~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He means that Djokovic's dominance is largely due  to be being the beneficiary of playing in an era punctuated by the decline of both Federer and Nadal as well as a dearth of talent on the men's side of the sport.

I mean maybe that argument flies for Federer as he was in the tail end of his career when Joker won his first Slam (Federer still won four Slams after that though), but Nadal? He was in definitely in his prime when Djokovic entered his prime. Nadal also used to regularly beat prime Federer so I don’t see how prime Joker would not be on the same level as prime Federer.

Regardless, he’s on pace to win at least a few more Slams so this is going to eventually be a moot discussion. I hope I’m wrong because I intensely dislike him.

2 hours ago, Joe said:

I mean maybe that argument flies for Federer as he was in the tail end of his career when Joker won his first Slam (Federer still won four Slams after that though), but Nadal? He was in definitely in his prime when Djokovic entered his prime. Nadal also used to regularly beat prime Federer so I don’t see how prime Joker would not be on the same level as prime Federer.

Regardless, he’s on pace to win at least a few more Slams so this is going to eventually be a moot discussion. I hope I’m wrong because I intensely dislike him.

Wade got it right. I'm not saying he sucks or anything, he's obviously great. I just don't think he's going to be considered the greatest player ever, certainly not undisputed.

59 minutes ago, Jason said:
MDWRG5GFVJPZBHKJXJUCEH6FKQ.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Serbia's premier and Novak Djokovic's family on Sunday denounced as "scandalous" Australia's deportation of the tennis star for not being vaccinated against COVID-19, and...

Awwww...what's poor widdle Serbia gonna do about it?

It's not like there are any Australian archdukes for them to assassinate like the last time their nationalist feelings got hurt.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Awwww...what's poor widdle Serbia gonna do about it?

It's not like there are any Australian archdukes for them to assassinate like the last time their nationalist feelings got hurt.

Plus Novax lives in Monaco. 

21 minutes ago, 69los said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0115%2Fr962060_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Novak Djokovic could be barred from playing in the French Open as things stand now after the Sports Ministry said Monday there would be no exemption from France's new vaccine pass law.

It’s extremely funny how the same “follow OUR LAWS if you’re coming to MY COUNTRY” people getting very upset about this

• True 4

Study shows vaccine passports work in convincing people to get vaccinated:

vaccine-mandates-1.png
NATIONALPOST.COM

The Vax Divide: The mandates may not spur on die-hard vaccination opponents but there is a theory that they could provide 'a way out' for moderate anti-vaxxers

7 hours ago, Brick said:

Hmm my friend I mentioned before no longer follows me on Instagram. I would have to guess it was after I shared that Rolling Stone article about Joe Rogan. 

When ever I noticed people are no longer "friends" on social I wonder what was the tipping point for them lol.  

I cut back my social media follows to either family members I like but live far, or people who I see in real life at least once a month. And I dumped anybody that posts more than once a day, or posts about politics with any regularity.

It completely changed the pleasantness of social media for me.

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This is not yet fully reviewed or published, but could be some good news:

Once again, the focus on decreased infection risk obfuscated the fact that the vaccines are incredible at the things they were really meant for, which is avoiding the worst outcomes health wise, including lingering symptoms. What an achievement ❤️

On 1/16/2022 at 10:22 AM, Joe said:

Nadal beat his body up a lot quicker than Fed, so I didn't really consider Nadal in is prime when Djokovic finally learned how to serve.