~*Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX - Duel of the Fates OT*~

6 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Eh, I'm bored tonight and was just catching up with this thread and all the posts I missed :p

It's really odd seeing all the posts here that simply try to paint me as some sexist while ignoring my criticisms of the franchise, lol. Maybe I should film myself punching my mother so I can help quantify the same-old insane posters here who truly are sociopaths :lol:

This post is bizarre.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Eh, I'm bored tonight and was just catching up with this thread and all the posts I missed :p

It's really odd seeing all the posts here that simply try to paint me as some sexist while ignoring my criticisms of the franchise, lol. Maybe I should film myself punching my mother so I can help quantify the same-old insane posters here who truly are sociopaths :lol:

What

The

Fuck

????

Gotta save them for three years from now when we get the super special editions with more behind the scenes stuff, and deleted scenes. 

Or they're just embarrassed at how much of a mess this movie turned out to be, and are hiding scenes that should have stayed in the movie to help make things make sense. 

We'll get a 5-second clip of Rey saying "I rebuilt the saber using ancient Jedi knowledge" and we'll like it!

EDIT - Also, new video from Patrick Willems on why he's done (for now) with SW after TROS. It's good. Also touches on Trevorrow:

td;dr:

• TLJ is the SW movie we didn't know we wanted, but we needed.
  • The Mandalorian is the show we wanted, but we didn't need.
  • TROS was just compressed nostalgia.
  • It's okay to accept the parts of canon you like, and ignore the parts you don't.

Rise of Skywalker novelization confirms that Palpatine was a clone

The novelization of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker confirms Palpatine was a clone. The Disney era of Star Wars has frequently used novelizations to tie up loose ends from the films themselves. In the case of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the film had a startling number of plot holes that writer Rae Carson will surely be hoping to navigate.

This means that the film essentially 100% completely and totally lifted its entire premise from the Dark Empire comics series that was published in the early 90s:

There are striking similarities between Palpatine's canon resurrection and his return in the old Expanded Universe. Like Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Tom Veitch's Dark Empire miniseries saw Palpatine return, his spirit migrating to a clone body, and he constructed a vast army that incorporated sophisticated superweapons.

Talk about being even more "creatively bankrupt" than we originally thought!

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

Read that last night. Not sure if the novelizations are considered canon, but still. This movie is such a fucking mess. How hard would it be to just explain this shit in the actual movie? 

Under Disney, everything is canon.

The novelizations "fill in the gaps" but don't contradict the films.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Read that last night. Not sure if the novelizations are considered canon, but still. This movie is such a fucking mess. How hard would it be to just explain this shit in the actual movie? 

What should be more upsetting to you is that the movie spends about 30,000 words on exposition to try and explain an overdrawn plot that STILL left out critical pieces of information.

17 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Rise of Skywalker novelization confirms that Palpatine was a clone

This means that the film essentially 100% completely and totally lifted its entire premise from the Dark Empire comics series that was published in the early 90s:

Talk about being even more "creatively bankrupt" than we originally thought!

Dark Science ☑

Cloning ☑

Secrets only the Sith knew ?

7 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Qui-Gon Jinn, Kenobi, Yoda and Anakin figured out how to do it. Which was how they were able to become Force ghosts. 

The Jedi knew how to become "one with the Force" upon death, but that's not the same as the Sith knowledge of transferring their essence from one bodily vessel to another.

It's been established in fact that the Sith cannot live after death due to their corrupted nature, while the Jedi can (since they basically dissolve their individuality into the greater whole of the force). It's ironic since the Sith want to live forever while the Jedi do not. 

I actually wish that the movie had leaned more into the idea of the rule of two allowing the Sith to continue on in their apprentice forever and ever as a giant combination of Sith personalities. But that would have required them using a new body for Palpatine instead of a clone. Or original ideas.

In the next sequels, Force Ghosts will enter stillborn babies and be reincarnated in that way. 

Spoiler

In various Webnovels JPN, CHN, ENG of the isekai genre, after the main character dies on earth, their soul is then transported into another world where a god would place the soul of the MC into babies that otherwise wouldn't be born alive. 

"His heart was full as Rey reached for his face, let her fingers linger against his cheek. And then, wonder of wonders, she leaned forward and kissed him. A kiss of gratitude, acknowledgement of their connection, celebration that they'd found each other at last.

But then she drew back, concern on her face. She could feel him growing cold.

Ben smiled at her.

He had given Rey back to the galaxy. It wouldn't atone for the darkness he'd wrought, but it was what he could do."

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

When I introduce this to the lady, I'm thinking of starting with Rogue One to give her a contemporary movie to kick things off, then go into 4 and 5 (she has NEVER heard of the big twist, btw). I think I may show her 3 after that just to show the downfall of the Republic and the rise of the Emperor and to keep the twist a secret, and then 6-7-8. 

She doesn't need 1 and 2 and really doesn't need to see 9 besides curiosity.