 40 hours a week. 

Soon you'll be able to buy enough raw materials to make your own ventilator!

haha sorry I can't help myself

• Guillotine 1