What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

12 hours ago, HardAct said:

I caved and bought Diablo 2: Resurrected, Borderlands 3 {11.99 on steam sale}, Elden Ring, Pillars of Eternity, Satisfactory, Tranny, Disco Elysium and Mario Kart 8 {replacing the copy I lost in the fire}. That's far to many games to add to a HUGE backlog already. I really need show some restraint...lol

You and me both. :lol: I have over 600 games, and I still keep buying more.

7 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

It was on sale the day it came out! And it’s only $20 anyway. 

Or “free” if you have GamePass! :D 

I’ll get it when it’s on sale for $10, or less. I currently only play games on PS4, so I don’t have Game Pass.

On 2/27/2022 at 5:33 PM, HardAct said:

If you like Diablo type games, I'm loving Grim Dawn. I went in not reading any builds guides or stuff like that and it's a tough learning curve in the late game and you can reach the later parts of it and find your build just simply does not work. I didn't mind that. I started over 2x already. Once at around 10 hours and once around 25 hours. I love learning how and what the mechanics works and it's quite fantastic I think. 

I own Path of Exile {LOL It's free} too and that game is simply overwhelming for me. I'm a 80% PC and 20% Console gamer. Bought Elden Ring on Series X, Grim Dawn and Diablo 2 Resurrected on PC. Also Pillars and Tyranny both PC and Borderlands 3 too. It's going to be awhile before I get to D2R or Elden Ring. I also Started my first games in GD "normal" but Veteran mode. when you start normal story you have the option to check the veteran box for a slight difficulty curve but better loot and faster leveling. I own the 2 expansions to but am holding off starting the Forgotten one until I clear the entire quest log Even at lvl 63 I have over 20 right now, 8 are bounties that are optional. If you turn one in, you can immediately start another and I always do. Seeing's how how there are at least 5-6 different places to get bounties my list never seems to go anywhere...lol

Enjoy GD man!

Just kind of revisiting this, as I've been playing Grim Dawn since we last talked about it. I'm actually enjoying it. I don't have as much time to play it as I'd like (was going through my yearly evaluation at work last week, so my time was consumed mostly with taking care of that), but over the weekend, I've been playing more and more. It's got a kind of Stardew Valley feel to it in how you unlock different parts of the game, based on little accomplishments (no other connection to that game, but just that feeling you get when you open up new areas in Stardew). I started off with a soldier in the beginning, and I really didn't like it. Then I went with an arcanist, and let's just say that I'm enjoying the game so much better. It's amazing how such a little change makes a big difference, especially as the rest of the mechanics are essentially still the same (still bashing things with a weapon and clearing areas).

The funny thing is that I rarely impulse buy like this, but the description you gave sold me on it, and I thought, well, it's not like I'm investing in long term stocks and bonds; it's just a game. Well worth the purchase.

40 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Bought Gran Turismo 7 for my PS5. Only done some of the loading music play levels so far because of an early morning wake up and long drive today. So, practice for tonight :) 

I just watched a review for ps5 and they gave it a 10/10. Maybe the best GT game ever. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Recently, it's:

Horizon Forbidden West

Elden Ring

It Takes Two

Hitman 3

By recent, I'm talking within the past three weeks-ish? Whenever Horizon released.

The Forbidden City was a purchase earlier this year and one I highly recommended in the Games of 2022 thread.

Oh I forgot I also purchased my 3 years of Ultimate Gamepass. I wish I jumped on the live cards when they were cheaper but tax free, 3 years of Xbox live gold, and 1 month of ultimate auto converted it all to Ultimate for like $195cnd. Which right now is pretty much the price of 2 new games, but I’m now good until March 2025 

On 3/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, imthesoldier said:

Doom 3 was $2.49US on the eShop, so I had to snatch it up in order to complete my Rip and Tear Collection for the Switch. What a time to be alive when you can buy every official Doom game on a Nintendo console.

Not impressed by how Doom 2016 controls, god I love those games, Eternal is just a near masterpiece In my opinion. The switch doesn't have the fluid feel that these game demand. I wont be buying Eternal on switch. I want these games on the Steam Deck so bad though. These 2 games (most recient, I love doom 3, and doom 64 but not buying them again).  Fingers crossed as there just amazing at 120htz, I know the SD cant do it, but I'll be following them closely. I own doom 2016 on xbox series x and steam and switch. Only own eternal on series x.

On 2/27/2022 at 1:49 PM, brucoe said:

I'm starting to think we might be similar in gaming tastes, so I just bought Grim Dawn, and we'll see if it scratches that itch of a game for me. I tried Elden Ring but as I'm mostly a PC user (without a game pad), it just didn't work for me.

After progressing through the game your given the opportunity to completely completely or partially respec your characture!! Its a nice option. You cant rechoose your disciplines but you can take out as many lvl points you want. It costs money but money is never a problem at least to me. I have 1 characture now that's lvl 72. You can even take iut the tree points. It's kinda a big deal and let's you try out many combinations and I appreciate it. 

I'm a little taken aback by how much I like it. I just bought Diablo 2: remaster PC and Elden Ring series x too! It's really good and I'm getting ready to start extreme difficulty!

Very much recommend the 2 DLC packs for like 14 bucks. I may be wrong on price. Theres a ton of shit to do in all in just one play through of normal (also recommend normal veteran to start, much better drops than just normal. You get very very few purple legendary drops as it is, this will up your chances if even just a little bit!) You can easily drop over 120+ hours in just one playthrough on a new characture in N/Veteran difficulty.

If you have it on Steam we could do some multi player some time? Bounce tips by each other. Also with the Forgotten Gods Dlc you get the Crucible. It's super handy to run a new characture through it for a few levels to boost your characture with some quick deviation points and some quick levels points. It's worth the gear you get trust me! You get some sweet starting gear to start with making normal veteran much easier in the beginning.

I have a great link to how to use crucible on a new starting characture if you want.

12 hours ago, HardAct said:

Not impressed by how Doom 2016, god I love those games, Eternal is just a near masterpiece In my opinion. The switch doesn't have the fluid feel that these game demand. I wont be buying Eternal on switch. I want these games on the Steam Deck so bad though. These 2 games (most recient, I love doom 3, and doom 64 but not buying them again).  Fingers crossed as there just amazing at 120htz, I know the SD cant do it, but I'll be following them closely. I own doom 2016 on xbox series x and steam and switch. Only own eternal on series x.

I'm close to finishing Eternal on Switch, and I have to say, it controls a lot better than most would give credit for (The game itself is also quite good). Provided you're ok with using a controller, aiming acceleration, plus motion aiming, it feels great, even at 30fps. That said, I would LOVE it if both 2016, and Eternal were patched to allow keyboard and mouse support. Quake on Switch natively supports it (and controls like a regular PC Game as you'd expect), and the Switch itself already natively supports it, so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement for any game on the Switch. Supposedly, OG Doom, and Doom 2 also support it, but I've only been able to get the keyboard inputs to work, and not the mouse as well. Weird.

I do own Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3 (both OG, and BFG) on PC via GOG as well, so I wouldn't mind getting Doom 64, Doom 2016, and Doom Eternal on PC as well, but I'll wait until there's a good sale to make it worth it.

And 120Hz? What's that? :p (Speaking as someone with only a plebian 60hz display)

11 hours ago, HardAct said:

After progressing through the game your given the opportunity to completely completely or partially respec your characture!! Its a nice option. You cant rechoose your disciplines but you can take out as many lvl points you want. It costs money but money is never a problem at least to me. I have 1 characture now that's lvl 72. You can even take iut the tree points. It's kinda a big deal and let's you try out many combinations and I appreciate it. 

I'm a little taken aback by how much I like it. I just bought Diablo 2: remaster PC and Elden Ring series x too! It's really good and I'm getting ready to start extreme difficulty!

Very much recommend the 2 DLC packs for like 14 bucks. I may be wrong on price. Theres a ton of shit to do in all in just one play through of normal (also recommend normal veteran to start, much better drops than just normal. You get very very few purple legendary drops as it is, this will up your chances if even just a little bit!) You can easily drop over 120+ hours in just one playthrough on a new characture in N/Veteran difficulty.

If you have it on Steam we could do some multi player some time? Bounce tips by each other. Also with the Forgotten Gods Dlc you get the Crucible. It's super handy to run a new characture through it for a few levels to boost your characture with some quick deviation points and some quick levels points. It's worth the gear you get trust me! You get some sweet starting gear to start with making normal veteran much easier in the beginning.

I have a great link to how to use crucible on a new starting character if you want.

ooops my bad, I do not know what i am doing damn it!

56 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales Launch Edition, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Ratchet & Clank: A Rift in Time.

That should keep my PS5 in business for a bit.

Hot damn those are three amazing games to pick up. Loved every second of all three.

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My husband has taken over the system to play FFVII. :lol: I wasn’t quite expecting that.

I’m playing Miles Morales first. It’s short enough. 

Yeah I think Miles is only like 15 hours or so, but it took me about 40 because I fell in love with just swinging around and using photo mode lol. I think part of that was because of ps5 launch and getting all excited by RT reflections on a console. It’s so good though, Miles > Peter, and I actually like the Peter here more than Tom.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah I think Miles is only like 15 hours or so, but it took me about 40 because I fell in love with just swinging around and using photo mode lol. I think part of that was because of ps5 launch and getting all excited by RT reflections on a console. It’s so good though, Miles > Peter, and I actually like the Peter here more than Tom.

Wow. I didn't realize Miles was better than the first Spiderman. The first Spiderman is one of my favorite games of all time. I will definitely play this when I get a ps5 in 2028.

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Miles Morales is probably closer to 8 for the main story, I think. I got the platinum trophy in less than 15 hours for sure. 

Ratchet is even shorter, but the game is an absolute blast. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Wow. I didn't realize Miles was better than the first Spiderman. The first Spiderman is one of my favorite games of all time. I will definitely play this when I get a ps5 in 2028.

Its more streamlined, and miles has different abilities. I think it just has a tighter, more focused story. Basically they fixed all the minor problems people had with the original. The collectables are much cooler and far more interesting, with a better payoff. 

Gameplay is mostly the same, except that Miles has an awesome power which was terribly named. Why would you name a power the same as one of OG Spider-Man's most famous villains? But thats not really a valid complaint, I just find it strange. 

The upgrade of the original looks great too, and personally I like Peter Parkers new model better than the OG one.

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 12:15 AM, HardAct said:

I have a great link to how to use crucible on a new starting characture if you want.

Okay, I've been playing the crap out of this game (Grim Dawn) since we last spoke, and I'm really enjoying it. Part of my problem is I'm an alt-a-holic and keep restarting. Right now, I'm playing a ritualist, which as I keep playing more classes, I keep finding "oh, that's the right class for me" and then find another one that seems even better. The funny thing is I haven't even scratched the surface of this game as my highest level is like level 24, but it's just a lot of fun. Again, thanks for the recommendation. And once I feel I've really figured out the deepness of this game, I may take you up on multi player (I'm playing on Steam).

On 3/6/2022 at 5:14 PM, best3444 said:

I just watched a review for ps5 and they gave it a 10/10. Maybe the best GT game ever. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Gran Turismo 7 and Spider-Man: Miles Morales are both available for PS4. Just saying. :whistlin:

On 3/14/2022 at 10:43 AM, brucoe said:

Okay, I've been playing the crap out of this game (Grim Dawn) since we last spoke, and I'm really enjoying it. Part of my problem is I'm an alt-a-holic and keep restarting. Right now, I'm playing a ritualist, which as I keep playing more classes, I keep finding "oh, that's the right class for me" and then find another one that seems even better. The funny thing is I haven't even scratched the surface of this game as my highest level is like level 24, but it's just a lot of fun. Again, thanks for the recommendation. And once I feel I've really figured out the deepness of this game, I may take you up on multi player (I'm playing on Steam).

REMEMBER: you can always, ALWAYS respect you skill points and devotion points for almost nothing {Only while in Veteran / normal that is, in elite it costs much more}, as long as you hoard like I do and sell everything you'll always have plenty of cash. This can has no penalty for changing your mind other than bits but that's plentiful trust me, so experiment all the time, that's the fun. I honestly completely beat the game on Veteran without any help, not once. It wasn't even that hard. When I jumped to Elite though, I had to look. My guy was AWESOME in Veteran and couldn't even beat a mini boss to at all, it was depressing! Biggest tip: It's not all about DPS, it's about Resistances even more so on harder difficulties. Poison is a monster at the very beginning OMG! I never bought a piece of gear from vender either. I did not like how it seemed like I had to hold on to some pieces for so long never finding a better piece in 30 lvls or so, but's it a game of chance at its core! This game is as complicated as you want to make it. I suggest that you play on NORMAL but Veteran! It's a better challenge and you level up much quicker. The jump from Vet to elite is a huge slap kick in the face and bullet in the head, followed buy getting run over! Trust me II was shocked! I'm level 77, from 50 you will lvl muck slower, only 2 skill points per lvl up. Get the DLC if you like the game it's cheap and adds a ton to the game, I'm digging this game a lot.

I also restarted 4 times settled on Demolitionist and Occultist and it's great. Elite lvl is all about Resistances, have them you live, don't you die it's that simple. I also have to admit that I read some guide help stuff on the reddit forum and OMG it helped. I didn't really understand what things did, and it was very help ful. I respected a few things and what a help. I did not module my character to someone's else's I just needed help on what exactly things do, they're not that understandable buy the definitions alone. lastly, my got the stuff the blacksmith can do is what has overwhelmed me so much, the things that you make with all the little seemingly worthless stuff you find is mindboggling to me. later on you'll be able to buy stuff from venders that is awesome to have on your gear. Running Normal/Veteran I only found 9 Unique / purples but in Elite there are many more, but you die oh so much more too...lol I love this game so much I haven't touched Elden Ring or Diablo II Resurrected at all! Figure stuff out by yourself is half the fun, but I have to admit once I looked up my class skills and how they work together I better understood a lot. ENJOY MAN, GOOD STUFF!

Also on Steam: HardAct

8 hours ago, HardAct said:

REMEMBER: you can always, ALWAYS respect you skill points and devotion points for almost nothing {Only while in Veteran / normal that is, in elite it costs much more}, as long as you hoard like I do and sell everything you'll always have plenty of cash. This can has no penalty for changing your mind other than bits but that's plentiful trust me, so experiment all the time, that's the fun. I honestly completely beat the game on Veteran without any help, not once. It wasn't even that hard. When I jumped to Elite though, I had to look. My guy was AWESOME in Veteran and couldn't even beat a mini boss to at all, it was depressing! Biggest tip: It's not all about DPS, it's about Resistances even more so on harder difficulties. Poison is a monster at the very beginning OMG! I never bought a piece of gear from vender either. I did not like how it seemed like I had to hold on to some pieces for so long never finding a better piece in 30 lvls or so, but's it a game of chance at its core! This game is as complicated as you want to make it. I suggest that you play on NORMAL but Veteran! It's a better challenge and you level up much quicker. The jump from Vet to elite is a huge slap kick in the face and bullet in the head, followed buy getting run over! Trust me II was shocked! I'm level 77, from 50 you will lvl muck slower, only 2 skill points per lvl up. Get the DLC if you like the game it's cheap and adds a ton to the game, I'm digging this game a lot.

I also restarted 4 times settled on Demolitionist and Occultist and it's great. Elite lvl is all about Resistances, have them you live, don't you die it's that simple. I also have to admit that I read some guide help stuff on the reddit forum and OMG it helped. I didn't really understand what things did, and it was very help ful. I respected a few things and what a help. I did not module my character to someone's else's I just needed help on what exactly things do, they're not that understandable buy the definitions alone. lastly, my got the stuff the blacksmith can do is what has overwhelmed me so much, the things that you make with all the little seemingly worthless stuff you find is mindboggling to me. later on you'll be able to buy stuff from venders that is awesome to have on your gear. Running Normal/Veteran I only found 9 Unique / purples but in Elite there are many more, but you die oh so much more too...lol I love this game so much I haven't touched Elden Ring or Diablo II Resurrected at all! Figure stuff out by yourself is half the fun, but I have to admit once I looked up my class skills and how they work together I better understood a lot. ENJOY MAN, GOOD STUFF!

Also on Steam: HardAct

I've been playing as a Ritualist lately, and that's turned out to be my favorite skill so far. The necromancer abilities are awesome, and even at level 22, it's pretty fun. Who would have thought I'd have so much fun as a necromancer with a high powered rifle? Unfortunately, I can't play for a few days because I have to record a dozen videos for my online course I'm teaching that starts next Monday.

• 2 weeks later...