~*US Federal Government Shutdown Watch - Fiscal Year 2024 Edition*~

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

20231003_155404.jpg

And it turned out to be a septuagenarian game show host :lol:

There was a time when Cruz and Rubio were also seen as the youthful future of the party, as well. 

Whatever you think of these boring white coat racks personally, it IS funny to watch the GOP repeatedly feed what they think is their future leadership to Trump because.....well hell, who even knows why because anymore. He's basically lost them every election since '16. His underperformance in '22 itself is why McCarthy's whole Speakership has an asterisk next to it like a Barry Bonds batting record right up to and including getting ousted by Captain Helmet Hair.

I guess because it's easier to win a Republican primary by being a bobblehead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The closed GOP conference immediately ended because they honestly didn't expect him to not run again.

I hope all the pizza they ordered for the conference isn't going to waste though!

image.png

Did the pizzas come with under age kids for the republicans? Or is that only a Democrat thing?

Gaetz will step up to the Speakership.. are the Dems stupid enough to say “do it” just to put him front and center of this mess even at the cost of a guaranteed shutdown… let the populace suffer to highlight incompetence and earn for votes later…

I will wait and see if they are seriously dumb enough to propose Trump.. He’s stupid enough to do it if it means he can skip court or put those processes on hold.. If you thought he was rude to the press core Lol.. “Decorum” will fall out of the national lexicon

It's going to be Scalise and I doubt there'll be any opposition within the GOP Caucus:

Scalise already starting to line up supporters for a speaker’s bid, per sources. He and his team have been calling members tonight and a number of Republicans have already pledged their support.

A GOP member who heard from them tells me: “he’s getting good support already”