The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

A lot of this stems from Snyder’s complete lack of interest in developing the human side of characters like Superman. Clark has to work at the Daily Planet because he does in the comics, but he has no real reason to. He has no education in the field and in BvS they establish that Metropolis and Gotham are sister cities... and Clark doesn’t know who Bruce Wayne is. But if Clark and Lois work for The Daily Planet then of course that’s what Luthor is going to attack even if it makes no sense. 

Superman and Lois is still good so far, and the attention they're paying to Clark struggling to juggle being a father, husband, and Superman is definitely part of what makes it work IMO.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Superman and Lois is still good so far, and the attention they're paying to Clark struggling to juggle being a father, husband, and Superman is definitely part of what makes it work IMO.

I really ,irked the first few episodes of Superman and Lois... the last one felt a bit too bloated and I hope that’s not the overall direction of the show.

I watched this in 2 sittings separated by several hours and was working on some masks so I wasn't exactly giving this my undivided attention. I don't remember anything really of JW's JL so I can't make any comparisons.

I also don't recall much of BvS so I do ponder what happened in Wonder Woman's life between WW84 and ZS's JL that made her wreck fools like that.

The song choices for emo Aquaman and hot dog Flash were as unintentionally hilarious as "Zack Snyder creative vision". That first hour and a half was laughably bad.

The Cyborg stuff was a nice addition.

The final battle seemed better than JW's version I guess. The last act held my attention the most. Didn't really care for either of the epilogues.

5/10

10/10 for @Kal-El814 though and his Green Lantern PEW PEW PEW comment. Days later, and I'm still laughing at that. What a wasted cameo.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I thought they were giving up on that. 

The existence of Joker and the fact Wonder Woman 1984 (Wonder Woman kept reiterating she disappeared for "100 years" yet pops up all over in 1984?) and the upcoming The Suicide Squad (soft reboot) and a present day modern The Batman film means they are just doing whatever since they all directly or indirectly contradict the previous DCEU. Unless they say some of these are in different/alternate universes.

Additionally, the theatrical cut of Justice League is the "canon" one since stuff in Aquaman goes by stuff said in that film rather than what's in ZSJL which contradicts stuff later in Aquaman. I think that's the case with Shazam as well. We'll see.

Because of the new DC media approach, it's ALL connected. All of the comics, all of the movies, all of the TV shows... everything takes place in continuity in the"Omniverse". It was the aftermath of the latest comics crossover. This way they can pretty much do what they want without worrying about being slaves to continuity.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Because of the new DC media approach, it's ALL connected. All of the comics, all of the movies, all of the TV shows... everything takes place in continuity in the"Omniverse". It was the aftermath of the latest comics crossover. This way they can pretty much do what they want without worrying about being slaves to continuity.

#BringBackTheTimm-verse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The Omniverse explained

iWc2gL6EeZeJHtuK5SB6pc-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

A field guide to the new post-Death Metal/Infinite Frontier DC Universe ... or should we say Omniverse

Honestly this looser approach is probably for the best. It’s presently driving me insane that everyone was seeing the literal devil everywhere in WandaVision but also seems to find it unbelievable that a black man would need and be unable to get a loan, so... whatever just let it all ride.

I didn't watch Justice League for the first time until about 3 months ago on HBO Max. I finally decided to give it a go late one night, knowing I would fall asleep but whatever. I remember watching the beginning scene with Batman on a rooftop chasing a guy and thinking how much CGI there was, and also how bad it looked. I thought I was watching some Justice League rip off movie. I'm used to the Marvel movies looking at least decent. So then I fell asleep. Missed the entire movie and woke up during the final bad guy showdown fight. In my tired state, I'm looking at the tv and I go into this confused fog. I start thinking "how did my PS5 turn on and how is Mortal Kombat 11 playing by itself". Then I see Aquaman and my brain starts coming back in to focus. That last fight scene looked ATROCIOUS to me.  The cgi was so extreme I thought I was watching a videogame. Like human people flying and flailing about around a green screen. 

A day or so later I watched the movie and thought it was alright. A fun ride but not something I'm going to rush and rewatch anytime soon.  All this hype of the Snyder Cut was lost on me. Is this movie worth my time? Does the cgi look any better? Maybe it's my TV or the HBO Max streaming quality, but I barely noticed Henry Cavill's mustache compared to the crazy cgi environments. 

• Haha 1

In case Zack Snyder’s Justice League was TOO COLORFUL for you, Zack Snyder’s Justice League: Justice is Grey is now available to stream.

Snyder’s heroes see things in black and white, in a black and white version of a movie, from a director who worships at the altar of an objectivist, being in a movie where justice is apparently grey... I’d like to report a murder, the victim is irony.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:49 AM, DarkStar189 said:

I didn't watch Justice League for the first time until about 3 months ago on HBO Max. I finally decided to give it a go late one night, knowing I would fall asleep but whatever. I remember watching the beginning scene with Batman on a rooftop chasing a guy and thinking how much CGI there was, and also how bad it looked. I thought I was watching some Justice League rip off movie. I'm used to the Marvel movies looking at least decent. So then I fell asleep. Missed the entire movie and woke up during the final bad guy showdown fight. In my tired state, I'm looking at the tv and I go into this confused fog. I start thinking "how did my PS5 turn on and how is Mortal Kombat 11 playing by itself". Then I see Aquaman and my brain starts coming back in to focus. That last fight scene looked ATROCIOUS to me.  The cgi was so extreme I thought I was watching a videogame. Like human people flying and flailing about around a green screen. 

A day or so later I watched the movie and thought it was alright. A fun ride but not something I'm going to rush and rewatch anytime soon.  All this hype of the Snyder Cut was lost on me. Is this movie worth my time? Does the cgi look any better? Maybe it's my TV or the HBO Max streaming quality, but I barely noticed Henry Cavill's mustache compared to the crazy cgi environments. 

Probably not worth the 4 hour run time, unless you just really have nothing better to do that day.

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I watched a random 10 minutes of Zack Snyder’s Justice League: Justice is Grey; This Time It’s Personal / It’s Just Been Revoked

I can confirm it looks bad.

Do you have an OLED? Because you can’t appreciate those deep blacks without one, so what’s the point?

Never seen the original so here is my stream of consciousness 

It hovers some where between ok to good. The run time wasn’t an issue for me as there was a lot to cram in. Pacing had some issues due to the way it was edited, to many jumps to short sections of stories that could have been combined or removed.

CGI was real bad in some sections.

Cyborg was easily the best parts of the film and I would totally watch solo Cyborg film. Ben still sucks as Batman.

A lot of folks don’t like ZS dark gritty version I don’t mind it. 6.5/10

4 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

It sucks that the storyline will never be finished. At this point they need to do a reboot. Maybe have the Flash movie reset the timeline to explain new versions of the characters?

They're not gonna bother with that. With DC'S new omniverse approach, EVERYTHING is canon. They're just gonna tells stories and not worry so much about continuity or reboots because with general audiences understanding multiversal concepts, they'll just explian the different versions of characters as being different dimensional counterparts.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They're not gonna bother with that. With DC'S new omniverse approach, EVERYTHING is canon. They're just gonna tells stories and not worry so much about continuity or reboots because with general audiences understanding multiversal concepts, they'll just explian the different versions of characters as being different dimensional counterparts.

That works i hope the Batman ends up being good. I wonder if they plan on adding Robin in sequels to that?