X-Men '97 (Disney+) - update: series creator fired days before premiere, "A New Age" trailer

44 minutes ago, 69los said:

Still waiting for an Age of Apocalypse adaptation. I would prefer it in animated form. Don't know if D+ is willing to do it though. One character's name would likely be changed even though it fit the narrative.

Holocaust was always a shit name for a villain.

• 2 years later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to X-Men 1990s Fox cartoon getting new episodes on Disney+ - update (02/15/24): Official Trailer, series debuts 03/20/24

I didn't watch really the 90s show and I won't watch this, so my opinion is basically worthless but...

I think it looks too high budget... it should be 4:3 and the animation should be way worse... it should look exactly like the 90s show. Making something that looks like 50% better than the 90s show but still not up to modern standards just puts it in some sort of weird middle ground.

It looks a little stiff animation wise. Now when the original series aired, it did change animation studios. I think only for the last season, but it looked stiff/odd animated characters. It has some signs of the earlier episode of the series, still the action just feels a little off. I’m watching don’t get me wrong, but I’ll be high as a fucking kite doing so

30 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

If this ends up being a hit, you know Marvel is going to want to try and bring back the Spider-Man cartoon from the 90s as well.

be cool because it was left wide open at the end there with Madame Web, or reason to NOT continue it. Although I would very much prefer a revival of The Spectacular Spider-Man over the 90’s series. Great writing, animation, stories and voice cast.

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The '90s Spider-Man was my favorite Spider-Man.

Have you seen the 2 seasons of Spectacular? I know I’m 90’s nostalgia guy myself, but the 2 seasons they gave us were “spectacular” Helps that Greg Weisman ran that series, and already gave us Gargoyles and later on Young Justice. 

• Hype 1

20 minutes ago, silentbob said:

be cool because it was left wide open at the end there with Madame Web, or reason to NOT continue it. Although I would very much prefer a revival of The Spectacular Spider-Man over the 90’s series. Great writing, animation, stories and voice cast.

Oh yeah, I really hated how Spectacular ended on an actual cliffhanger. Plus we got teases for so much stuff for the next season that never ended up being seen.

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Have you seen the 2 seasons of Spectacular? I know I’m 90’s nostalgia guy myself, but the 2 seasons they gave us were “spectacular” Helps that Greg Weisman ran that series, and already gave us Gargoyles and later on Young Justice. 

Aired in 2008 on the CW?

I definitely did not watch that. :p

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

think they’re on Disney+. Do yourself a favour and watch the series and tell us what you think

Looks like they are on Archive.org

I might consider it.

ARCHIVE.ORG

These episodes don't look the best so if I have the full series in higher quality I'll upload them.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Spectacular Spider-Man made a cameo in Across The Spider-Verse, even had a voice line, so I will get my hopes up that one day it will be revived and completed. The writing was just perfect, and it definitely featured the wittiest Spider-Man to date.

• Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Dammit, I looked it up, it’s not on Netflix anymore OR Disney+.

Ironically enough, I think it was Disney’s purchase of Marvel that actually led to the show’s cancellation.

Wikipedia says it aired on a Disney channel for its seconds and final season.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The '90s Spider-Man was my favorite Spider-Man.

I watched it again just a few years ago thinking it would be trash and I only liked it as kid with low kid standards, but no. I was shocked how well it held up.

• Hype 1