~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Democrats Unveil Measure To Help Communities Impacted By Coronavirus

The House legislation, which was released shortly after 11 p.m. on Wednesday, provides short-term benefits including expanded unemployment reimbursement for states, additional funding for food security for low-income children and federally funded family and sick leave for people affected by the virus.

In addition to the paid leave programs, the legislation would provide $500 million for low-income women, mothers with young children and pregnant women who lose jobs due to the virus, $400 million for food banks and flexibility for state-run programs.

The bill also includes free coronavirus testing and a boost in Medicaid reimbursement to help states address testing and treatment needs. The White House position on the measure is unclear.

It's amazing that even a pandemic manages to be boiled down to an owning-the-libz fest in the States. The sheer amount of arrogant "fuck this shit lol I ain't doin' nothin'" I've run into in the last two days alone is staggering. 

My kickboxing/BJJ academy is posting conspiracy memes about the virus instead and getting the most likes on them I've seen on any of their posts ever, it's truly amazing. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You know if Tom Hanks got this in Australia, where it is summer, it kind of debunks the “virus getting killed by the heat” theory

It’s summer there but it’s not summer in America where he’s from. The virus doesn’t know it’s summer for Hanks. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A lady at work said she was going to Maryland this weekend. I told her an interesting time to go. I don't think she completely understood what was going on.

I'm planning to visit my brother on Saturday for my nephew's birthday.  I should be safe, right? :s

Studies show that the flu tends to be seasonal, not because of hot weather, but because people tend to spend more time outdoors, which has two benefits:

1) More sun --> less chance of vitamin D deficit --> people generally have stronger immune systems

2)  People tend to spend less time together indoors in confined spaces leading to increased opportunity to spread the disease between people

This doesn't mean the virus stops spreading, merely that it spreads less.

There is some evidence that the flu virus is directly impacted by ambient air temperature, but this may/may not carry over to Coronavirii.