Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

1 hour ago, legend said:

I'm guessing no "The Avengers will return." either?

I was chatting just outside the door and I saw something pop up after the final Marvel title card, but didn’t read it. I assume it was something along those lines as it was just a line of white text on a black background.

15 minutes ago, Chris- said:

On that note @sblfilms, if necessary, what is the optimal pee time frame?

Most of the second half is not to be missed. About an hour in there is an amazing scene with Thor and right after it ends is a good time to drain the tank real quick.

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I was chatting just outside the door and I saw something pop up after the final Marvel title card, but didn’t read it. I assume it was something along those lines as it was just a line of white text on a black background.

I know you said none, but I just read at the very end there is a noise...no clue what it is though I'll hear it tomorrow when I see it, but it must give a clue of things to come. 

4 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I know you said none, but I just read at the very end there is a noise...no clue what it is though I'll hear it tomorrow when I see it, but it must give a clue of things to come. 

I could have missed it...but I think there is legitimately nothing. And I think it’s super intentional. This is the payoff to a decade of films. It is conclusion and catharsis. It certainly leaves the door open for more stories, but there is clear intent to not make it about what is to come.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I could have missed it...but I think there is legitimately nothing. And I think it’s super intentional. This is the payoff to a decade of films. It is conclusion and catharsis. It certainly leaves the door open for more stories, but there is clear intent to not make it about what is to come.

Man I am excite so badly. 

Given this though, it's kind of stupid that Marvel is considering Spider-Man: Far From Home the end of Phase 3, rather than this. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Given this though, it's kind of stupid that Marvel is considering Spider-Man: Far From Home the end of Phase 3, rather than this. 

I really don’t get it. I’m curious what they feel is still needing to be addressed to close the door on phase 3.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I thought someone said Far From Home was actually the beginning of Phase 4?

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I imagine it doesn't, but in a holistic sense it's lame that it ends with Far From Home and not Endgame. But I'm with you, it merits a shrug overall. 

:shrug:

My guess is that you are right that Phases don't really matter much.  Also this being Spiderman I am guessing Disney has less control over it's content.

In the eyes of the people who make these decisions maybe the next phase starts with the introduction of the next big bad.  Do we know for sure what the first Phase 4 movie is?  Maybe there will be an intro to Galactus... or Dr Doom, or whoever the big bad is for the next phase.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Things can obviously change (look at how dates were moved around in Phase 3, and also how Inhumans was cancelled), but as of right now no Fox properties are part of Phase 4, it's going to be the existing franchises plus Eternals, probably.

well we also already know aboiut the kung fu flick Shang-Chi

I mean, let's not kid ourselves - they may not have been formally announced yet because of Endgame (except for Shang-Chi) but I imagine phase 4 includes Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, Captain Marvel 2, the Black Widow standalone film, Ant-Man 3, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Spider-Man 3, and more new standalone superhero films I'm sure.

Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor each got a trilogy of standalone films, and I imagine that's at least the most basic plan with all of Marvel's superheroes who get standalone films (minus the Hulk, due to rights issues), to make sure each superhero gets a trilogy of standalone films at least

And let's not forget the 4 Disney+ miniseries that have already been confirmed (3 with showrunners): Wanda/Vision, Falcon/Winter Soldier, Loki, and Hawkeye. I don't know when they take place, but I imagine some of them take place after Endgame (I think the Loki one could take place in the unknown span of time between when Loki fell at the end of Thor and where he is at the beginning of the first Avengers film). 

Edit: That doesn't mean I'm not stoked for Endgame. I couldn't care less that I take these sequels as a given - Endgame still looks fantastic. 

47 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Just got back. 

That last scene, fellas. Ohhhhhh boy. And there is one other scene which is just going to blow your dicks off, it rules and is everything you wanted out of the MCU over the past however many years. 

There are probably 5 different moments I could see this being a reference to. Sooooooo goood.

51 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Just got back. 

That last scene, fellas. Ohhhhhh boy. And there is one other scene which is just going to blow your dicks off, it rules and is everything you wanted out of the MCU over the past however many years. 

They use the space and reality stones to pull Tony Hawk into the MCU and he styles over Thanos by doing a sick 900 over Titan?

4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

It was absolutely perfect and everything I wanted from the film, including...

Hide contents

Bringing back Mjolner and Steve wielding it.

That moment gave me all the strength in the world.

I legit shouted 

Spoiler

HE IS WORTHY

I wish I was still in NYC, I saw it was shot entirely in IMAX, and Lincoln Square IMAX is mostly showing it in 2D. :( It's a PITA to get to the real IMAX here (Universal Studios) and the LieMAX in Century City had all the reasonable seats sold out. So I'm skipping out of work for a 12:30 showing tomorrow on Arclight Widescreen with Atmos, was able to grab a good seat even though I only booked this week. 

Dear God

Best movie I've ever seen in my life.

The only flaw that I could think of

Spoiler

Peter going back to school and seeing Ned. Either Ned was snapped away and so he wouldn't necessarily know what happened and wouldn't be as excited to see Peter, or he wasn't snapped away and then he should be 5 years older than Peter. Or he was just happy because he was snapped away but was happy to see Peter because last time he saw him he was swinging away to the alien ship. That's literally the only flaw I could think of

Oh my God such a good movie I need to see it again