Resident Evil 4 Remake - Information Thread, update: 6.48 million units sold (fastest-selling game in series history)

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People are so fucking dumb.

Aside from the fact that the VO work for Ada is perfectly fine... she still flirts with Leon, is obviously attracted to him, and her more "grounded" appearance involves a sweater dress that she'd have to pour herself into paired with thigh high boots with a kitten heel. Yes she's not wearing a dress cut to her ass anymore, but she's still not dressing for the job she actually has.

• Sad 1

I thought she did alright. If you have a complaint, should probably criticize Capcom and not the individual. Tracking her down on social media is a pretty Karen thing to do. Some people literally never made the transition to just being an adjusted adult out of high school. 

I mean, the look of the new Ada blows the old one out of the water. Can't say I'm a fan of the voice but lol 1. I don't really care and 2. old Ada isn't particularly amazing. Not bad, but if there is any one voice actor I'd prefer it is the OG Leon just for his cheesy deliveries, tho the OG Leon would not match the new face at all.

Best new VA by far is Ashley, but that is also due to how much I hated the old one.

Beat Hardcore mode finally after 22.5 hours.  This is easily my favorite game from this "gen", or whatever you can call it at this point.   Just phenomenal in every respect and I don't have any real criticism to offer.  It took an all-time great game, made sensible and fun changes, and somehow made it even more replayable and dynamic.

• Halal 2

On 4/3/2023 at 8:03 AM, Kal-El814 said:

People are so fucking dumb.

Aside from the fact that the VO work for Ada is perfectly fine... she still flirts with Leon, is obviously attracted to him, and her more "grounded" appearance involves a sweater dress that she'd have to pour herself into paired with thigh high boots with a kitten heel. Yes she's not wearing a dress cut to her ass anymore, but she's still not dressing for the job she actually has.

Mean is the better word. We can fix someone being mean. We can't fix someone being dumb in theory. 

Did anybody start NG+?  I'm debating whether to do that, or to just play it again fresh.  I'm always sort of opposed to NG+ since I find the fun in a lot of these games to be the gradual progression of upgrading and buying new items.  I started a fresh save but am having second thoughts about how to play through it again.

1 hour ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Did anybody start NG+?  I'm debating whether to do that, or to just play it again fresh.  I'm always sort of opposed to NG+ since I find the fun in a lot of these games to be the gradual progression of upgrading and buying new items.  I started a fresh save but am having second thoughts about how to play through it again.

When I do beat it I'm going NG+. 

I'm just now getting into RE4R and I was curious so I checked Metacritic - this game is getting review bombed across all three platforms by users. Highest aggregate user score is a 6.8 for the PS5 version (4.4 for XBSX and 5.2 for PC) when critics across the board scored it a 91 (XBSX), 92 (PC), and 93 (PS5) across the three platforms? Is it just cause of the Ada Wong stuff?

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm just now getting into RE4R and I was curious so I checked Metacritic - this game is getting review bombed across all three platforms by users. Highest aggregate user score is a 6.8 for the PS5 version (4.4 for XBSX and 5.2 for PC) when critics across the board scored it a 91 (XBSX), 92 (PC), and 93 (PS5) across the three platforms? Is it just cause of the Ada Wong stuff?

Would it surprise you to know it's also in part due to them taking out some of the misogyny? 

Game is selling gangbusters though, so those losers' gambit has failed. 

• True 1

Today is the first day I really got into this. I’m playing on hardcore, because that’s what it suggests if you’ve played the game before. But I don’t feel like my knowledge of prior iterations of this game is really helping me here. :p
It’s not outrageously hard or anything, but it’s certainly a different feel from the RE4 I knew. 

I do have to admit, I don't like the new actress' voice for Ada either. It does actually feel a bit flat, like she recorded her lines in her closet one night while trying not to wake anyone up. She went from suave, sophisticated spy chick to morning radio DJ. That said, it's nothing I would waste energy complaining about on the internet. 

What I will complain about is that while I'm enjoying the game, holy shit the pacing is all over the place. It's like they took their sweet time and expanded the hell out of some areas, then squeezed the shit out of others. You can wander through an area for two hours doing almost nothing, then have to do a bunch of stuff back to back to back.

For example, last night I was playing through an area where there wasn't a whole lot going on, then I hit a spot where I had to fight a bunch of ganados along with two of the blind guys with the metal wolverine claws, then a few minutes later got dropped into the cave where you have to run around escaping Salazar's "right hand" while the elevator lowered, then had to run around in an area with infinitely respawning enemies and chainsaw chicks to get the dynamite, THEN I got dropped almost immediately into the twin giant fight in the lava room.

I had to stop playing because I was just fucking exhausted.

On 4/5/2023 at 4:02 PM, TheLeon said:

Today is the first day I really got into this. I’m playing on hardcore, because that’s what it suggests if you’ve played the game before. But I don’t feel like my knowledge of prior iterations of this game is really helping me here. :p
It’s not outrageously hard or anything, but it’s certainly a different feel from the RE4 I knew. 

That was a really dumb statement for them to make at the beginning of the game. I ignored that and chose Normal anyway, and I'm still struggling with the game because there are a lot more areas where the enemies never stop respawning, but there's really no way to know until after you've spent a shit ton of ammo killing a bunch of them. Then you just kinda realize it's never going to stop and move on. I've been squeezed on ammo a few times because of this. It's one of the few things I don't really like about the game.

The game is different enough from the original where it doesn't really matter if you've played it before, except maybe the strategy of one or two bosses, like the first giant fight.

37 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

That was a really dumb statement for them to make at the beginning of the game. I ignored that and chose Normal anyway, and I'm still struggling with the game because there are a lot more areas where the enemies never stop respawning, but there's really no way to know until after you've spent a shit ton of ammo killing a bunch of them. Then you just kinda realize it's never going to stop and move on. I've been squeezed on ammo a few times because of this. It's one of the few things I don't really like about the game.

The game is different enough from the original where it doesn't really matter if you've played it before, except maybe the strategy of one or two bosses, like the first giant fight.

I don't think the game has any areas where enemies never stop respawning?

• True 1
  • Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil 4 Remake - Information Thread, update: Mercenaries Mode DLC released
2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah that's not a thing that I can think of happening at any point in the game, except maybe timed parts like the intro or the cabin.

Intro + cabin which were in the OG as well. 

I’m not playing on hardcore so again I can’t comment on how frustrating the game is on that difficulty, but if you compare base difficulty OG vs the REmake, the REmake’s encounters are easier, the bosses are easier, and I would wager there are fewer overall enemies. 

6 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

The part in the canyon where you have to turn the crank and the ganados are throwing dynamite, and the cave where you have to snag the dynamite to blow the cave-in are two that immediately come to mind. Also the walled in area when you first encounter the chainsaw woman (where you can have Ashley hide in the locker). I killed and killed and they just kept coming so I just eventually ran through and did what I needed to do.

It's entirely possible I just didn't stick around long enough but I killed quite a few in each instance before I eventually said screw it.

39 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

The part in the canyon where you have to turn the crank and the ganados are throwing dynamite, and the cave where you have to snag the dynamite to blow the cave-in are two that immediately come to mind. Also the walled in area when you first encounter the chainsaw woman (where you can have Ashley hide in the locker). I killed and killed and they just kept coming so I just eventually ran through and did what I needed to do.

It's entirely possible I just didn't stick around long enough but I killed quite a few in each instance before I eventually said screw it.

The first part defiantly isn’t ringing a bell,  but the first Bella sisters encounter defiantly has a limit; I didn’t leave that room until everyone was dead. 

EDIT - I know the first part now. Yeah that one is finite too, but the parts that trigger more mobs are not super obvious. And in both cases it’s a bunch of ganados for sure.