Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

They have spent entire years / films establishing that “up there” is the real endgame and why the Avengers were formed in the first place. Thor / Mjolnir showing up being the thing that made Fury go “OH SHIT” and forming the Avengers for real, and the threat of Thanos and his armies being what makes Tony go “OH SHIT” all sets the stage for someone like Captain Marvel being the leader of the team in a potential future where threats from space are a real threat to earth, given her history as an earthling with space experience and real power.

Yes, she’s “new” but they’ve been paving the road for her since Averngers 1.

6 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Not sure who the next leader should be. Thor has way too many issues/responsibilities to be the leader. I could kind of see Strange in the role, but also think his movies are going to lead him down a different mystical path than the rest. Hawkeye did run his own team in the comics, but I think the team needs a heavy hitter to be the leader. 

Maybe Vision if they found a way to copy his program and download him into a new body?

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

They have spent entire years / films establishing that “up there” is the real endgame and why the Avengers were formed in the first place. Thor / Mjolnir showing up being the thing that made Fury go “OH SHIT” and forming the Avengers for real, and the threat of Thanos and his armies being what makes Tony go “OH SHIT” all sets the stage for someone like Captain Marvel being the leader of the team in a potential future where threats from space are a real threat to earth, given her history as an earthling with space experience and real power.

Yes, she’s “new” but they’ve been paving the road for her since Averngers 1.

Galactus could be the next huge threat so that would work perfectly. Marvel was fighting hard to get the rights to that character.

On 4/2/2019 at 6:07 PM, Kal-El814 said:

I’m not reading spoilers or am aware of leaks. But with just what we’ve seen in trailers it’s hard to accept that in the first half hour we have:

Tony in space not sure if he’s going to get home

Tony on earth with Pepper

Tony making up with Cap

Avengers looking at the beeper

Captain Marvel showing up

Nebula showing up

Cap wondering if Scott Lang on camera is a recording or a live feed

Hawkeye at home with his kid

Hawkeye as Ronin getting found by Natasha

Everyone going into space wearing normal Avengers stuff and not dank space suits and without Nebula and Iron Man

Fighting a fully armored Thanos

Everyone getting ready to go into space wearing dank space suits with Nebula and Iron Man

There’s just no way everything we’ve seen is from the first bit.

Having just rewatched Ant-Man and The Wasp, I suppose those “second space suits” could be quantum realm pants they’re all wearing... but if all of this is happening in the first 30 minutes, leaving two and a half hours to go... I’m super concerned about the pacing of this movie. :p

On 4/2/2019 at 4:44 PM, silentbob said:

Canada’s theatre chain Cineplex app is running like shit and can’t get ahold of anything. Hoping to catch it in 3D with Dolby Atmos on the Thursday if it ever starts to work again.

Some sites are already saying that the pre-sales are 3X what Infinity War had

Putting IW on Netflix was smurt!

Man, just wait for the movie people. Every time I turn around new content, trailers, etc are revealed about this movie (which I obviously ignore). I'll never understand people's desire to know as much as humanly possible about a huge movie like this before it's release. Just be patient! lol

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-writers-secret-wars-movie-russo-brothers/

Screen Rant is able to exclusively reveal that both McFeely and Markus would be onboard to write the screenplay for a Secret Wars movie. After telling the writers that the Russo Brothers said they wanted to make Secret Wars, we asked the writing duo if they would be onboard as well, to which Markus replied, "I have to read ‘Secret Wars’ again. It’s literally ben ten thousand years" and McFeely commented, "If Joe and Anthony do another Marvel movie and they don’t have us write it, I will be personally offended". When elaborating on McFeely's comment, Markus joked, "Yeah, there’ll be problems at home". 

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Endgame outpacing Infinity War pre-sales by 5:1

also: Endgame has sold more advance tickets than Infinity War, The Last Jedi, Captain Marvel, and Aquaman combined.

Tracking for $260 - $280 million opening domestically. Some theatres are now doing 24-hour screenings to meet demand.

o-face.gif

animation_hyhf.gif

Combined... and Infinity War currently has the highest opening weekend (though domestically, Black Panther did better long-haul).

If Infinity War was $257 million, I feel like 260 - 280 is a conservative estimate unless many people who are advanced buying watching Infinity War opening weekend anyway.

It's interesting that, at least in the trailer, that much of Brie Larsons acting in End Game was shot before "Captain Marvel".

And what's amusing is that a few feminists on social media have lashed out at Marvel for forcing Brie Larson to wear makeup because they had seen her first in Captain Marvel with less but have now been silenced when it was shown to them that it was Larson's decision to wear makeup just as it is every female cast membes decision in the film to wear whatever they want. 

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I haven't seen any backlash of that sort. Or is this one of those cases where there's literally a handful of people complaining, but then the opposite side (alt-right, incels, etc) magnify it to prove a point?

A very small number of people were worried Endgame had Snyder-ed the women in the film. This was quickly responded to and there was a million times the amount of media coverage for Marvel's answer than there was if the original complaint. I follow this stuff pretty closely and I didn't even know this was a thing until Marvel responded.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

A very small number of people were worried Endgame had Snyder-ed the women in the film. This was quickly responded to and there was a million times the amount of media coverage for Marvel's answer than there was if the original complaint. I follow this stuff pretty closely and I didn't even know this was a thing until Marvel responded.

ALIEN-Gunner overreacts to shit tangential to "social justice warriors"? You don't say.

16 minutes ago, Brick said:

So we're definitely going to finally have Cap say, "Avengers, assemble!" in this one, and lift up Mjolnir (time travel), maybe at the same time, in this one, right? 

They'd better! They've been teasing it forever now.

Will it be weird to eat a tub of popcorn at 8am on a Sunday while watching this? :thinking: