The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was always gonna watch it Decided to watch it first thing this morning and get it out of the way... I probably should have watched the Whedon cut first to have it fresh in my mind to compare.

Give me the live blog!

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was always gonna watch it Decided to watch it first thing this morning and get it out of the way... I probably should have watched the Whedon cut first to have it fresh in my mind to compare.

You’d likely be best watching it at night, it’s probably better than ambien.

About halfway through... break time. This movie is VERY slow moving to be honest. Kinda boring in a lot of parts. Several new sequences I've seen so far, two have been really good and one was just... weird. 

also Snyder has shit taste in music. Not feeling this score at ALL.

Also, I see why Ray Fisher was pissed :p 

Hearing that Cyborg has a lot more scenes in this cut, and the arguments Ray Fisher had with Whedon behind the scenes makes me think Whedon cut out his scenes out of spite. Mind you some of these new scenes were probably part of the reshoots Snyder made, but still. 

1 minute ago, Brick said:

Hearing that Cyborg has a lot more scenes in this cut, and the arguments Ray Fisher had with Whedon behind the scenes makes me think Whedon cut out his scenes out of spite. Mind you some of these new scenes were probably part of the reshoots Snyder made, but still. 

Most of the Cyborg stuff I've seen so far is good and definitely needed to be in the film. He's kind of a main character in this cut

Credits are rolling complete with an instrumental, piano version of Hallelujah :lol: Movie ends much better and stronger than Whedon's. Did a great job of setting up the DCU. While this movie is BETTER than Whedon's version for sure, it didn't need to be four hours long. Snyder makes up for it by ending strong though. The movie makes MUCH more sense narratively than the 2017 version... even the Knighmare sequence makes sense now. Don't be surprised if Snyder gets to do his sequel after all... I have more thoughts and critques, but I'll wait until we can discuss the film openly.

It definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it could be but fuck its long :p At least its broken up into parts which makes watching it almost like a TV series easier.

Edit: and this version of Hallelujuah ISN'T intrumental... it just started off that way:p

1 minute ago, Brick said:

So was it good overall? I mean I never saw the theatrical version, but given what I've heard it can't be hard to be better than that. 

It's better than that for sure but was it good? It wasn't BAD :p Still too damn long and was kind of boring in the middle but like I said, he finishes strong. 

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's better than that for sure but was it good? It wasn't BAD :p Still too damn long and was kind of boring in the middle but like I said, he finishes strong. 

Better question. Could this actually be good with a good editor?

Posting thoughts on Part 1 as I watched it.

The scream scene was kinda goofy and I have no memory of why Luthor would be in a puddle of goo right now? Wasn’t he in jail at the end of BvS?

Some of the CG does NOT look finished.

Does Bruce have any reason to be looking for Arthur this early in this cut of the movie? Without the bit about Luthor’s notes, it feels weird for Batman to be worried about a threat the movie hasn’t establishes he even knows about.

16 minutes into the show and we’re on our second, slo-mo song.

”The Daily Planet: Reporting on the Planet Daily” is hilarious.

Today I am learning that I cannot tell Isla Fisher and Amy Adams apart.

Been a while since I watched the original version of the movie, I cannot remember if there were bloodstains and stuff on the walls after Wonder Woman fought off the thugs in the bank. It’s wild that in her movies she goes out of her way to help and be friendly to kids but in Justice League she’s straight up killing dudes by braking their skulls open in front of them. Then she blows up part of the bank to kill a terrorist? In front of the kids? Who kind of love it? She did somewhat less damage than the bomb would have, but she could have easily NOT done that?

Steppenwolf definitely looks better, but man that armor is some 90’s Image comics looking stuff. I like it, it’s kind of a funny contrast ton the more modern looks to characters like Superman and Flash specifically.

Out of curiosity, are “normal” Amazons supposed to be superhuman in this universe? They do crazy acrobatic stuff and then one of them got pinned under a horse and it seems like someone could have just lifted the horse... but maybe they’re just super strong normies?

EDIT - just rewatched the bank scene from the original cut. No bloodstains after head impact with walls, Wonder Woman does not BLOW UP THE FUCKING BANK. That shit is Snyder at his worst. So far I like this version of the movie better than its original counterparts other than Wonder Woman fucking murdering a bunch of people in front of children, Jesus Christ.

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 1

Part II, CGI Boogaloo

Okay some of the green screen stuff here continues to be really bad. Diana looks like she’s walking around the set from Attack of the Clones, it’s not good.

So far the hero work done 1/4 of the way through this movie is Diana killing people in front of kids then unnecessarily destroying a building while raining debris onto the police and now Aquaman contemptfully saving a sailor then demanding that he’s paid in whiskey in exchange for his services, this after we’ve established how hard life is for these people and how they might not even make it without Aquaman’s help! Snyder’s contempt for civilian life in superhero movies is bottomless; civilians are supposed to be grateful they’re alive while standing in wreckage because the alternative was death, don’t expect Wonder Woman to check on the people outside, she’s got to tell a girl that she can be anything she wants to be when she grows up as she smiles, having just watched several men get bloodily beaten to death and one get blown to smithereens.

Now we have a slo mo Aquaman scene to “There is a Kingdom” by Nick Cave; more peak Snyder, but not the bad kind. :p If “Waiting for a Superman” by the Flaming Lips plays while Clark is resurrected at 1/4 speed, I will lose my shit. I do like the Big Elrond Energy from Willem Dafoe, though.

Steppenwolf having motivation is good, him turning into an errand boy is disappointing. It’s hard not to contrast him with Loki who was also an errand boy at the same point in his journey but was actually interesting, not just simping for daddy, and had an established relationship with some of the characters. He’s more fleshed out but no more interesting.

The flashback CGI is also not good.

Seeing a Green Lantern was rad, only using the ring to make a few beams is super, super lame.

The editing of this movie is already a mess. We’ve had more battlefield time with the Amazons than with Wonder Woman being on screen. We don’t learn why Batman is putting a team together until half an hour after he’s started. We’ve had a scene with Lois Lane just so we remember she’s a character? We haven’t seen her in 40 minutes. The Star Labs / Cyborg stuff seems like it was inserted into the movie with no regard for where it is nor how much time is spent with the character.

And I know this is Snyder’s thing so I don’t think he should ditch slo mo posing entirely, but this movie would already be a good 10 minutes shorter if some of it was cut and the pacing would be objectively better.

This movie so far feels less like it was sent to a chop shop and much more like someone bought a ground effect kit and Giovanna wheels for their Civic without doing anything to the engine.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I mean... I didn't know this was in 4:3 because I don't follow or care about these movies at all... but what a weird choice.

Zach Snyder really rubs me the wrong way. Every movie of his I've seen has elicited a very strong negative reaction from me.

I guess Watchmen was kinda okayish if you squint your brain... but still mostly just pissed me off just for existing at all.

I work with multiple DC Cinematic Universe (or whatever it's called) and/or Zach Snyder mega fans and I really just cannot wrap my head around it.