~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Kings Island is starting to reopen this week. I'm a season pass holder, I live 20 minutes away, and they have a new giga coaster. I'm going to have to get there at least once, probably while it's still limited to season passes. My hope is that people will look at everything they're requiring (masks, reserved times, health questionnaire, temp check) and decide it's not worth the hassle. I don't care, I just need my coaster fix. 

7 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Kings Island is starting to reopen this week. I'm a season pass holder, I live 20 minutes away, and they have a new giga coaster. I'm going to have to get there at least once, probably while it's still limited to season passes. My hope is that people will look at everything they're requiring (masks, reserved times, health questionnaire, temp check) and decide it's not worth the hassle. I don't care, I just need my coaster fix. 

Kings island is one of the two best parts of Ohio, the other being cedar point. Damn I miss it

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yikes

Then, after reporting numerous charts and graphs almost daily for three months, the organization posted no updates until around 9 p.m. Saturday, sowing confusion about the hospitals’ ability to withstand a massive spike in cases that has followed Gov. Greg Abbott’s May decisions to lift restrictions intended to slow the virus.

When the charts reappeared, eight of the 17 original slides had been deleted — including any reference to hospital capacity or projections of future capacity. 

6 hours ago, johnny said:

Is this because of the medication? Because my dad was on oxy for about a week after his open heart surgery and he said that one night he completely forgot where he was and what was happening and the nurse said that’s not uncommon. 

Same thing happened to my grandfather after a knee replacement. He was also on oxy. My uncle and I gad to take turns sitting with him for a couple of nights because whatever world he was in was far more interesting than ours.

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

excuse me but WHAT THE FUCK

This isn’t uncommon, as the article lays out. Being hopped up on painkillers, physically and/or chemically restrained, incubated, isolated, unable to get good sleep, etc., all contribute to this. :(

I know my mom had the nightmares for a night or 2 when she had it. So did my cousin and her husband and they were only on Extra strength Tylenol when they occurred. Chris Cuomo talked about them when he did his show in isolation, and they were so bad that it made him chip a tooth. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yikes

FYI: they didn’t stop reporting data, they created a graphic with MORE information because people were not understanding the information being presented with the original gauge graphic.

For example, one of the CEOs mentioned that people were pointing to the maxing out the base capacity, but failing to note that the Med Center runs near full capacity almost year round. The same week last year the ICU beds were at 97% capacity.

This is due to their dynamic scaling practices which create a relatively small number of beds in the base configuration across the region with the ability to scale up quickly if need be.

Additionally they added an actual breakout of Covid vs no Covid patients in the beds, which 75% of ICU beds are currently taken up by no Covid patients.

The company’s chairman and chief executive, Daniel O’Day, broke down the pricing for remdesivir in a letter on Monday. Patients will require six vials, at $520 apiece, over five days. Gilead relied on U.S. health care system guidelines to make its calculation and said it expected government discounts. For other countries, the treatment will cost $2,340 per patient.

• Guillotine 2

27 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

None of this is a surprise. Since the very beginning, many of us here were complaining that one of the easiest and best forms of stimulus people and small businesses could use was full blown moratorium on rent and mortgage. This silly moratorium on evictions is just kicking the can down the road, only the longer it's put off, the worst of a monster it becomes. I'm sure households and small businesses that can't afford to pay their leases or mortgages can totally afford to pay 4 or 5 months worth in one go. That's totally not going to lead to millions losing their homes or place of business in the upcoming months as soon as those eviction moratoriums are lifted.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

None of this is a surprise. Since the very beginning, many of us here were complaining that one of the easiest and best forms of stimulus people and small businesses could use was full blown moratorium on rent and mortgage. This silly moratorium on evictions is just kicking the can down the road, only the longer it's put off, the worst of a monster it becomes. I'm sure households and small businesses that can't afford to pay their leases or mortgages can totally afford to pay 4 or 5 months worth in one go. That's totally not going to lead to millions losing their homes or place of business in the upcoming months as soon as those eviction moratoriums are lifted.

And when the payment comes due, you can bet that the largest corporations will somehow be exempted. Or, if they are landlords, they will be bailed out for the payments they didn't receive.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

And when the payment comes due, you can bet that the largest corporations will somehow be exempted.

I'm sure they'll get some sort of bailout to protect them from crashing mortgage as millions are evicted and there aren't enough people to buy up all the newly foreclosed homes.

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

This isn’t uncommon, as the article lays out. Being hopped up on painkillers, physically and/or chemically restrained, incubated, isolated, unable to get good sleep, etc., all contribute to this. :(

Yeah this doesn’t surprise me. I haven’t been sick in a while (knock on wood) but whenever I get sick with a high fever, I typically hallucinate.

I can only imagine that with a hospital setting, painkillers, machines and intubation.

Look at how Cuomo went to war with Byford because Byford was getting positive attention. That entire situation is just pure Trump, where Cuomo is too fucking stupid and vain to understand that Byford getting positive attention still reflects well back on on him for being the one who made the good hire.

NJ was supposed to allow indoor dining starting on Thursday, Gov. Murphy just suspended it indefinitely based on spikes from other states and less people (in NJ) adhering to social distancing and/or wearing masks since the phase 2 reopening began, stating “please remember that wearing a mask is not a political statement... the only statement wearing a mask should convey is that you’re intelligent”

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

NJ was supposed to allow indoor dining starting on Thursday, Gov. Murphy just suspended it indefinitely based on spikes from other states and less people (in NJ) adhering to social distancing and/or wearing masks since the phase 2 reopening began, stating “please remember that wearing a mask is not a political statement... the only statement wearing a mask should convey is that you’re intelligent”

All of this could be avoided if Moscow Mitch would just let the states get propped up by the feds. :/

Vaccine co-developed by Canada and China to enter human testing in Canada...and be deployed in China to their military: 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-vaccine-idUSKBN2400DZ

BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s military has received the greenlight to use a COVID-19 vaccine candidate developed by its research unit and CanSino Biologics (6185.HK) after clinical trials proved it was safe and showed some efficacy, the company said on Monday.

The Ad5-nCoV is one of China’s eight vaccine candidates approved for human trials at home and abroad for the respiratory disease caused by the new coronavirus. The shot also won approval for human testing in Canada.

China’s Central Military Commission approved the use of the vaccine by the military on June 25 for a period of one year, CanSino said in a filing. The vaccine candidate was developed jointly by CanSino and a research institute at the Academy of Military Science (AMS).

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I'd like to know more about how this came to be.

Was it a government procurement request from external vendors?  What did the RFP say?  Was it a competitive bidding process or was it a sole-source procurement?

Discretionary funds, I'm sure! 

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I'd like to know more about how this came to be.

Was it a government procurement request from external vendors?  What did the RFP say?  Was it a competitive bidding process or was it a sole-source procurement?

Cuomo is literally just a Democratic Trump who's slightly better at the whole politicking thing.

Look at how he handled Byford. It was pure Trumpian "oh my god, why is my good hire getting more attention than me?!" bullshit.