Steam Deck 512gb contest - Update: Part 2 as Brian joins the festivities!

stepee

34 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What are the rules, here? Closest? Price is Right? lol

I am definitely entering, as I've always wanted one!

Closest and then if two numbers are equally close it will be the one under it! So price is right except you can be over if you are the closest.

• Hugs 1

16 hours ago, stepee said:

Slightly more strict rules here. Sorry, but only people a thousand posts or more. Only people who have posted within the last two months. Nobody who has a different pc handheld already. Nobody who had a steam deck already! Please don’t enter if you aren’t sure if you will use it, Im pretty sure there are people here who know they will. 

I probably won’t ship it until after my LA trip which means mid september. But will end this around 7pm Monday pacific time. I have a the original csse, the charger, and Ill probably include a 400gb sd card.

Enter a number 1-100 and RNG will decide, good luck!

Did you get a better version or just not into it anymore?

On 8/26/2023 at 10:00 PM, stepee said:

You can participate but it would lose your otherwise spot for the 4090 once the 5090 comes out, one big thing per person ok 

I want in on that one (4090 I mean) !! Hope whole ever wins this appreciates it as much as I do mine (Steam deck), and my ROG Ally...lol

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Reminder cut off is 7pm tonight, I’ll probably roll around 8 - and remember I’ll probably be shipping mid sept due to laziness/trips! 

So am I still in the running for the 4090? Just give it to me strait now I can take it, I THINK :nerd:

Not to highjack this kind offering but if Stepee doesn't mind I'd like to throw in a $25 Steam gift card to get them started with some of the lesser known / Indi'esk type games I have been having an amazing time with since I got my Steam deck like Halls of Torment, Vampire survivor, etc, etc. This is only if he doesn't mind as personally it's really such a kind and generous offer on it's own maybe this cheapens it a bit? If so I won't be hurt I'll just do a Give away to a handheld gamer out here when this is over. Up to Stepee message me plz tonight! I may miss the 7pm deadline but I'll take care of it tonight before midnight pacific time. I could just message you Stepee the Steam wallet code what ever is best I just want to be a part of this. I have won a few great games here and it always feels so great, I have also given away a few nice things too and it's feels better than winning them for sure.......

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

So am I still in the running for the 4090? Just give it to me strait now I can take it, I THINK :nerd:

Not to highjack this kind offering but if Stepee doesn't mind I'd like to throw in a $25 Steam gift card to get them started with some of the lesser known / Indi'esk type games I have been having an amazing time with since I got my Steam deck like Halls of Torment, Vampire survivor, etc, etc. This is only if he doesn't mind as personally it's really such a kind and generous offer on it's own maybe this cheapens it a bit? If so I won't be hurt I'll just do a Give away to a handheld gamer out here when this is over. Up to Stepee message me plz tonight! I may miss the 7pm deadline but I'll take care of it tonight before midnight pacific time. I could just message you Stepee the Steam wallet code what ever is best I just want to be a part of this. I have won a few great games here and it always feels so great, I have also given away a few nice things too and it's feels better than winning them for sure.......

That is fine and you can just msg it to them (whoever wins), no worries!

And sorry but the 4090 is already called for by Bacon, that one isn’t a contest!

Just now, stepee said:

lol it still cracks me up with my leg too that they just use straight regular ass nails inside of you - like we haven’t come up with something else yet?

Not only that but getting told "yeah those ones that we put in your ankle will probably break and we can take part of the screw out if you wanna and it hurts but it won't probably I dunno lol" was good stuff.

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Not only that but getting told "yeah those ones that we put in your ankle will probably break and we can take part of the screw out if you wanna and it hurts but it won't probably I dunno lol" was good stuff.

lol that’s how they talked about the entire rod in my leg, like it might cause issues but probably not but we could remove but idkkkkkkkkkkkk

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol that’s how they talked about the entire rod in my leg, like it might cause issues but probably not but we could remove but idkkkkkkkkkkkk

Yup. Turns out the screws in my ankle did break but they don’t hurt so hooray no minor surgery chasing vibes. 

My leg breaking sounded like me stomping on a box of uncooked lasagna noodles, I was kinda hoping the screws breaking would make a cool sound but I think they just got worn apart, boo. What kind of cheap ass materials did they cobble my bones back together with, I want a refund. If humanity was smart they’d tell Skynet to make Terminators with those screws, they’d fall apart hundreds of miles away from the Connor family. 

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yup. Turns out the screws in my ankle did break but they don’t hurt so hooray no minor surgery chasing vibes. 

My leg breaking sounded like me stomping on a box of uncooked lasagna noodles, I was kinda hoping the screws breaking would make a cool sound but I think they just got worn apart, boo. What kind of cheap ass materials did they cobble my bones back together with, I want a refund. If humanity was smart they’d tell Skynet to make Terminators with those screws, they’d fall apart hundreds of miles away from the Connor family. 

My leg is throbbing just reading this!

• Sad 1

AWESOME DEED Stepee, really cool man . . . . .

HEY @Chris- Congratulations!!

This is HardAct {Glenn} and I wanted to add a $25 Steam wallet code to add to Stepee's kind gesture with one of my own. Maybe get you started with some of the lesser known less flashy but fantastic games out there that the Steam deck and the Rog Ally has opened me up to. I really recommend Hall of Torment a Vampire Survivor clone it's fantastic. That's all I'll recommend unless you'd like some more. I'm sure you'll manage to bury yourself in games on the Handheld in no time. Enjoy, Glad to enhance your new toy with a quick $25 bucks!

Ok looks like I can't find a non-sketchy place to buy a "Digital instant online $25 card" so 2 options sir......

1.Give me your Steam name here or message it to me if you want anonymity or friend me on Steam  {HardAct}  is my name no parentheses there like EVERYWHERE lol and I'll add &25 to your wallet? this way you get the full $25 for sure

2.I'll buy it from Best Buy tonight in card form there in stock and drive down tomorrow and pick it up to you and send you the code that way? Warning going this route: Quick glance I only saw 20/50/100/200/500 versions of the cards, there may be a $25 dollar card I just didn't see it??