Star Wars going to Disney was a big mistake

9 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Say what you want about the prequels, they at least added to the lore,

:doh: you mean like making a jedi's force ability dependent on the person's level of parasitic infestation? Yeah, that added to the lore and really enhanced my appreciation of the series. Lucas was never going to make another movie (and that is probably a good thing) Am I thrilled with what Disney has done with the property? Not a 100% by any stretch, it's been hit and miss at best but I am still glad to have new stuff coming out. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Lucas always viewed tv, books, games, and comics as being a separate Star Wars universe. The continuity known as “Legends” was never canon. 

One of the great things about Disney taking over is they have a group who’s job is to approve the content and ideas that creators plan to introduce in a new project. This means any new show, book, game, or comic approves by Lucas Film is canon. This has expanded the universe far MORE than Lucas ever did. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Lucas always viewed tv, books, games, and comics as being a separate Star Wars universe. The continuity known as “Legends” was never cannon. 

One of the great things about Disney taking over is they have a group who’s job is to approve the content and ideas that creators plan to introduce in a new project. This means any new show, book, game, or comic approves by Lucas Film is cannon. This has expanded the universe far MORE than Lucas ever did. 

1200px-Cannon,_Ch%C3%A2teau_du_Haut-Koen

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You forgot bringing in a whole new generation of fans who couldn't have cared less about Star Wars before... like your son and my niece. What morons.

Also don’t forgot how all they care about is the all mighty dollar. Shown by how they keep releasing Merch that spoils the movies just so they can make a few extra dollars for Christmas. Smh should have just kept the series locked up aside from fan fiction books. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Also don’t forgot how all they care about is the all mighty dollar. Shown by how they keep releasing Merch that spoils the movies just so they can make a few extra dollars for Christmas. Smh should have just kept the series locked up aside from fan fiction books. 

Yes... George Lucas NEVER cared about merchandising the property when he was in control of it. It's not like Star Wars hadn't been plastered on everything from toothbrushes to lettuce. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes... George Lucas NEVER cared about merchandising the property when he was in control of it. It's not like Star Wars hadn't been plastered on everything from toothbrushes to lettuce. 

Yeah, he never created characters, whole cloth, with the sole intention of having a new toy to sell.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, he never created characters, whole cloth, with the sole intention of having a new toy to sell.

Yeah I'm sure the thought of toys never crossed his mind when he created Teddy Bear soldiers or sweet red armored guards who do absolutely nothing.

But just for arguments sake.  What character do you think Disney has created in the SW universe whose sole purpose is to sell toys?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah, Disney sucks for turning the franchise around and starting to give us really good content. How dare they. 

I can quote the new movies with pleasure. There were some ROTS lines that I can quote ("I am the Senate" is damned good, the line itself and the delivery itself), but in the new movies, everything from, "That's not how the Force works!" to "You're nothing, but not to me," to "Every word of what you just said is wrong," has been gold.

• Shocked 1

The prequels have loads of quoteable shit, as seen by the memes.  

Unlimited Power

Hello there - General Kenobi

Now this is pod racing

I hate you

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?

A surprise to be sure but a welcome one

But not just the men but the women and the children too

I don't like sand. It's all coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

- and there are surely more 

Couldn't tell ya a single line from the 7 and 8. There is a lot of shouting tho. And it sticks out to me how much Finn shouts out in excitement. Well, TBF, I have only noticed that during my rewatch, and I have soured to the sequels so yeah

45 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah I'm sure the thought of toys never crossed his mind when he created Teddy Bear soldiers or sweet red armored guards who do absolutely nothing.

But just for arguments sake.  What character do you think Disney has created in the SW universe whose sole purpose is to sell toys?

I think your sarcasm detector was off here.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

The prequels have loads of quoteable shit, as seen by the memes.  

Unlimited Power

Hello there - General Kenobi

Now this is pod racing

I hate you

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?

A surprise to be sure but a welcome one

But not just the men but the women and the children too

I don't like sand. It's all coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

- and there are surely more 

Couldn't tell ya a single line from the 7 and 8. There is a lot of shouting tho. And it sticks out to me how much Finn shouts out in excitement. Well, TBF, I have only noticed that during my rewatch, and I have soured to the sequels so yeah

Memes quoting bad lines =/= quoting lines with pleasure, which was in my post lol. "I love you," "I know," and "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to," are lines people love. "I don't like sand," is a line people love to hate. 

• Thanks 1