~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Blame Facebook... I've had several relatives hit me with this this week. Facebook will definitely be a key contributor to the downfall of civilization. Why? Because the yout have largely abandoned the platform for the next big thing. Facebook is strictly for the 35 and up crowd... maybe older. And people in my mom's generation are even MORE gullible when bullshit is being shared with them from people they know.

There’s this one I keep seeing (in addition to the 5g BS) that claims governments only want us to practice social distancing because facial recognition cameras work better without crowds. :|

7 hours ago, SlipperySlope said:

I have the same problem. Did you hear they made coronavirus in a wuhan lab with the CIA????

A month ago I had 3 people on my Facebook post a pill bottle that said like "coronavirus vaccine for cows" or something like that. With comments like there's already been a vaccine for a long time! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Apparently, the family is censoring her cause of death.

Before:

EUyT-dOXsAA1Mps?format=jpg&name=medium

No longer there.

If you want compassion toward other humans, remember that this censorship kills, and her post kills. She didn't have a different opinion; she was wrong and could have hurt other people with her "wake up" idiocy. She likely did hurt others by exposing herself to them or by influencing them.

Let's have compassion by going after the misinformation if you want fewer people to die; posts and wrong-headed views like this are significantly less compassionate than thinking she was a health risk to others. Right-wing news dying would save many lives as well.

It's just a thank you note now. They met their financial goal.

49 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That's pretty much the same argument the guy who disagreed with the early models made.  That Conservative Lawyer who initially said the US would top out at 500 deaths from this before revising it to 5000. The arrogance of these assholes shouldn't surprise me, but I guess it does. I think the fact that they are openly displaying it now in a time of crisis is what is really taking me aback.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

There’s this one I keep seeing (in addition to the 5g BS) that claims governments only want us to practice social distancing because facial recognition cameras work better without crowds. :|

I haven't heard this one but it makes PERFECT sense considering that the government just told everyone to wear masks :|

Also the thing that really gets me about conspiracy theorists is that they miss the obvious low hanging fruit... the amount of data that our cell phones give off that this crisis has revealed should REALLY be the thing that they should be concerned with

It just goes to show that for one thing, they really don't care about it understand the issues they claim to be paranoid about and two, they really are dumb ass fuck. And there's nothing worse than a dumb mother fucker with a strong opinion who does not realize that they are dumb. Those folks are dangerous. 

https://us.cnn.com/2020/04/05/politics/white-house-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-disagreement/index.html

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

Navarro had brought a stack of paperwork with him into the Situation Room on the drug, arguing it was proof that it could work to treat coronavirus, which Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, disagreed with because it was not data.

"What are you talking about?" Fauci asked -- a question that set Navarro off. He became indignant, and at one point, accused Fauci of opposing Trump's travel restrictions on China, which confused many in the room, given Fauci was one of the initial few to agree with Trump on the move, the source said.

A source close to the task force said Fauci is not backing off his belief that hydroxychloroquine is not a proven treatment for coronavirus. When CNN's Jeremy Diamond asked Fauci to comment on the matter Sunday night, Trump stepped in and didn't allow Fauci to answer. But a source said the doctor has already offered his opinion on the drug in other venues and would continue to do so.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix

What do they mean by temporary manner?  Do they plan on digging them up and moving them sometime in the future?  I'm not sure I like that idea.  Do the crematoriums have enough capacity right now?  It might be a better idea to cremate the COVID-19 victims, as morbid as it sounds. 

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also the thing that really gets me about conspiracy theorists is that they miss the obvious low hanging fruit... the amount if data that our cell phones give off that this crisis has revealed should REALLY be the thing that they should be concerned with

I remember reading an Economist article over ten years ago about how they stuck some people claiming EM sensitivity in an MRI machine and showed them various cellphones to see what happened...their brains lit up identically to a powered up cellphone to a cellphone with the battery pulled out.

Never mind that the MRI machine itself should have been causing their brains to light up if their claimed affliction was anything other than psychosomatic.

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

What do they mean by temporary manner?  Do they plan on digging them up and moving them sometime in the future?  I'm not sure I like that idea.  Do the crematoriums have enough capacity right now?  It might be a better idea to cremate the COVID-19 victims, as morbid as it sounds. 

Many people, for religious reasons, don't want to be cremated.