Steam Deck 512gb contest - Update: Part 2 as Brian joins the festivities!

stepee

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Recognize the limitations of the Steam Deck -- it is great as a handheld, and can play less demanding stuff at 1080p.

But, I wouldn't expect to play current AAA stuff on a TV with decent frame rates.

For sure.  I'm not interested in lots of new, AAA graphical powerhouse type games.  I mostly play older stuff, mixed with indies and emulation.  It seems like it would be a pretty great device for that stuff.

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

Bacon 4

Biggie 28

Bitgod 68

Brick 20

CaptainPrick 68

CitizenV 71

Cusideabe 81

Darkstar 87

Derek 56

Dodger 37

EternalD 42

Eventide 27

Gamer 93

GeneticB 79

Jason 61

LazyP 37

Paper 64

Remark 16

Shreddie 77

Skillz 22

Spork 32

WhyteB 23

Numbers are locked. I will pick a winner sometime this weekend. Good luck 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 5

@Chris-   

Man I hope this guy plays the thing, he has just a single game { FibbageXL } on Steam. Not judging but that seems pretty impossible! This coming from a guy with a MASSIVE backlog , Anyways it's so stupid that Steam won't allow a Gift card to a friend till 72hours after the friend request is excepted, and that is today! Finally I am able to gift you the $25 bucks through Steam friends. Plz message me that you got it and Enjoy the Steam deck when you get it.

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, HardAct said:

@stepee your SD screen is dead? is it modded has it been opened? I wouldn't mind a shot a fixing it if that's on the table? I have opened mine 2x now. I did the Hall Effects joy sticks w/ the soldering for the track pads, I do know it's insides pretty well by now......

yeah the screen is dead but i’m letting wut get a crack at it!

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

yeah the screen is dead but i’m letting wut get a crack at it!

dang, I love fixing shit like that. I have a Steamdeck but the challenge intrigues me. Are you sure it's dead, I've had mine blackscreen lock before where it's scary to get it back on?

4 minutes ago, HardAct said:

dang, I love fixing shit like that. I have a Steamdeck but the challenge intrigues me. Are you sure it's dead, I've had mine blackscreen lock before where it's scary to get it back on?

no idea, i hate dealing with shit, someone will figure it out!

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Don’t feel weird. I’m the one who turned the offer down. Seriously if you have reconsidered I won’t have any hard feelings. None. I promise. 

No, I mean to say it’s perfectly all right, I still would like to do it if you have changed your mind! I would just need your address and I can order from BB like I did w/ Chris. Just lemme know.

• Like 2