Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

I really wish the internet in general would stop treating every Elon tweet as if it's a press release. His posting that he's going to eliminate blocking or add some new feature or fight Zuck should be basically ignored until there is at least some follow up, preferably by a more reliable source. It's the Trump problem all over again, but at least with Trump when he was President there was an argument that each of his tweets were effectively press releases. Elon is a similarly unreliable attention whore, but he's not the commander in chief. I really shouldn't be seeing stories all over tech websites or rising up my new feeds every time Elon says something stupid.

• Halal 2
  • Hugs 1

Yeah, Pedo has followed through with his demands in most places and has only walked back or changed the subject when he got serious/legal pushback on them. I do think the removal of blocking would have found their app banned in some app stores or in some regions of the world which is why he backed out of it.

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Besides the stupid comparison what’s the odds he doesn’t already know the tolerance specifications for component parts or whether they are internal (and limited by capital machinery tolerances) or external (limited by market availability)

I feel like there are going to be never ending piles of parts/pieces that aren't "good enough".

On 8/18/2023 at 12:24 PM, CitizenVectron said:

There legitimate are reasons for people to want to stop other specific people from seeing their lives.

Counterpoint:  Twitter is not a necessary function of life.  Plus, the people you block could still see your content if they are logged out of the account in question or use an alt. 

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Counterpoint:  Twitter is not a necessary function of life.  Plus, the people you block could still see your content if they are logged out of the account in question or use an alt. 

You can't see tweets if you're not logged in anymore, and this seems like a good reason to get rid of alts!

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

? If I go to twitter or click links to tweets in a private tab I just get prompted to log in. Clicking around on some tweets seems to let me see old ones? Maybe?

I went to twitter in a private tab and had no such prompt. Looking at a starfield tweet, the link to amd from there works and capcom official artworks all work without logging in.

9 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I feel like there are going to be never ending piles of parts/pieces that aren't "good enough".

Also, and I only just read about this because I completely forgot, there’s thermal expansion and contraction to be concerned about. Putting these things in the phoenix sun is going to cause issues if you’re doing tight tolerances for looks alone to say nothing of repairs

Billionaire pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild was booed by the crowd when his attendance on the final day of the Valorant Champions 2023 tournament was highlighted in the broadcast.

In a clip of the stream shared by Jake Lucky, Musk's attendance in the stadium was revealed, only to be met with raucous boos from the crowd. "Where's that coming from, that can't be from in here, surely," one of the stream's broadcasters asked. "Is that a bigger reaction than [professional Valorant player] tenZ got?" The other replied.

The feed cut back to a match between Canada-based Evil Geniuses and the Singaporean team Paper Rex, but the crowd wasn't finished with Musk. "Focus [is] back on the game now," one of the broadcasters erroneously declared before the crowd broke into a chant of "Bring back Twitter."

• Sicko 1
  • Hype 1