Blizzard Entertainment announces a "survival game" set "in an all-new universe"

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Blizzard Entertainment announces a "survival game" set "in an all-new universe"

Blizzard are like the fucking masters at making games I don’t care about it’s crazy. All of it really, Starcraft, WOW, Overwatch, Warcraft, whatever this will be. Diablo 1 and 2 were so ugly and unappealing to me, but Diablo 3 I think I would like well enough on Switch if I gave it a chance, but it’s certainly not exciting to me.

I’m far more interested in low tier franchises like Prototype from the Activision side than anything MS would do with them beyond taking Vicarious Visions back off Diablo duty and back to Crash and Tony Hawk.

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Blizzard are like the fucking masters at making games I don’t care about it’s crazy. All of it really, Starcraft, WOW, Overwatch, Warcraft, whatever this will be. Diablo 1 and 2 were so ugly and unappealing to me, but Diablo 3 I think I would like well enough on Switch if I gave it a chance, but it’s certainly not exciting to me.

I’m far more interested in low tier franchises like Prototype from the Activision side than anything MS would do with them beyond taking Vicarious Visions back off Diablo duty and back to Crash and Tony Hawk.

With the exception of Diablo, I heartly agree! 

• Like 1

I think this is mostly a demonstration as to how desperate they are to find dev talent. Here we have a storied dev studio that very rarely launches a new IP, and while this isn't a full announcement, it's still seems like it should be a big deal. Instead of a Blizzcon announcement we get a careers page.

I'm not sure if this is tied to the MS acquisition, but if there's one good thing MS seems to bring to the table in terms of buying everyone, it's that they're playing the long game. They actually want their developers to, y'know, make games, because developers making games is what sells Game Pass, which is their ultimate goal.

Like, I'm sure if Microsoft bought Take-Two we would get GTA 6 by 2025.

7 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I think this is mostly a demonstration as to how desperate they are to find dev talent. Here we have a storied dev studio that very rarely launches a new IP, and while this isn't a full announcement, it's still seems like it should be a big deal. Instead of a Blizzcon announcement we get a careers page.

Jeff Grubb said as much this week. Same with the 3 star wars game announcements. They are announcing the game to get talented people to come work for them because these games are a way off.

• Shocked 1