Morbius - Teaser Trailer

Pikachu

13 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Morbius.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Box Office: 'Morbius' Eyes $40M Opening, Previews At $5.7M

I don’t mean I can’t find articles about the sales figures. I have direct access to Rentrak (which supplies the numbers in the article) and so I can see the exact ticket sales at 99% of the theaters in the country, so I looked at the Houston market and the numbers are so low I am bewildered by the total for the previews because they are so bad in the Houston DMA. Must be doing better on the coasts, but I didn’t bother checking any other regions

Maybe it's because I went in expecting it to be trash, but I honestly didn't think it was all that bad. Certainly no good, but what It really needed was 30-40 minutes to actually flesh out a story. Things happened way to fast with little to no explanation. That being said I still think it likely had more of a coherent story than Venom 2

On 4/1/2022 at 3:57 PM, sblfilms said:

I don’t mean I can’t find articles about the sales figures. I have direct access to Rentrak (which supplies the numbers in the article) and so I can see the exact ticket sales at 99% of the theaters in the country, so I looked at the Houston market and the numbers are so low I am bewildered by the total for the previews because they are so bad in the Houston DMA. Must be doing better on the coasts, but I didn’t bother checking any other regions

• Haha 2

$38 million domestic on a $75 million budget is a solid number for Sony, but I fully expect it to drop like 75% next week with Sonic and Ambulance opening and taking up most of the box office air, so the likely result is Morbius barely covers it’s costs at the global box office and has to hope to generate profits at home.

Unless it becomes huge in a big market like Venom did in China with that weird cutesy cartoon art they marketed Venom with. Then they'll greenlight a sequel and we'll have to endure complaining about another one of these shitty movies that we won't actually go see. 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

$38 million domestic on a $75 million budget is a solid number for Sony, but I fully expect it to drop like 75% next week with Sonic and Ambulance opening and taking up most of the box office air, so the likely result is Morbius barely covers it’s costs at the global box office and has to hope to generate profits at home.

I'm convinced they released. the movie solely as a way to show people the credits scenes

Morbius.jpg?w=1024
UPROXX.COM

We spoke to ‘Morbius’ director Daniel Espinosa who does his best to answer the numerous questions we had about the making of ’Morbius.’

In Morbius, Michael Keaton is in the trailers, but then in the movie he doesn't show up until the post credit. It does seem like some things were reworked. I'm wondering, after Spider-Man: No Way Home, did you have to change Michael Keaton's role in this to match up with the events of that movie? Is that what happened?
It was more that when Spider-Man came out, they said, "We know how this works and we have a visual concept of how to make this." But the idea of having different timelines was something that was, for me, introduced within the movie universe with Into the Spider-Verse. When we were talking about making the movie, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse had just come out and it was a huge success. I told the guys, I said, "This is super common among comic book readers."

Well, there are scenes of Michael Keaton in the trailer that aren't in the movie, so that's why I was wondering if some things had to be reworked to match with No Way Home?
Yeah. Exactly. The first thing that happened was that we had Michael Keaton because we were planning on doing this. But then when Spider-Man: No Way Home came out, it said, "This is how the visual effects are." And then the idea of having him just encountering him in that universe seemed too complicated, and then we put it in the end.

Okay, so you did have to cut some things to make it match up with No Way Home, is that accurate?
Yes, because we have to match… I didn't know how the transportation would look like in that.

Like the crack in the sky thing?
Yeah, exactly. That wasn't done, that didn't exist, so there were all these small things that had to be addressed. But I think that the concept of having different timelines were, I believe, came from Sony, not from Kevin Feige. It was Sony that initiated that idea. I think tha Miles Morales that you have in Spider-Verse, I would bet your life on that you would have Miles Morales from the Spider-Verse in the Marvel Cinematic Universe at some point.

The thing I wasn't clear on in the post credit scene is when Vulture says, "I think this is a Spider-Man's fault. We should team up and fight him," how does Morbius know who Spider-Man is? Also, the movie establishes that Morbius is a good man who got too ambitious and created this serum and some bad things happened. But at his heart, he's not a bad person. Why would Morbius be interested in teaming up with this criminal?
First of all, Vulture is not a criminal in that universe just yet.

That's fair. But why would Morbius be interested in what Vulture has to say in the first place?
Exactly. I think it's a meeting of those… because in this world, Spider-Man exists. In all the different Marvel timelines, you have a Spider-Man, it's a totem. In the Marvel Universe, what you say is that you have to have a Spider-Man in each universe for it to function. He's one of the fundamental beings. Now, that's how it is in the comic books.

Okay sure, but there's nothing in the movie that establishes that Morbius has any beef with Spider-Man whatsoever, though.
Oh, exactly. I think that's more one of those scenes that are made that when you have scenes before that in a movie comes along, that will explain that reposition.

25 minutes ago, Brick said:

That just sounds like a frustrating interview. 

Sounds like a frustrating way to make a movie. Good job, Sony 😂

53 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Sounds like a frustrating way to make a movie. Good job, Sony 😂

well we've seen how well Sony does with things when they're pretty much left to handle things on their own so you can't honestly be surprised. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a hell of a lot of input from the MCU side of things

9 minutes ago, Derek said:

Jared Leto needs to step away from this superhero universe. He's being weird and method acting for terrible movies.

And that just makes it weirder. 

I want a movie about Jared Leto method acting for these mediocre roles that really gets into his internal dialogue. 

37 minutes ago, stepee said:

I want a movie about Jared Leto method acting for these mediocre roles that really gets into his internal dialogue. 

It's 'late' and I'm not sure what this is, but I want to think that you want his version of Nick Cage's new movie 'Unbearble Weight of something Talent'.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Time for the @sblfilms explain yourself challenge. 

There is some sort of production bonus at 75 million North American box office, so they are trying to get that last 1.5ish million to get it. I believe they offered it to theaters for like 10% film rental 😂

43 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There is some sort of production bonus at 75 million North American box office, so they are trying to get that last 1.5ish million to get it. I believe they offered it to theaters for like 10% film rental 😂

The wonders of Hollywood accounting and deal-making!