~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

36 minutes ago, Joe said:

0cc3163d-b6f2-4441-a9f4-67a92b5c0009.jpe
SLATE.COM

This is not a forum that attempts to change minds. It’s much darker.

I'm generally of the opinion that ink spilled about a subreddit mocking antivax deaths could be much, much, better spent evangelizing vaccinations and calling out elected officials who are walking their constituents to the gallows. That subreddit is tacky, what Abbot and DeSantis are doing is legitimately terrible. I know it's not a direct connection, but still. It's not even the worst of the internet nor is it even close to being in the running.

17 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I'm generally of the opinion that ink spilled about a subreddit mocking antivax deaths could be much, much, better spent evangelizing vaccinations and calling out elected officials who are walking their constituents to the gallows. That subreddit is tacky, what Abbot and DeSantis are doing is legitimately terrible. I know it's not a direct connection, but still. It's not even the worst of the internet nor is it even close to being in the running.

I disagree. There is a large group of people who you can scream at them until you are blue in the face about vaccines but as long as "the libs" are telling them to get it they will reflexively do the opposite.

The only possible way to get through is for them to see the naked horror of what has happened to people who look, think and act just like them. 

17 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

It feels like the media is falling into the same bullshit about "the left shouldn't trigger the MAGA chuds into being terrible" brain rot.

16 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

better spent evangelizing vaccinations and calling out elected officials who are walking their constituents to the gallows 

they don't care. and now you're a monster for even advocating for the lives of others. I don't celebrate their deaths, but we are better off without them.

17 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I disagree. There is a large group of people who you can scream at them until you are blue in the face about vaccines but as long as "the libs" are telling them to get it they will reflexively do the opposite.

The only possible way to get through is for them to see the naked horror of what has happened to people who look, think and act just like them. 

I also hate in the article how it says there's something hypocritical about celebrating these deaths when you're supposed to be pro life or whatever.

As I was trying to say in my post yesterday we all want to get past this. And there are things we can do. In descending order of priority: Getting these people vaxxed will get us past this. But they don't want to get a shot. Then getting them tested frequently will help get us past this. But they don't want to do that. Having them isolate and mask up will help get us past this. But they don't want to do that either.

One thing we can do is hope they don't infect responsible people trying their best. Another thing we can do is hope that if they're going to infect somebody, please let it be somebody as irresponsible as they are.

And, like you are saying, maybe one way we can convince them to do the first and most important thing on my list is to show them the abject horror of the people who are doing the last thing we hope for.

Just now, mclumber1 said:

And the sheer amount goatees.  My goodness...

The sheer repetition of the pattern of death is quite remarkable. From the same shitty memes, to "this is no joke", to "prayer warriors", to "his lungs need to rest on the ventilator" to "he's looking good O2 is up!", "to he had a bad night", to "he gained his wings", to the gofundme.

Covid is almost like an assembly line of death. 

• True 1

I think I might have asked this here, but do you think people would have been more willing to get vaxxed or even take covid more seriously if Trump had died when he got infected?

Because him going out on the balcony, saying don’t be afraid, that it isn’t so bad sure as fuck didn’t help.

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I think I might have asked this here, but do you think people would have been more willing to get vaxxed or even take covid more seriously if Trump had died when he got infected?

Because him going out on the balcony, saying don’t be afraid, that it isn’t so bad sure as fuck didn’t help.

Yes, Trump dying right then and there would have saved a bunch of lives. Trump being old and overweight and surviving bolstered the thinking that COVID want nearly as bad as it could have been. With Trump not there, I doubt anyone in his family would have argued that he only died because he was old and overweight.

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Man, I would have bought some fireworks and champagne if that fucker would have kicked it. Him nearly dieing of covid was the only good thing to come out of covid, and him surviving is just another confirmation there is no God. But we're coming up on one year since he was infected!

Fucker would have kicked the chicken bucket if it weren't for the Regeneron.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

This guy has a long series of hilarious videos like this, but in regards to customer complaints at businesses. I think anybody who was worked a customer facing job can relate to them.

21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Not saying for this person specifically but its crazy how anti vaxxers own fear is projected on to everyone else. 

I was never in fear of COVID, I just took the precautions. Same with my seat belt, just because I wear it doesn't mean I'm scared. Wearing a mask is a logical precaution not a sign of fear. 

I really think other than "the libs are telling me therefore I won't" the other big reason why people don't mask up and get vaccinated is because its easy and comforting to pretend like everything is fine. Procrastination is done for the same reason. Its an avoidance strategy. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Not saying for this person specifically but its crazy how anti vaxxers own fear is projected on to everyone else. 

I was never in fear of COVID, I just took the precautions. Same with my seat belt, just because I wear it doesn't mean I'm scared. Wearing a mask is a logical precaution not a sign of fear. 

I really think other than "the libs are telling me therefore I won't" the other big reason why people don't mask up and get vaccinated is because its easy and comforting to pretend like everything is fine. Procrastination is done for the same reason. Its an avoidance strategy. 

Exactly!!! I'm not really afraid of this shit. Chances are I'll be fine. I'm trying to do the right thing. Like Jesus would actually do. 

I don't think anything will convince a lot of these people. They are just stubborn as hell and the harder you push the harder they dig in.

Facts and numbers and data don't work, because they don't believe anything they read or hear if it goes against what they already think.

All the numbers are made up, all of the information is false or exaggerated and all the reporters and scientists and doctors have an agenda and nothing can be trusted.

They are impenetrable. I don't root for their deaths or take please in their suffering... but I'm also running out of compassion.

When Trump was sick, I was honestly not rooting for his death... but in hindsight, I wish that fucker would have died. It would have probably really saved a lot of lives and ended this whole thing a lot faster.

• Like 2

I'm beyond frustrated that none of the architects of covid deaths will face any punishment or repercussions. There is blood on the hands of Trump, Abbott, DeSantis, Fucker Carlson, and so many other Republicans. They lie to the gullible, or restrict their citizens from the commonsense methods that we know, we fucking know, work. Yet, nothing will happen to them. They won't be punished, they won't go to jail, they won't lose an election, they won't even get seriously fucking sick (because they are all vaccinated and have top of the line healthcare that their supporters don't have [seriously, almost every single one of those HCA posts say they lack insurance, what a fucked up country]). I don't want regular people to die. No matter how racist, stupid, or gullible they are, they don't deserve death. Even though their actions can hurt the rest of us, they don't deserve to die. Their children don't deserve to grow up without a parent. And yet, the architects of death all deserve to choke on their own blood. I don't believe in an afterlife, nor do I believe that any reckoning is coming in this life, but if there is any justice in this world the Trump/Abbott/DeSantis/Carlson axis of evil bunch will die alone with no one to mourn them.

• True 2

35 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I'm beyond frustrated that none of the architects of covid deaths will face any punishment or repercussions. There is blood on the hands of Trump, Abbott, DeSantis, Fucker Carlson, and so many other Republicans. They lie to the gullible, or restrict their citizens from the commonsense methods that we know, we fucking know, work. Yet, nothing will happen to them. They won't be punished, they won't go to jail, they won't lose an election, they won't even get seriously fucking sick (because they are all vaccinated and have top of the line healthcare that their supporters don't have [seriously, almost every single one of those HCA posts say they lack insurance, what a fucked up country]). I don't want regular people to die. No matter how racist, stupid, or gullible they are, they don't deserve death. Even though their actions can hurt the rest of us, they don't deserve to die. Their children don't deserve to grow up without a parent. And yet, the architects of death all deserve to choke on their own blood. I don't believe in an afterlife, nor do I believe that any reckoning is coming in this life, but if there is any justice in this world the Trump/Abbott/DeSantis/Carlson axis of evil bunch will die alone with no one to mourn them.

This is the shit that gives me bloodlust personally. Let the people responsible for all these ignorant folks dying suffer the consequences of their evil.