Morbius - Teaser Trailer

Pikachu

One of Marvel’s most compelling and conflicted characters comes to the big screen as Oscar® winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero, Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder, and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. What at first appears to be a radical success soon reveals itself to be a remedy potentially worse than the disease. 

Man, Jared Leto must be kind of pissed. First he gets upset that a lot of his scenes as The Joker were cut in Suicide Squad, then he's upset that they don't ask him to do the movie "Joker" and both the movie, and Joaquin Phoenix go on to get nominated for Oscars. Plus the nominations come out the same day that the trailer for Morbius comes out; proving that Jared Leto sucks.

I mean, I get the Jared Leto hate in that he is genuinely pretentious, but he's also a world famous actor, model, and singer. He doesn't act often, he did Mr. Nobody in 2009 (which he was excellent in) and Dallas Buyers Club in 2013 (also excellent) and Blade Runner 2049 in 2017. I grant that Suicide Squad, The Outsider (where he plays a Yakuza thug), and Morbius seem like silly, stupid projects, I'll grant that, but this is also the guy who, for not acting a lot, saw good projects and got in them like Fight Club, The Thin Red Line, Requiem for a Dream, American Psycho, Panic Room, Prefontaine, Girl Interrupted, and Lord of War (as well as the aforementioned Mr. Nobody, Dallas Buyers Club, and Blade Runner 2049). 

Jared Leto is easy to hate on, but 30 Seconds to Mars has its fans and is world-renowned (his albums have gone platinum) and he has both an Oscar and a Golden Globe. Dude has earned his cred, though I also wish he was less . . . ridiculous. The dude is also 48 years old and looks amazing. 

• Like 1

The fuck!? Michael Keaton is at the end of the trailer. Is that supposed to be him as vulture or as just another guy? If that’s vulture, it makes no sense since this is in Sony’s marvel universe, separate from Marvel. If it isn’t vulture, what a weird way to end the trailer, with an actor that played the villain in their just bragged about homecoming.

Venom was garbage, but it was halfway fun garbage. Sony trying to build a separate universe feels desperate. 

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

The fuck!? Michael Keaton is at the end of the trailer. Is that supposed to be him as vulture or as just another guy? If that’s vulture, it makes no sense since this is in Sony’s marvel universe, separate from Marvel. If it isn’t vulture, what a weird way to end the trailer, with an actor that played the villain in their just bragged about homecoming.

Venom was garbage, but it was halfway fun garbage. Sony trying to build a separate universe feels desperate. 

Why does it make no sense? Vulture was in Homecoming, a Sony film.

26 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Why does it make no sense? Vulture was in Homecoming, a Sony film.

Homecoming took place in the MCU. Morbius takes place in Sony's Marvel Universe. They aren't the same universe.

Edit: Disney and Sony must have negotiated more cross overs between the two universes when they were discussing the future of Spider-Man.

22 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Homecoming took place in the MCU. Morbius takes place in Sony's Marvel Universe. They aren't the same universe.

Edit: Disney and Sony must have negotiated more cross overs between the two universes when they were discussing the future of Spider-Man.

I don't think they were ever intended to be separate universes. Disney/Marvel can say X and X movie aren't MCU canon (Venom) but that doesn't mean Sony doesn't still own all those characters and can do whatever they want with them.

11 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, I get the Jared Leto hate in that he is genuinely pretentious, but he's also a world famous actor, model, and singer. He doesn't act often, he did Mr. Nobody in 2009 (which he was excellent in) and Dallas Buyers Club in 2013 (also excellent) and Blade Runner 2049 in 2017. I grant that Suicide Squad, The Outsider (where he plays a Yakuza thug), and Morbius seem like silly, stupid projects, I'll grant that, but this is also the guy who, for not acting a lot, saw good projects and got in them like Fight Club, The Thin Red Line, Requiem for a Dream, American Psycho, Panic Room, Prefontaine, Girl Interrupted, and Lord of War (as well as the aforementioned Mr. Nobody, Dallas Buyers Club, and Blade Runner 2049). 

Jared Leto is easy to hate on, but 30 Seconds to Mars has its fans and is world-renowned (his albums have gone platinum) and he has both an Oscar and a Golden Globe. Dude has earned his cred, though I also wish he was less . . . ridiculous. The dude is also 48 years old and looks amazing. 

I think you're taking my pun a little too seriously lol

• Haha 1