~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

"Former Vice President Joe Biden said yesterday that my acts were criminal, I assure you that it was not. I understand the facts. The facts show your captain was wrong."

I don't know enough about the military to say one way or another, but that type of comment doesn't seem normal?

Modly also chastised the Theodore Roosevelt’s crew for cheering Crozier when he left the ship, claiming the former commanding officer’s memo caused concern among residents of Guam, where the ship is currently docked.

“So think about that when you cheer the man of the ship who exposed you to that,” Moldy said. “I understand you love the guy. It's good that you love him. But you're not required to love him.”

"Crew of the Teddy Roosevelt, you are under no obligation to love your leadership, only respect it," he continued. "You are under no obligation to like your job, only to do it. You are under no obligation, you are under no obligation to expect anything from your leaders other than they will treat you fairly and put the mission of the ship first."

Wow.

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

"Former Vice President Joe Biden said yesterday that my acts were criminal, I assure you that it was not. I understand the facts. The facts show your captain was wrong."

I don't know enough about the military to say one way or another, but that type of comment doesn't seem normal?

I spent 10 years in the Navy during the highly politicized Afghanistan and Iraq wars.  My captains and those above them never made comments like this.  It's crazy. 

The craziest thing I ever heard over the 1MC (The ship's PA system) was our Captain threatening to keelhaul whoever was causing false man-overboard emergencies at 2 am several nights in a row. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

This carrier crew should fucking mutiny. All good revolutions need to begin with a naval vessel going rogue. 

Eh, I still think that's a bit too far.

If I were a member of that crew, I would encourage everyone who was in the pipeline to reenlist (or thinking about reenlisting) to cancel their requests.  That would send a powerful message without further endangering the current (albeit hampered) capabilities of the ship. 

37 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I spent 10 years in the Navy during the highly politicized Afghanistan and Iraq wars.  My captains and those above them never made comments like this.  It's crazy. 

The craziest thing I ever heard over the 1MC (The ship's PA system) was our Captain threatening to keelhaul whoever was causing false man-overboard emergencies at 2 am several nights in a row. 

Nimitz?

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Despite the US agreeing to reverse the order on PPE being withheld, they have stopped shipments at the border. Like, I don't think Trump knows how serious this will get if Canada and the US' relationship is overturned.

I think the latest update is they were released. The shipment did not include the full 3 million order but only 500k.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

I don't cross international borders very often, but does the US stop vehicles that are leaving the US normally?  It makes sense that Canada would stop and question/inspect vehicles as they cross into their country and vice versa.  

Both countries tend to deal with arrival and not departing at the border crossings. This is not a case of that. This is a case of denying a truck with an export shipment from leaving the US as they are processed separately. You would experience a similar thing if you were bringing sales goods on a flight, you have to first go be processed for export by customs before you can put the items on the flight (we had to deal with this for prototype hardware brought to a trade show).

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Man when American Dad was on point. One of it's better episodes.

3 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

That incident is in the PBS Documentary. 

Yeah.  It was interesting having that documentary crew on board.  I think they had their equipment stolen by ship's crew several times.  I still haven't watched the entire documentary.  Why?  Because I lived it.  :cool:

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

As discussed before, Canada also supplies all of the radioactive isotopes used to treat cancer in the US. Trump is truly a moron.

There are far bigger things than that, that canada supplies the USA that it could cut. Like power to the North East for one.

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/science-data/data-analysis/energy-data-analysis/energy-facts/electricity-facts/20068

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I hope Vancouver and Toronto order that Trump's properties be used as hospitals or something.

Toronto property dropped the Trump name ages ago and it was brought on by owners in the building worried his name would diminish its value.

:duckhuntdog:

Besides Jim pranking Dwight constantly he doesn’t really do anything else where I’d consider him an asshole. He works with irritating people and it’s a comedy. The only thing I can really think of that is asshole behavior is him doing shit without talking to Pam first. He’s lazy at his job but he worked hard when he began to work at the athlete thing so it’s not like he’s a straight up lazy person. He kinda led Karen on but I think Jim was in a weird spot with what he wanted in life. Everybody on that show has faults. 

Just now, johnny said:

Besides Jim pranking Dwight constantly he doesn’t really do anything else where I’d consider him an asshole. He works with irritating people and it’s a comedy. The only thing I can really think of that is asshole behavior is him doing shit without talking to Pam first. He’s lazy at his job but he worked hard when he began to work at the athlete thing so it’s not like he’s a straight up lazy person. He kinda led Karen on but I think Jim was in a weird spot with what he wanted in life. Everybody on that show has faults. 

Dude is a legit ‘nice guy’ for the better part of 2-3 seasons, and when it becomes clear he won’t get to fuck Pam, he outright transfers to a new job. That’s kind of being an asshole!

16 minutes ago, johnny said:

I've said it before, and I stand by it; Jim constantly pranking Dwight is akin to him taking the short bus to school every day so he can be the smartest kid on the ride. I get that it's a comedy so I don't mean to suggest this is "serious business" or anything. Any given episode is fine, but when you're watching the show as a whole, he's relentless with his bullshit. It's one of the many things about the show that doesn't hold up when it's almost a decade long as opposed to the 3 seasons of the BBC version.

23 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Dude is a legit ‘nice guy’ for the better part of 2-3 seasons, and when it becomes clear he won’t get to fuck Pam, he outright transfers to a new job. That’s kind of being an asshole!

uh why? He was under no obligation to stay there and it was more than "just wanting to fuck Pam." He moved on... or was at least trying to. That doesn't make him an asshole. That makes him an adult.

12 minutes ago, Jose said:

I just think it's strange that a week ago the whole world including Canadians were mocking the USA for not having enough PPE. Not laughing anymore, eh fuckers?

I think the issue is that other countries secured supply chains in advance (in addition to their short-term stockpiles). So Canada placed orders with 3M a while ago, and 3M has been working on those orders, and is now shipping. The US, on the other hand (federally), didn't place orders until the last few weeks, and is being told they have to wait. So, instead of waiting, they are effectively acting like pirates and are stealing already-paid-for shipments bound for other countries. So no, no one is laughing, because it turns out that in a crisis other allies can't rely on the United States. This will be instructive moving forward, and will result in a further deterioration of American soft power.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think the issue is that other countries secured supply chains in advance (in addition to their short-term stockpiles). So Canada placed orders with 3M a while ago, and 3M has been working on those orders, and is now shipping. The US, on the other hand (federally), didn't place orders until the last few weeks, and is being told they have to wait. So, instead of waiting, they are effectively acting like pirates and are stealing already-paid-for shipments bound for other countries. So no, no one is laughing, because it turns out that in a crisis other allies can't rely on the United States. This will be instructive moving forward, and will result in a further deterioration of American soft power.

I get all that and obviously Trump sucks, but the US still has the right to do what they are doing. Mock the country if you will but do not be mad when it actually exercises its power.

• Guillotine 1

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

I get all that and obviously Trump sucks, but the US still has the right to do what they are doing. Mock the country if you will but do not be mad when it actually exercises its power.

I think I have the right to be mad. If Trump had exercised the DPA's power in Jan/Feb, the US would already have additional sources of PPE online, and there wouldn't be as bad a shortage as there already is. This is entirely the fault of the US, and it is not simply exercising its rights. It was negligent in its duty to its own citizens, and now is attempting to pass the penalties of that failure on others. Imagine if, in the lead up to WWII, the US had not begun mobilization, and instead, upon being attacked, confiscated military gear back from the UK, France, Russia, etc.

This total lack of failure to prepare is going to hurt the US manufacturing industry greatly (as places like Canada will likely invest in local production at the expensive of US companies), and will hurt US soft power greatly. The latter will be true as the US has not only attempted to prevent American companies from shipping out of the US, but has actively attempted to buy out international supplies overseas, as well.

So yeah, I think I have the right to be mad at the US once again being a totally unprepared nation, and for proving it should not be included in the A tier of western developed nations. The US as a nation is fractured and failing, and it's now affecting other nations, which will likely act accordingly to work around it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am being sent for testing. My spouse has had a cough for a few days, last night developed a bit of tightness in her chest, and this morning lost her sense of smell. We are being ordered to quarantine in our home for 14 days, and will be contacted by the government soon for testing. We've been advised that when we go for testing, it will be a very short window, as they are having people go in and out of the testing site one by one, and decontaminating in between.

• Sad 9

32 minutes ago, Jose said:

You've already corrected but it's not even remotely the same fucking thing. This is like you saying you're glad you got in an order for supplies & food from amazon a week ago, I all of a sudden today realise I did not prepare enough and used my connections to get your orders canceled and slot my order in instead. I'm sure you would love that. :|

Trump was also forcing 3M to not fulfill orders already made that were being manufactured outside the US to not ship to anybody but the US. So I'm sure you would also find it great if china exercised their power and didn't let 3M export anything manufactured in china to the USA. 

:badass:

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I am being sent for testing. My spouse has had a cough for a few days, last night developed a bit of tightness in her chest, and this morning lost her sense of smell. We are being ordered to quarantine in our home for 14 days, and will be contacted by the government soon for testing. We've been advised that when we go for testing, it will be a very short window, as they are having people go in and out of the testing site one by one, and decontaminating in between.

Be safe man. Let us know if you need anything or need any help!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chakoo said:

You've already corrected but it's not even remotely the same fucking thing. This is like you saying you're glad you got in an order for supplies & food from amazon a week ago, I all of a sudden today realise I did not prepare enough and used my connections to get your orders canceled and slot my order in instead. I'm sure you would love that. :|

Trump was also forcing 3M to not fulfill orders already made that were being manufactured outside the US to not ship to anybody but the US. So I'm sure you would also find it great if china exercised their power and didn't let 3M export anything manufactured in china (where a lot currently is) to the USA. 

:badass:

I live in the county in NJ that has more cases than many countries, so I am being a tad (read: very) irrational atm. Sorry.

• Like 1

Just now, Jose said:

I live in the county in NJ that has more cases than many countries, so I am being a tad (read: very) irrational atm. Sorry.

:hug: Sorry for the harsh response back. We're all in this together regardless of what country we are in. 

• Like 1