~*Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX - Duel of the Fates OT*~

Any attempt to make sense of the sequel trilogy, taking into account the events of the OT and PT, is folly.  

Anakin's force ghost doesn't appear at all.  Doesn't teach Luke or Leia jack shit about the secrets of the dark side/Sith.  Doesn't even talk to Kylo, his grandson, LOL, who's just begging for his attention.

14 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Any attempt to make sense of the sequel trilogy, taking into account the events of the OT and PT, is folly.  

Anakin's force ghost doesn't appear at all.  Doesn't teach Luke or Leia jack shit about the secrets of the dark side/Sith.  Doesn't even talk to Kylo, his grandson, LOL, who's just begging for his attention.

That isn't how force ghosts work.

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

We had no idea that Force ghosts could CALL LIGHTNING DOWN FROM THE HEAVENS until two movies ago.

I'm pretty sure that there are zero rules at this point as to how Force ghosts "work".

There are zero rules for how the force works. Every movie introduces something new.

13 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

We had no idea that Force ghosts could CALL LIGHTNING DOWN FROM THE HEAVENS until two movies ago.

I'm pretty sure that there are zero rules at this point as to how Force ghosts "work".

In the Clone Wars series Yoda communicates with Qui-Gon Jinn who tells him he needs to learn a lost Jedi ability. Yoda masters it and teaches it to Kenobi. This is how they were able to stay around as force Force ghosts and we didn't see thousands of them walking around during the Clone Wars.

8 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

In the Clone Wars series Yoda communicates with Qui-Gon Jinn who tells him he needs to learn a lost Jedi ability. Yoda masters it and teaches it to Kenobi. This is how they were able to stay around as force Force ghosts and we didn't see thousands of them walking around during the Clone Wars.

Yeah, Clone Wars gave the back story to Yoda's comment at the end of RotS but Anakin didn't have that training and was still a force ghost at the end of RotJ. You could even argue Anakin was 2 force ghosts, the original restored body but looking like his age at time of death ghost and the extra special edition pre-Vader body ghost :p

Just now, dualhunter said:

Yeah, Clone Wars gave the back story to Yoda's comment at the end of RotS but Anakin didn't have that training and was still a force ghost at the end of RotJ. You could even argue Anakin was 2 force ghosts, the original restored body but looking like his age at time of death ghost and the extra special edition pre-Vader body ghost :p

Supposedly Kenobi helped save Anakin by teaching him how to become a force Ghost after death but before he became one with the Force. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still don't believe having a plan from the get go is the be-all-end-all of making a good trilogy, but in this instance, seeing how it ended on such a mess, yeah maybe. Or just not hire back JJ as director for IX, or hell not even for VII since I always felt ge was the most obvious, safest choice, and I say that even though I liked The Force Awakens! 

What I said in the other thread: 

JJ Abrams has himself admitted he's not good at endings, then he was hired to rush the film that was meant to be an ending to a trilogy and a nine film saga and it was Star Wars on cocaine. The original Star Wars trilogy is great and wasn't necessarily made with a mapped out "plan", it's just JJ Abrams isn't good at this.

Star-Wars-The-Rise-of-Skywalker-feature.
WWW.CBR.COM

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker director J.J Abrams says that endings aren't exactly his forte.

13 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

What I said in the other thread: 

JJ Abrams has himself admitted he's not good at endings, then he was hired to rush the film that was meant to be an ending to a trilogy and a nine film saga and it was Star Wars on cocaine. The original Star Wars trilogy is great and wasn't necessarily made with a mapped out "plan", it's just JJ Abrams isn't good at this.

Star-Wars-The-Rise-of-Skywalker-feature.
WWW.CBR.COM

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker director J.J Abrams says that endings aren't exactly his forte.

there is a solution to that. It’s called hiring writers. Hell, I’m sure there are some in movie/tv industry that for insiders are known for being able to tie up stories. 

42 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

there is a solution to that. It’s called hiring writers. Hell, I’m sure there are some in movie/tv industry that for insiders are known for being able to tie up stories. 

JJ Abrams is a writer, and co-wrote TFA and TROS. If you're a writer yourself, why hire writers even when you are bad at endings (/JJ logic)?! :p 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I had a buddy in college who named his son Logan. Not outrageous until you realize he named him after the famous Xman character and would gave preferred to name the kid Wolverine but had to be talked out of it. This was the compromise. 

Reminds me of all the people who started naming their kid Khaleesi when GOT was popular, but better than Daenerys I guess 🤷‍♀️

• 5 months later...

For those wondering about the names of Rey's parents...

d78e6cc9-931c-4272-b32b-221662574dd2-SHA
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Read an exclusive excerpt from "Shadow of the Sith," a new "Star Wars" starring fan favorites Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

For those wondering about the names of Rey's parents...

d78e6cc9-931c-4272-b32b-221662574dd2-SHA
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Read an exclusive excerpt from "Shadow of the Sith," a new "Star Wars" starring fan favorites Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian.

This just reminds me how bad TROS was. I've only seen it once and I can't get myself to even try it again.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

17 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

This just reminds me how bad TROS was. I've only seen it once and I can't get myself to even try it again.

I did a rewatch of the star wars movies a while ago and i had to stop at 8. Couldnt bring myself to finish it out. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, johnny said:

I did a rewatch of the star wars movies a while ago and i had to stop at 8. Couldnt bring myself to finish it out. 

Yeah, sounds about right. Watching TLJ vs. TROS is like night and day. Even if you don't like TLJ, TROS is just a fucking wreck and mess of a movie. Going from TLJ, a technical showcase that at least moves and plays like a real film, going from that to TROS is tonal whiplash I can't stomach.

• True 1
  • Halal 1