~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

He's just ignoring CDC recommendations? That is bizarre.

He was already ignoring the CDC recommendations to some extent. When the CDC said to open it up to 65+ and 16-64 with health risks, he only opened it up to 65+. If I lived in NY I would have been eligible two weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He was already ignoring the CDC recommendations to some extent. When the CDC said to open it up to 65+ and 16-64 with health risks, he only opened it up to 65+. If I lived in NY I would have been eligible two weeks ago.

Yeah, PA just opened up to 16-64 with health risks on Tuesday, I think.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ah that's why you've taken a break with the Cuomo posts :p

That sucks, though. Hope they change their minds on this as it doesn't make much sense.

14 minutes ago, Joe said:

Ah that's why you've taken a break with the Cuomo posts :p

That sucks, though. Hope they change their minds on this as it doesn't make much sense.

The worst part is the complete lack of transparency and constant major shifts on when I'm going to be eligible. And not just me, as part of this he's letting restaurants reopen while shoving young healthy restaurant workers to the back of the line. WTF?

Rescinding the stay at home is probably because of he's afraid of the recall effort, I wonder if moving it to age-based is about that and the fact that older people are likelier to vote.

42 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So who all here has gotten the vaccine at this point? Just a couple of us?

My daughter and wife have both gotten it, I have not. I often work in very high risk areas in multiple locations sometimes even the same day but my state says I am only eligible in the 3rd phase.

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, my husband has no idea when he’ll be able to get it. He wants it so we can maybe start getting back out a bit. He’s sick of always being at home. 

I'm extremely grateful that I’m vaccinated now. 

I qualify as 1c because of my colitis and the meds I'm on for it. I'm overdue for a colonoscopy that I'm not comfortable doing until I'm vaccinated given how high the numbers are here. So now on top of everything else I get to stress about how big of a risk I'm taking on delaying the necessary medical maintenance for the thing that qualifies me as 1c in the first place.

But if I lived in Texas I could make an appointment right now by claiming I'm a smoker. :/ 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

NC did the same thing, high risk went from 1b to 4.

NC is also taking vaccines from hospitals and local health departments in favor of mass clinics, forcing them to cancel appointments. 

8 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I think the main reason why people with health risks are getting screwed is because scummy people are trying to cheat the system. It is much harder to fake your age.

I'm pretty sure the percentage of people jumping the line is relatively low. This is only an issue because they seem to think that making sure absolutely nobody cuts the line is more important than getting needles into people's arms.

4 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I think the main reason why people with health risks are getting screwed is because scummy people are trying to cheat the system. It is much harder to fake your age.

Sure, but there is no such thing as a wasted vaccine. Few cheaters is worth it. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I qualify as 1c because of my colitis and the meds I'm on for it. I'm overdue for a colonoscopy that I'm not comfortable doing until I'm vaccinated given how high the numbers are here. So now on top of everything else I get to stress about how big of a risk I'm taking on delaying the necessary medical maintenance for the thing that qualifies me as 1c in the first place.

But if I lived in Texas I could make an appointment right now by claiming I'm a smoker. :/ 

Ironically it seems the states with fewer pandemic restrictions are getting more vaccine delivered to people. 

36 minutes ago, Joe said:

Talking about UK and SA. That would be cool as shit, though!

The trial is 2/3 vaccine 1/3 placebo, so depending on how far back my eligibility is getting pushed participating could be better odds than sitting around waiting for that. And I've seen people who were in trials for the Pfizer and Moderna ones say they figured out they got the real thing and not the placebo based on the side effects they got after their doses.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The trial is 2/3 vaccine 1/3 placebo, so depending on how far back my eligibility is getting pushed participating could be better odds than sitting around waiting for that. And I've seen people who were in trials for the Pfizer and Moderna ones say they figured out they got the real thing and not the placebo based on the side effects they got after their doses.

You could also drop out of the trial should you become eligible. The latter part is ridiculous and I would not count on that.