The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

For all those wishing this was a TV series, that was the original plan but because it would take reworking all the contracts (since it would then count as something different than a movie) and Snyder just wanted to make the damn thing he told WB/DC: look, let's just call it a long movie. So it was for legal reasons.

zack-snyders-justice-league-henry-cavill
COLLIDER.COM

In a new interview, Zack Snyder explains why his cut of 'Justice League' changed from a miniseries to a four-hour film.

PART VI: Return of the Kal

Clark is so dumb in these movies. Shame that the best material Cavill is given standing ramrod straight, shirtless, barely deigning to mingle with normal humans unless they’re his mom or girlfriend.

Wonder Woman knows a lot about cybernetics, machinery, and hacking in the movie more than I remembered. 

Weird editing again, Kansas, the Batcave, back to Kansas. This is a Frankenmovie to a ridiculous degree. Also what the hell didn’t anyone give Cavill a straight back hairline or a better piece? The back of his head looks fucking weird.

Superman Christ pose, smash cut to butt rock... just in case you’d forgotten whose movie you’ve been watching.

This last fight is pretty good, and better. Flash doing Flash things is pretty cool too!

EPILOGUE

Well that was completely unnecessary.

OVERALL

Man what a weird one.

I think Cyborg and Steppenwolf are both better off in this movie than the original cut. Cyborg is meaningfully better.

That said, Steppenwolf’s motivation is immediately kneecapped by  not one but TWO more important things showing up in this movie! Oh shit it’s Darkseid! Oh shit it’s the anti-life!! This movie didn’t need any of that I don’t think it’s made better by Darkseid standing on top of something he’d been looking for forever without realizing it and establishing a bigger bad in the same movie. You wanna tease Thanos in the Avengers? Fine. You wanna show Darkseid getting his ass whooped, then have Steppenwolf simp for him, then also have him be a bigger threat than Steppenwolf? Pick a fucking lane, it’s too much.

Aquaman and Batman aren’t too different here, aside from Aquaman continuing to be Snydered by having nothing but contempt for everyone around him unless they’re also gods. Superman here is peak Snyder, too. Christ posing, telling Steppenwolf he’s not impressed just for the flex. It’s not a good take on the character, but Snyder doesn’t understand Superman so that’s not surprising. Flash... I dunno. The Speed Force stuff was cool, but the slo mo with Iris was so creepy.

Wonder Woman... man fuck this. If he knew kids were watching, fucking Homelander wouldn’t murder terrorists like that, Jesus Christ. You wanna decapitate Steppenwolf, fine, he tried to destroy the planet, go nuts. But throwing normal dudes into walls so hard that their heads leave bloodstains on the walls is fucking absurd. And to have the schoolgirls look on, inspired, instead of horrified, is just ridiculous. She’s MUCH worse in this cut. MUCH. I like Preacher, I watch The Boys, I’ve read The Authority, I’ve got no problem with superhumans, even ostensibly good ones, being violent. This isn’t Superman v Zod. It’s pointless, it’s out of character, it’s bad. It’s Snyder, and it sucks shit.

The Martian Manhunter stuff is fucking dumb too. Lemme gaslight Lois Lane, NOT help in the fight against Steppenwolf, say hi to Batman, and then bounce. This movie is too long, get this out of here.

The editing is all over the place and the pacing is terrible. We have two LONG fights with the Amazons that add little to the overall plot. We’re introduced to Lois Lane and Victor two or three times and literal hours before they have anything to do. We get two Aquaman intros, two Flash intros. Cyborg says he can make Batman’s jet fly, then later everyone’s surprised that he did the thing he said he could and was going to do. Superman has a moment with Lois in the Kent house. Then outside the Kent house. Then outside the Kent house with Lois and Ma. Then a slow walk through his ship. Then a moment with Alfred. Then he poses in space. It’s too fucking much.

And because it’s Snyder, he contradicts himself all over the fucking place. Batman’s “mistake” in BvS was that if there was a small chance that Superman could go rogue, he needed to be taken out. His revelation in Justice League is that he was wrong and needs to atone for that mistake. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut we also see that if Lois dies, Superman punish fucks the earth. So... Batman was originally right? We get more Pa / Jor-El dialog about how humanity will be inspired by Superman and he will lead them to the stars... then the stinger is an earth that he scorched. Make up your fucking mind, Snyder, Jesus Christ.

So is the Snyder Cut good? I dunno. It’s 4 hours of scenes, some of which are surprisingly good, but I don’t think it’s a good 4 hour movie. Is this better than the original cut? There’s content here that’s better. But does that balance out Wonder Woman becoming a murderer, Flash becoming a creep, and the movie being twice as long? Maybe? It’s fine. It’s like... Thor or Captain Marvel good, but too fucking long, too badly edited, and then the epilogue kneecaps everything Batman and Superman learned. Out of all Snyder movies, this is the Snyderest.

Oh and the aspect ratio for a home release absolutely blows ass.

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

He’s tenderly touching a woman who can’t consent to being touched. There’s no other way to look at it.

He barely touches her hair while looking at her lovingly then grabs her by the shoulders to save her life and gently places on the ground. Come on!

1 minute ago, Joe said:

He barely touches her hair while looking at her lovingly then grabs her by the shoulders to save her life and gently places on the ground. Come on!

Don’t “barely touch” people incapable of giving consent, this isn’t difficult. :p Save her life, yes, of course, you don’t get to caress them.

Curious if others had a similar take. I just thought that was scene was dumb and unnecessary, but it didn’t come off creepy. I thought the hot dog was weird lol, but it was for the dogs. Yeah, just really fucking dumb tbh.

40 minutes ago, Joe said:

Curious if others had a similar take. I just thought that was scene was dumb and unnecessary, but it didn’t come off creepy. I thought the hot dog was weird lol, but it was for the dogs. Yeah, just really fucking dumb tbh.

In retrospect it's a little creepy, but my wife and I didn't even note it when we were watching it (we were way more irritated with that terrible truck driver, especially behaving that way driving in a city?). But I enjoyed Ezra Miller's Flash overall, I find him pretty funny but that's just me. The hot dog thing was random as hell, but I laughed a little when he brought it back to the dog place for the dogs. 

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

In retrospect it's a little creepy, but my wife and I didn't even note it when we were watching it (we were way more irritated with that terrible truck driver, especially behaving that way driving in a city?). But I enjoyed Ezra Miller's Flash overall, I find him pretty funny but that's just me. The hot dog thing was random as hell, but I laughed a little when he brought it back to the dog place for the dogs. 

I suppose you’re right. It didn’t make me think of him as a creep either way. Just annoying comic relief.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I suppose you’re right. It didn’t make me think of him as a creep either way. Just annoying comic relief.

It was just such a slight thing that played off more of a "being cute/admiring" thing than some destruction of consent. But, technically, yeah, I mean, it's touching without consent so . . . it's bad, but not like horrific or something.

6 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Wait what.

I'm not ever watching this, so I need this explained to me. 

Iris West (not named in the movie, LUL) is in a convertible and gets hit by a truck that also smashes a hot dog cart. Flash uses super speed to save her. While he’s moving at super speed and everything else around him is in slo mo, he tenderly caresses Iris’ hair after they exchanged doe eyes earlier. He’s also applying for a job as a dog walker, so while in super speed and saving Iris’ life, Barry also takes a hot dog that’s flying through the air near Iris’ face so he can use it as a treat for the dogs. Also because Snyder there’s music playing over all of this.

19 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

EwyOeDpVgAAYmtc?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

It’s REALLY silly.

The film was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would and I liked a ton of it, but that scene is definitely the biggest one that shows Snyder really needs someone by his side to be like "wtf no bro" at all times.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Kal’s take on the Flash scene is hilariously terrible. It was an absurdly stupid scene, but it wasn’t creepy.

It was incredibly creepy... I thought so as well. The Hot dog was just the phallic, subliminal icing on the cake. I was half expecting him to start gently rubbing the hot dog across her lips before he actually saved her :lol:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Brick said:

One thing I saw someone point out is the overuse of slo-mo diminishes the coolness of Flash's powers, because with everyone getting slo-mo shots, it's like everyone has super speed. 

In Diana's literal first scene she uses Flash powers.

27 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Jason Momoa is.... I wonder if there's a word for it.... Oh! I know!

A  ~s m o k e s h o w~

This is not debatable. He is 100% a smokeshow. Also so great to see a black person, two Jewish people, and a person of Islander and Native American ancestry all play prominent roles.