Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

31 minutes ago, johnny said:

There’s going to be a badass “getting the squad back together” montage in the beginning 

That seems likely. :p

20 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The most recent 1-min trailer has at least one CGI cover up, it's strongly believed:

Reveal hidden contents

Cap in his IW costume (when he's on the ground) is a CGI coverup of him in a different suit, likely his Avengers 1 suit.

I’m not reading spoilers or am aware of leaks. But with just what we’ve seen in trailers it’s hard to accept that in the first half hour we have:

Tony in space not sure if he’s going to get home

Tony on earth with Pepper

Tony making up with Cap

Avengers looking at the beeper

Captain Marvel showing up

Nebula showing up

Cap wondering if Scott Lang on camera is a recording or a live feed

Hawkeye at home with his kid

Hawkeye as Ronin getting found by Natasha

Everyone going into space wearing normal Avengers stuff and not dank space suits and without Nebula and Iron Man

Fighting a fully armored Thanos

Everyone getting ready to go into space wearing dank space suits with Nebula and Iron Man

There’s just no way everything we’ve seen is from the first bit.

I can buy that it is first half, because I think they are going to screw this movie up and have an hour and half of setting up the soft reboot of the MCU after the IW story is concluded.

24 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I can buy that it is first half, because I think they are going to screw this movie up and have an hour and half of setting up the soft reboot of the MCU after the IW story is concluded.

First half a 3+ hour movie, absolutely. First HALF HOUR, no fucking way.

19 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I hope not

I mean... they gotta do something? Are any Phase 4 movies other than Far From Home and GotG 3 even officially confirmed? Black Widow and Black Panther 2 are soft confirms, right?

21 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah it's early enough where I can just say "Have a doc appt" to my boss and he won't question me rolling in around noon. Haha

That's the thing. I'm just taking the whole day off. There's no point in strolling into the office at 2.

39 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah it's early enough where I can just say "Have a doc appt" to my boss and he won't question me rolling in around noon. Haha

If it's a 10 am showing you won't be rolling in at noon :p it'll be 1030 before it even starts which means it's 1:30 by the time the movie ends. 

So, people were saying Captain Marvel is supposed to be the new Leaders of the Avengers. Is that what is going to happen? Can't say I am a fan of a character that has only been in one movie becoming the leader but whatever. 

Disney just showed a clip from Endgame that I would guess is early in the film and involves

Spoiler

Cap, Widow, War machine, Rocket, Bruce, Thor, Carol, and Nebula leaving earth to find Thanos based on a tip from Nebula and some sciencing by Rocket.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

So, people were saying Captain Marvel is supposed to be the new Leaders of the Avengers. Is that what is going to happen? Can't say I am a fan of a character that has only been in one movie becoming the leader but whatever. 

Rocket should be the leader 

17 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Disney just showed a clip from Endgame that I would guess is early in the film and involves

Hide contents

Cap, Widow, War machine, Rocket, Bruce, Thor, Carol, and Nebula leaving earth to find Thanos based on a tip from Nebula and some sciencing by Rocket.

This confirms the leaks I have read, and the general timeline of the movie I've proposed. On ERA someone who has worked on the visual effects has also confirmed the general order of the first-half. But apparently nothing from the second half has been shown, and almost all of the stuff shown has been from the first 30 minutes. That's crazy.

18 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I was able to get a half-decent ticket for Friday at 9PM. I have no idea what my work schedule will be (yay retail) but that's the "safest" timeslot I could find where I wouldn't be sitting in the front row. 

Why go see the movie when you could just read it like CitizenVectron?

17 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I can't see her as the leader. 

The problem here, I think, is that the next most obvious leader would be T'Challa, but there's something to be said about the leader of a sovereign nation also being the leader of a team of vigilantes. After T'Challa, I'm not sure what good options you have. Thor might be fine, but he really should be watching over his own people. I guess you could have Rhodes in there. He's just never had much presence on the team.

I think this is missed opportunity for Captain Marvel. That movie really should have featured her commanding her own team of Kree fighters. She needed a chance to flex that type of leadership capability.

24 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The problem here, I think, is that the next most obvious leader would be T'Challa, but there's something to be said about the leader of a sovereign nation also being the leader of a team of vigilantes. After T'Challa, I'm not sure what good options you have. Thor might be fine, but he really should be watching over his own people. I guess you could have Rhodes in there. He's just never had much presence on the team.

I think this is missed opportunity for Captain Marvel. That movie really should have featured her commanding her own team of Kree fighters. She needed a chance to flex that type of leadership capability.

Not sure who the next leader should be. Thor has way too many issues/responsibilities to be the leader. I could kind of see Strange in the role, but also think his movies are going to lead him down a different mystical path than the rest. Hawkeye did run his own team in the comics, but I think the team needs a heavy hitter to be the leader.