The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh and Leto's Joker deserves better.

Does he? Does he really? Seems no one liked him in Suicide Squad, and Leto himself seems to be an asshole (and that's not even getting into the weird sex cult thing he has going on with underage girls, allegedly). 

11 minutes ago, Brick said:

Does he? Does he really? Seems no one liked him in Suicide Squad, and Leto himself seems to be an asshole (and that's not even getting into the weird sex cult thing he has going on with underage girls, allegedly). 

yes he 100% did. And people mostly didn’t like him in SS because they hated the way he looked but I knocked it out of the park there too. His scene is utterly fantastic in the new cut. 

So I just finished watching it and I’d give it a solid 8/10 I really really liked it. 

It’s not without its faults obviously. The first 90 minutes are VERY long. I never got bored but the set up is the one part of the movie where I actively thought “I don’t think we really needed that”

There’s def some goofy Snyder stuff in there. I actually like the music he puts in his movies but I know a lot don’t. 

Cyborg’s story is 1000 times better and more fleshed out. He’s borderline the main character in this cut. 

I thought the set up to deciding to bring back Superman and actually bringing him back was way better. Due to the length he actually feels gone in this movie and his return works a lot better. In the Whedon cut it felt like he was just kind of on a break and they didn’t really miss him/need him. 

The ending was FANTASTIC. Snyder really stuck the landing. The final battle is great and all the nods to the DCEU are perfect. It really does an amazing job of setting up that universe. After the Whedon cut I was pretty over the EU idea. Just give me stand alone movies. But after watching the Snyder cut I 100% want them to green light the whole EU again. I’m invested now damnit haha. 

At the end of the day some will really like it, some won’t and some won’t even give it a chance because Snyder. But I think it’s really cool that a director was give the opportunity to go back and make his vision. I think with a great editor this easily could have been cut down into a legit GREAT film. But at the same time it’s really cool as a viewer to get to see a movie as the Director sees it. Even if that means sitting through a good chunk of bloat or silliness. It’s kind of a peak behind the curtain. And maybe it’ll make us appreciate that “Oscar for Editing in a Feature Film” award even more. @skillzdadirecta you do gods work lol

16 minutes ago, johnny said:

who is the leonidas looking guy that shoots lightning in the flashback? 

That was Zeus. The other guy in the helmet was Ares.

12 minutes ago, johnny said:

lmao at humans just putting the mother box in a small ass hole. i feel like that would be some shit we would do. 

My wife and I thought the exact same thing. :p 

12 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I didn’t see the credit but I assumed maybe Zeus? Artemis was def there. 

That was Ares with Zeus, you could even see David Thewlis' face CGed into the helmet (he was Ares in Wonder Woman). I didn't catch Artemis though (Goddess of the Hunt) but given they use her arrow to light the fire it makes sense for her to be there.

12 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

The ending was FANTASTIC. Snyder really stuck the landing. The final battle is great and all the nods to the DCEU are perfect. It really does an amazing job of setting up that universe. After the Whedon cut I was pretty over the EU idea. Just give me stand alone movies. But after watching the Snyder cut I 100% want them to green light the whole EU again. I’m invested now damnit haha. 

At the end of the day some will really like it, some won’t and some won’t even give it a chance because Snyder. But I think it’s really cool that a director was give the opportunity to go back and make his vision. I think with a great editor this easily could have been cut down into a legit GREAT film. But at the same time it’s really cool as a viewer to get to see a movie as the Director sees it. Even if that means sitting through a good chunk of bloat or silliness. It’s kind of a peak behind the curtain. And maybe it’ll make us appreciate that “Oscar for Editing in a Feature Film” award even more.

I felt pretty much the same as all of this on every level. I kind of want to see the DCEU again now when I didn't care at all before.

26 minutes ago, johnny said:

who is the leonidas looking guy that shoots lightning in the flashback? 

Zeus along with Artemis and Ares... I want to see THAT movie. The movie about the first Apocalyptian invasion. I was having a conversation with @Mercury33offline and as much as I liked that sequence, i think having Darkseid get his ass kicked was a mistake. It diminshes his menace and threat. He should have been saved for the end and shouldn;t have been at the head of that invasion.

1 minute ago, Mercury33 said:

Is the game based off the comic or they did a comic to flesh out the game? Should I read first or play the game first?

The comics lead into the games... they tell one long ass story. Brilliantly done. There's a series that leads into the first game and then several series that take place between the two games. Then there's one that takes place AFTER the second game. They even bring fucking HEMAN and the Masters of the Universe into it :p

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The comics lead into the games... they tell one long ass story. Brilliantly done. There's a series that leads into the first game and then several series that take place between the two games. Then there's one that takes place AFTER the second game. They even bring fucking HEMAN and the Masters of the Universe into it :p

He Man????? Mother FUCKING SOLD

1 hour ago, Joe said:

So bad lol. Flash in general was awful in the movie, which is a shame.

Maybe it's for the best that they didn't use Grant Gustin if it was as bad as you're all saying, dude didn't need to be saddled with this on his resume. :lol: