~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

There’s this one I keep seeing (in addition to the 5g BS) that claims governments only want us to practice social distancing because facial recognition cameras work better without crowds. :|

This is dumb. Facial rec tech is not stuck in the 90s. It will pick you out of a crowd no problem. It will also figure out a pose estimation and be able to predict a general direction you're heading. :skull: 

27 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

What do they mean by temporary manner?  Do they plan on digging them up and moving them sometime in the future?  I'm not sure I like that idea.  Do the crematoriums have enough capacity right now?  It might be a better idea to cremate the COVID-19 victims, as morbid as it sounds. 

spacer.png
A bit of a Dr Who reference for you ;) 

48 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Jim is actually a huge bully and an asshole if you think about it.  That doesn't excuse Dwight being a douchebag most of the time, however.  

47 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Dwight probably has a personality disorder. Jim is just a bully.

Jim is the Scranton Strangler. All those knowing, shit-eating grins he gives at the camera. You know it's him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I haven't heard this one but it makes PERFECT sense considering that the government just told everyone to wear masks:|

Also the thing that really gets me about conspiracy theorists is that they miss the obvious low hanging fruit... the amount if data that our cell phones give off that this crisis has revealed should REALLY be the thing that they should be concerned with

It just goes to show that for one thing, they really don't care about it understand the issues they claim to be paranoid about and two, they really are dumb ass fuck. And there's nothing worse than a dumb mother fucker with a strong opinion who does not realize that they are dumb. Those folks are dangerous. 

I’m putting the image about the facial recognition in spoilers only because I worry it’ll give someone an aneurysm. Sadly, it’s not satirical.

Spoiler

520-CDBE4-6-AEB-458-B-AE7-C-339-CE6452-F 

Oh, another conspiracy theory i’ve seen being passed around by these fucktards is that a vaccine already exists and is being withheld to create a panic, then, BOOM, forced vaccinations! :|:|:|

51 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Jim is actually a huge bully and an asshole if you think about it.  That doesn't excuse Dwight being a douchebag most of the time, however.  

50 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Dwight probably has a personality disorder. Jim is just a bully.

That's one way to look at at and given that Jim was probably a stand in for Ricky Gervais who created the show, it's probably accurate. At the same time there are people like Dwight out there who just bring the asshole in you out because they are just so ridiculous. And unlike other social situations, you're STUCK with these people in a work environment so that frustration will manifest it as aggression against those people when you can't do anything else about it. I can right a whole dissertation on the psychology of The Office :p

24 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

True.  But I'm sure many of these families would object to having their loved ones buried in a mass grave and without a proper funeral too.  

Yeah, definately, but as crazy as it sounds it may fulfill thier wishes better to bury them and dig them back up rather than cremate them.

Not being religious, I don't really "get it" but I have relatives absolutely terrified of the idea of cremation. My family on my father's side is still pissed at me and my mom for having him cremated. There are passages in the Bible that support the idea that God will literally just revive your dead body for the second coming. Fear of cremation is that it will consign you to Hell or oblivion when God goes to do that and there is no body at all remaining(never really made sense to me, the ruler of the universe can't jist give you a new body?).

So if you believe that, even temporary burial would be preferable to cremation, I would think.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m putting the image about the facial recognition in spoilers only because I worry it’ll give someone an aneurysm. Sadly, it’s not satirical.

Hide contents

520-CDBE4-6-AEB-458-B-AE7-C-339-CE6452-F 

Oh, another conspiracy theory i’ve seen being passed around by these fucktards is that a vaccine already exists and is being withheld to create a panic, then, BOOM, forced vaccinations! :|:|:|

FUCK.

THESE.

PEOPLE.

I posted this article in another thread and a few people read it, but I'm reposting it again for folks so they can see that they are not alone in this increasingly irrational world. I happen to be stuck with my family during the Quarantine and the amount of misinformation that these otherwise intelligent and grounded people that raised me are receiving is shocking and disappointing. Old people were not meant to be on social media. Hell YOUNG people shouldn't be one it. I'm glad (and sad) to see I'm not the only one dealing with this shit.

6 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

When asked if Modly's personal attack on Crozier was appropriate, a senior defense official said Monday, "I don't know what to say."

Modly's use of the word "betrayal" is a loaded because saying an officer has betrayed the Navy is a court martial offense.

A defense official familiar with Modly's remarks offered his opinion of Modly's address, saying the acting secretary "should be fired. I don't know how he survives this day."

Several senior military officials, including the Chief of Naval Operations, Adm. Mike Gilday, recommended against Modly's decision to fire Crozier before an investigation into the matter was complete and in the midst of an evacuation, two US officials tell CNN.

5 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

"If he didn't think, in my opinion, that this information wasn't going to get out to the public, in this day and information age that we live in, then he was either A, too naïve or too stupid to be a commanding officer of a ship like this," Modly said. "The alternative is that he did this on purpose."

So does that mean that since Modly's comments got leaked, Modly is also stupid? :thinking:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Despite the US agreeing to reverse the order on PPE being withheld, they have stopped shipments at the border. Like, I don't think Trump knows how serious this will get if Canada and the US' relationship is overturned.

I don't cross international borders very often, but does the US stop vehicles that are leaving the US normally?  It makes sense that Canada would stop and question/inspect vehicles as they cross into their country and vice versa.  

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Despite the US agreeing to reverse the order on PPE being withheld, they have stopped shipments at the border. Like, I don't think Trump knows how serious this will get if Canada and the US' relationship is overturned.

Canada has the only mill that makes the paper pulp necessary to make the masks so it's a truly big-brained move to block shipments of the masks to Canada.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Is Kyle's mom one of Trump's advisers now?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Canada has the only mill that makes the paper pulp necessary to make the masks so it's a truly big-brained move to block shipments of the masks to Canada.

As discussed before, Canada also supplies all of the radioactive isotopes used to treat cancer in the US. Trump is truly a moron.

Just now, Jason said:

I bet this is what happend:  

1.  Trump declared the DPA against 3M, and says all masks made by 3M will not be exported.

2.  Deputy PM and VP talk and agree this is a bad idea, and VP promises 3M will continue to export to Canada.

3. Trump finds out that Pence did this, and institute even harsher restrictions on goods going to Canada.

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

We're the Ned Flanders and Trump is Homer, basically.

United States foriegn policy....

j3CxBf.gif

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Sounds like the NBA is organizing work-from-home for NBA players in the form of a H-O-R-S-E competition, to be televised/streamed. Sounds like fun!

Aaaaaand Stephen Curry already won. Hasn't even started yet and he already won.

• Haha 1