~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Sending PPE to China at that point was the right move 

Wrong moves: not ramping up production of PPE and needed medical equipment. 

What needs to be put through a kangaroo court with swift but just sentences for the offenders: the giving of supplies to friendly governor's while taking them from not so friendly governor's. If this were in Africa, the BBC would be writing a report on how his administration is helping supporters while withholding aid to the opposition

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Yeah that isn't something to go after them for. Canada's PM has been criticized for sending supplies when they needed them but now chinese organizations have been paying it forward by sending canada far more then they sent to china. China is in a far better state to wramp production back up than other nations.

1 minute ago, chakoo said:

Yeah that isn't something to go after them for. Canada's PM has been criticized for sending supplies when they needed them but now chinese organizations have been paying it forward by sending canada far more then they sent to china. China is in a far better state to wramp production back up than other nations.

It’s less about “giving supplies” and more the narrative of “omg this snuck up on us yesterday we didn’t know what was going on in China”.

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It’s less about “giving supplies” and more the narrative of “omg this snuck up on us yesterday we didn’t know what was going on in China”.

That's not even it really. It's more they are dragging their feet as that is aid from organizations that the US is helping to ship over. There is a high chance that stuff has been sitting around for months.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

And yet there are still states without strict lockdowns in place. "We won't become China!"

There are no states with strict lockdowns.

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

And yet there are still states without strict lockdowns in place. "We won't become China!"

I would love to know how many people in some of these states think they legitimately can't contract the virus because it's the China virus and they're white.....

Potential PPE Sanitation

Battelle for decades has developed technology used by the military to protect against biological and chemical hazards. It said the new mask-cleaning technology builds off research conducted for the FDA in 2015 that assessed the feasibility of cleaning N95 respirator masks in the event of a PPE shortage resulting from a pandemic.

9 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

It's going to make us wish we had the Soviet leadership from Chernobyl in comparison.

They look like damn near masters of the universe compared to the boundless stupidity and cruelty that exists in the federal government of the United States, and many state governments as well.

11 minutes ago, Iculus said:

I just received a letter from my employer that states that I have an essential job. I'm supposed to keep it in my car just in case I get pulled over. What a time to be alive.

The CEO of our company has revised the same letter like 3 or 4 times over the week saying, "you are essential, go to work!"

But not if the place you're patrolling has nothing to patrol anymore. Lulz.

Oh yeah I got one of those "I am essential" letters I can keep in my car too. Printer is out of ink though but I don't think I'll get pulled over anyhow!

13 minutes ago, Iculus said:

I just received a letter from my employer that states that I have an essential job. I'm supposed to keep it in my car just in case I get pulled over. What a time to be alive.

Ditto, even though I work from home I printed out the letter because YOLO right?

32 minutes ago, Iculus said:

Yeah I got that letter two weeks ago.

23 minutes ago, Iculus said:

Sure, but I work at Target...

I'm working at ABC NEWS and I'd argue that your job is more essential than mine at this point.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I got that letter two weeks ago.

I'm working at ABC NEWS and I'd argue that your job is more essential than mine at this point.

I guess. At this point I just feel like I'm putting my self at risk in order to entertain disaster tourists. We are Pamplona when the doors open. These people are desperate, and are actually shopping for need. After that though, it's just a bunch of bored assholes.