Resident Evil 4 Remake - Information Thread, update: 6.48 million units sold (fastest-selling game in series history)

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I go back to work tomorrow and I can't game on work days. I should finish this when I'm off next weekend. I got my TLOU code today, but I can't preload it because we're almost at our limit on the data cap(fucking 1200GB is idiotic when you have gigabit internet, fuck you Comcast).

Anyway, I might put off TLOU just long enough to get back to Metroid Prime, because I was really liking it for the few hours I played.

Ouch, they started removing the cap with pretty reasonable plans here finally, I think I pay like $90 after taxes and everything for gigabit internet with no cap, which doesn’t seem too bad and could be cheaper if I wasn’t lazy and got my own modem. Hope they start doing that there soon. I always had to just pay the $50 extra.

While it's a bunch of horse shit, you can pay $10 or $11/month or whatever to completely remove Comcast's stupid data cap. 

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/data

Anyway, not too much to say, game has been fantastic so far. Loving hardcore, as I found normal on the demo to be piss easy. Hardcore requires a lot more strategy and slightly more careful use of ammo, but isn't anywhere near as brutally punishing as the highest difficulty in Village, for example, which took me damn near 2 hours of practice to survive the opening siege.

Love the revamped shooting game and prizes, and I'm glad the gacha stuff is based on your save because save scumming is fucking boring. You get what you get, deal with it!

Really enjoying how they sort of expanded everything, a lot of stuff in the original felt rushed even at the time, like story beats just showing up and being resolved in what felt like minutes. Stuff has a little more time to breathe here and it's all the more enjoyable for it.

Also, remember having to pause the entire game every time you wanted to switch weapons? Remember how that broke up the pace of literally every fight in the game? Yeah, for those asking why we'd need an RE4 Remake, that alone would justify it.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

While it's a bunch of horse shit, you can pay $10 or $11/month or whatever to completely remove Comcast's stupid data cap. 

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/data

Anyway, not too much to say, game has been fantastic so far. Loving hardcore, as I found normal on the demo to be piss easy. Hardcore requires a lot more strategy and slightly more careful use of ammo, but isn't anywhere near as brutally punishing as the highest difficulty in Village, for example, which took me damn near 2 hours of practice to survive the opening siege.

Love the revamped shooting game and prizes, and I'm glad the gacha stuff is based on your save because save scumming is fucking boring. You get what you get, deal with it!

Really enjoying how they sort of expanded everything, a lot of stuff in the original felt rushed even at the time, like story beats just showing up and being resolved in what felt like minutes. Stuff has a little more time to breathe here and it's all the more enjoyable for it.

Also, remember having to pause the entire game every time you wanted to switch weapons? Remember how that broke up the pace of literally every fight in the game? Yeah, for those asking why we'd need an RE4 Remake, that alone would justify it.

I'm also playing on Hardcore, and while I'm generally enjoying it, it has its fair share of frustrations. Like, the Cabin fight, for example. Took me a half dozen+ tries and a lot of them ended because of how easy it is to get pinned in a corner/surrounded and then the camera doesn't know how to cope with that. I also don't like that you can't store ammo. Like, I didn't carry a rifle for a long time, but I didn't want to just discard that ammo because its too valuable.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Actually i’ll be rebuying this on ps5 myself when it’s $30 or lower for vr :P

You could play it in VR right now with REFramework mod :sickos:

9 hours ago, nublood said:

Quick question…does parrying damage your knife?

Yes, but if you do a perfect parry your knife gets damaged very little.

I’m about mid way through chapter 11 now. Pretty much just played non stop all weekend! Very tight design, always seems to keep me moving to the next area/goal before I feel like I’m running around in circles too much. None of the Ashley stuff was annoying, they padded it enough that it’s fair if you get a game over due to her because you really gotta take your eye off her to let that happen. Got my red9 maxed out now and it’s a beast.

Some of this is going to be so cool in VR.

• Halal 1

8 hours ago, ThreePi said:

I'm also playing on Hardcore, and while I'm generally enjoying it, it has its fair share of frustrations. Like, the Cabin fight, for example. Took me a half dozen+ tries and a lot of them ended because of how easy it is to get pinned in a corner/surrounded and then the camera doesn't know how to cope with that. I also don't like that you can't store ammo. Like, I didn't carry a rifle for a long time, but I didn't want to just discard that ammo because its too valuable.

Huh. A half dozen+ tries? That's rough. I got it on my second try, don't recall being cornered, but I play extremely aggressively and am always letting loose with ammo. None of it is "too valuable" for me to use -- if I have ammo in a gun, I am happy to put it anything's head. Now obviously I'll be a little more careful with magnum ammo or something (and by a little I mean I'll use it on big enemies, not hoard it for a boss fight), but rifle ammo is common as hell, I pop heads with that all day! If you're playing on hardcore, you gotta be hardcore! Play like an action hero, not like a survival horror hero.

The game has plenty of opportunities to stock up. Oftentimes I'll end a huge fight with almost no ammo left, and by the time the next meaningful fight begins I'm all stocked up again. This is not a game for hoarding!

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Phew, through 14 chapters. 20 hours. I may be able to finish this on Wednesday, my next day off. I've had a helluva weekend with this game.

I legit just could not stop playing. I couldn’t get to any VR or Metroid, or..non video game things, had to keep pushing forward. So, so good.

The remake of RE4 wouldn't be as well received as it is if it wasn't for the RE4 that came before it, I believe.  The remake doesn't feel nearly as memorable as the OG. The remake is great, and I am sure there are some wrong and dumb people who weren't fans of the campy cheesy action movie of a game that is RE4, but that is what made the game stick out. Look even to RE5. What do people remember fondly about that game? Chris punching a boulder. It is so bad it's good.

The remake has none of that. Sure, lots of other improvements, as I said the game is great. Easily a 9 or 10 with a GOTY chance. But I wish it pulled also included all the cheese as well. I beat chapter 11 and thought, "oh, well, that's lame," and I have felt like that about some other changes too but the "change" that chapter 11 brings, while making total sense, is just lame to me. Is it far more serious and sincere? Yep, totally. Do I prefer it over the over-the-top ridiculousness? Nope, not at all.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:39 PM, stepee said:

It’s not like you’ll be playing RE4 all in one sitting.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:36 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Says the person who's never played RE4 :sickos:

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I legit just could not stop playing. I couldn’t get to any VR or Metroid, or..non video game things, had to keep pushing forward. So, so good.

Told You So Mackenzie GIF by Teen Mom

• Haha 1

RE4_Ada_01.png
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

A dataminer of Resident Evil 4 Remake has discovered a reference to Separate Ways, suggesting more DLC may be on the wa…

A dataminer of Resident Evil 4 Remake has discovered a reference to Separate Ways, suggesting more DLC may be on the way soon.

As shared on Twitter by Resident Evil Central, dataminer Gosetsu found a folder named The Another Order within the game's files, alongside files for the Chainsaw demo and the Mercenaries mode.

The Another Order was the name of the extra game mode in the original game in Japan, what we in the west called Separate Ways.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil 4 Remake - Information Thread, update: dataminer discovers potential reference to "Separate Ways" DLC
4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But they made her Asian!!!!111

Reveal hidden contents

I went on Steam forums trying to see if pc had dualsense advanced haptics support (sadly it does not) and the first post there was a complaint that the game is woke now. These people have no idea how insane they sound.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But they made her Asian!!!!111

Hide contents

If you weren't keeping up this was some gripe by idiots who I guess didn't know Ada Wong was Asian in the original games.

Ada Wong is Asian? What? Wong is an extremely German sounding name. So weird. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's $30 a month here.

I pay 90 a month for Spectrum here in Oregon. It's 600mbs down and 50mbs up with no cap. I hate this bill but I pay it every month knowing there's nowhere to run and get faster, cheaper anything around here. I'm glad to have it, just hate paying for it....

Into Chapter 5. Knew to clear the lake but there are are parts of the village that are blocked off now right after getting Ashley.

The abandoned factor and Valley are blocked by a tree for absolutely no reason. I don't know why this was a design choice. It's a terrible one. Several items down there I'll never be able to pickup. Sucks. And it's not in any of the guides I saw that talk about points of no return