2022 Midterm Thread

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It cracks me up how effective McConnell has been yet how much they're sick of his failures or whatever they're saying.

IIRC he told them their strategy for 2022 wasn't going to work, so now they basically got the knives out because he was right. 

27 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's finally officially official:  Democrats control the Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the first time since 2010.

12456657_111522-wpvi-krasner-impeachment
6ABC.COM

Philadelphia's elected Democratic prosecutor faces a state Senate trial and possible removal from office.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

12456657_111522-wpvi-krasner-impeachment
6ABC.COM

Philadelphia's elected Democratic prosecutor faces a state Senate trial and possible removal from office.

The Republicans don't have the 2/3 majority necessary to convict him in the Pennsylvania Senate.

• Sicko 1

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Krasner is a fun boogeyman for the cops and right wing of Philly. 

That said, I’d be fine with it if cops started whacking Philly teenagers upside their heads a little more because a lot of crime in Philly is being done by teenagers.

Going after Krasner is so easy for them because he's progressive. And then they go: "look, Philly has crime! It's Krasner's fault". Like they forgot what this city was like in the 90's and 00's. :p Also: "cities have crime! news at 11". I'm pro whacking Philly teenagers upside the head though. And the people responsible for constantly breaking car windows and separately stealing catalytic converters in this city, jesus.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes the point is they're being sore loser babies by doing this on their way out the door. 

The fact they went after Krasner specifically makes it especially nice MAGA chud tears.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Independent voters and their perception of GOP extremism appear to have been a significant factor in the victories of the Democratic senatorial candidates:

FhtiIEjWAAADVqx?format=jpg&name=small

FhtiTCsXkAglgTK?format=jpg&name=medium

So basically everyone thinks either one side or the other is too extreme? Just seems to matter if you believe GOP propaganda or not.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

I feel like anyone scared of "crime" that does not live in the immediate vicinity of even semi-regular violence needs to be barred from voting because we need less paranoid dipshits voting, not more.

Holy fucking shit, this. If you can’t buy crack in your neighborhood, it ain’t that fuckin dangerous bro!

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Holy fucking shit, this. If you can’t buy crack in your neighborhood, it ain’t that fuckin dangerous bro!

The apartment below mine for a period of time in highschool was a crack house and even then it never was that dangerous. I was surrounded by gang violence growing up, but it was never really a concern for me since I just didn't have dealings with any of these gangs. Mass shootings in small towns or road ragers in states with tons of guns are scarier than anything I saw or dealt with growing up.

23 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I got news for you... Every neighborhood has a crack dealer. Low level drug dealers commit almost no violent crime. Thats a myth. 

Cartels and kingpins? Absolutely. 

Joe Nickel selling dime bags of rock? Not no much, except in the worst inner cities, which number in single digits probably 

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:
00pol-house-flips-mccarthy-1-90cc-facebo
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

After more than a week of counting, the Republican Party gained the 218 House seats needed to claim the majority, ushering in an era of divided government.

Expected after the vote counting the past few days, but the fact that there was a time between election day and now that it Democrats had a viable path to the majority and nearly beat Boebert makes me much more optimistic that people really have woken up to the extremism in the Republican Party. The fight continues.

47 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

My past job had delivery drivers coming back and getting tires checked all the time of drug needles. The needles would be scattered about the parking lots/delivery docks at some sketchier GTA stores. I didn’t see them but I could for sure see where they would be dock wise.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fucking Cuomo 

Amazing how that one state screwed it up through a crooked governor (though DeSantis' extreme gerrymander in Florida didn't help either).

On the plus side, the fact that this was so close is promising, and not just because of how many people voted Democratic: it shows the importance of the 2017/2018/2019/2020 elections for redistricting and the importance of voting rights groups going after states with bad maps.

Colorado -- Gained an electoral vote, will either be 5-3 or 6-2 (if Boebert lost, which I still think is amazing that it was even close).

Illinois - 14 Democrats elected, 3 Republicans. Did not have a Republican governor this time.

Maine - Democrats occupy both seats. Did not have a Republican governor this time to veto maps.

Maryland - Still ended up 7-1 Democratic.

Michigan - One of the biggest successes. The map that was drawn was fair. It's split 7-6 for Democrats, and Democrats gained control of the state legislature because it wasn't gerrymandered and more people voted for them. Fantastic.

North Carolina - Crappy gerrymandering after 2010, but now it's split 7-7 in congressional representation instead of whatever abomination it was after 2010. And it's usually a competitive state with a red tint.

Pennsylvania - Another state that was drawn terribly after 2010 but now has 9 Democratic seats and 8 Republican seats after Democrats won the governor's mansion and Senate race. Much better representation of what people in Pennsylvania want.

Virginia - A Republican governor signed off last time. A commission drew the lines this time with help from the legislature. Virginia is 6-5 Democratic.

Ohio is amazing because it was gerrymandered yet it's 10-5 Republican because Democrats won two seats that they weren't expected to win (1st and 13th district). Arizona, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida remains major problems to tackle, and a total ban on gerrymandering would be the ideal scenario that way we don't have to hope for gerrymandering to offset other gerrymandering (ugh, I hate that sentence!), but the results show what happens when we vote on the local and state level and donate to voting organizations.

• Halal 4