Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+, 29 December 2021) - Official Trailer

This is the Black Wookie that cameod in the episode in case anybody was wondering.

book-of-boba-fett-1640100907192.jpg?widt
WWW.IGN.COM

The second episode of The Book of Boba Fett introduces a fearsome new character who will be familiar to fans of Marvel's Star Wars comic. Let's break down their history with Boba Fett and why this could pave the way for even bigger things for the franchise.

Just putting this out here now. I liked this episode more than the 1st even with the Dances with Wolves motif. I will, however, be pretty miffed if Boba finds himself in an unwinnable situation only to be saved by the R(a)iders of Tusken swarming in on speeder bikes.

10 minutes ago, 69los said:

Just putting this out here now. I liked this episode more than the 1st even with the Dances with Wolves motif. I will, however, be pretty miffed if Boba finds himself in an unwinnable situation only to be saved by the R(a)iders of Tusken swarming in on speeder bikes.

How much daylight is there really from this being a satisfying payoff and it being obvious and contrived?

1 hour ago, 69los said:

The Tuskens deserve some glam after being dunked on by Anakin.

I dont think Boba Fett ends the show as Daimyo. He's either leaving voluntarily or is forced out. The Tusken Raiders have to come into play to help him. If we randomly get all this Tusken lore and they don't do something badass at the end of the season i'll be mad. 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:14 PM, johnny said:

I dont think Boba Fett ends the show as Daimyo. He's either leaving voluntarily or is forced out. The Tusken Raiders have to come into play to help him. If we randomly get all this Tusken lore and they don't do something badass at the end of the season i'll be mad. 

Tuskens take control of the criminal underworld. Boba rides off into the sunset having wasted every viewer's time.

If you’re going to be mad if the Tuscan Raiders come back at the end of the season to help in some way you should probably just stop watching now. 

Also if you have that opinion I assume you also didn’t like Last Jedi in which case just throw yourself in front of a train while you’re at it. 

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

If you’re going to be mad if the Tuscan Raiders come back at the end of the season to help in some way you should probably just stop watching now. 

Also if you have that opinion I assume you also didn’t like Last Jedi in which case just throw yourself in front of a train while you’re at it. 

that’s not what i said lol 

I think I prefer the Tuskens over the Griff Tannen crew. I halfway expected manure at the end of the chase.

Seems like the main antagonist was finally revealed so looking forward to that revenge. Minor jet pack use, future Rancor riding, and a possible Krrsantan face turn. I so hope we get that last one.

44 minutes ago, legend said:

Just got all caught up. This show actually made me like sand people! In fact they've been the best part IMO.

The final speeder chase at the end of episode 3 felt like they were all moving 3 MPH which kind of took the sense of urgency out of it :p 

yeah the chase sucked and those bikes :lol: rather sad

The chase was unintentionally comedic and I loved it for that, but... yikes.

The main issue I have with the show at this point is that I don't really have any idea what Boba Fett is doing or what he wants? I feel like Mando went out of its way to make you care about a non-Boba Mandalorian by making the show about Mando's relationship with Grogu, his creed, etc. Boba Fett feels like he has nothing more going on than being cool helmet guy. He's a crime lord that doesn't seem interested in doing crimes, and he wants tribute and respect but doesn't seem to want to do the work to get either.

I love Star Wars, so you show me Boba Fett, Tatooine, some cyberpunk kids on amusement park ride colored vespas and I'm going to watch but it feels like the show hasn't tipped its hand yet.

But you know... Danny Trejo with a Rancor is awesome, 10/10, no notes.

I kind of hope the story picks up a bit. Right now, it feels like Geriatric Bounty Hunter In Retirement as Daimyo. The thing about Boba Fett was that he was always supposed to be a complete badass, and even though we only got like twenty seconds of him in actual footage before he becomes monster meat, people still loved the idea that he was some uber bounty hunter that stood proudly before Darth Vader. With Mando, we got an actual bad ass who did badass things. I was kind of hoping we'd be getting that with Boba Fett.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:00 PM, Anathema- said:

Oh and I thought the chase being low speed was an intentional choice. There's not enough room for those things to really get going. It felt totally right to me. 

A footrace between two grannies with walkers might be appropriately slow too, but it still wouldn't be very exciting :p 

5 hours ago, 69los said:

Solid bounceback episode. Looking forward to who Fennec has in mind.

Well...

Spoiler

The musical sting at the end of that scene was the recorder tune from The Mandalorian. And all of this is happening AFTER Fennec and Boba come back from the assault on Moff Gideon's cruiser. AND Mando is sort of hanging in the wind now that his quest with Grogu is over...

Just spitballing here. 

15 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Is exciting something it has to be? Can't it maybe just be silly? This is Robert Rodriguez after all. 

Sure, no objection to silliness! Although I don't think it landed that for me. It felt like they were trying to be exciting but weren't :shrug: 

4 hours ago, Anathema- said:

4th episode should have been the 1st

i agree. you can tell flashbacks out of order and i think this works better in the first episode.

anyway, i thought this episode was underwhelming. another long flashback and the present day stuff is moving real slow. which is fine, but not when we only get half a show of it every week. i’m hoping next week we can really dig into what’s happening with boba being daimyo and trying to deal with the pyke syndicate 

this show feels off to me in a way mandalorian never did

The most egregious excuse to force a spectacle has to be the Sarlac pit, though. The scene is cool in its own right, but I have a hard time believing Boba thought his armor was still in there.  He had 5 years to think about and research its whereabouts before deciding to go fetch it, not to mention he knows he used it to escape.

9 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

The most egregious excuse to force a spectacle has to be the Sarlac pit, though. The scene is cool in its own right, but I have a hard time believing Boba thought his armor was still in there.  He had 5 years to think about and research its whereabouts before deciding to go fetch it, not to mention he knows he used it to escape.

As an old school mmo player though I felt the pain of trying to do a corpse run and then (almost) losing the rest of your stuff too. 

The more I think about it, the more I realize this show is kinda goofy. And I mean that in a good way. It's got some sequences that are just wacky. 

The kitchen sequence in Ep 4 is the best example. This tweet really distills it the best:

https://twitter.com/ValerieInsinna/status/1484328811017629701

I legit laughed when this happened! It wasn't a funny laugh line. It was just on the other side of knowingly absurd. 

And I don't hate any of this. It just doesn't feel like I thought it would. It's not as dark and gritty as Mandalorian is, or what we thought Boba Fett would be. 

I've been thoroughly enjoying the show. This is clearly a show about Boba Fett and one very small corner of the galaxy, and we get to wallow in it. It's fun, well directed and acted, etc. 

It's been a good time. Yes, the amount of flashbacks has really hampered the present day story, and sometimes the CG and action scenes feel janky in a way they didn't always feel on The Mandalorian, but this has still been mostly great stuff.

And I think we know who Fennec means.

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

The more I think about it, the more I realize this show is kinda goofy. And I mean that in a good way. It's got some sequences that are just wacky. 

The kitchen sequence in Ep 4 is the best example. This tweet really distills it the best:

https://twitter.com/ValerieInsinna/status/1484328811017629701

I legit laughed when this happened! It wasn't a funny laugh line. It was just on the other side of knowingly absurd. 

And I don't hate any of this. It just doesn't feel like I thought it would. It's not as dark and gritty as Mandalorian is, or what we thought Boba Fett would be. 

I wonder if there was a consciously deliberate decision to "subvert" people's expectations about the character of Boba Fett, who really was a blank slate up until Season 2 of The Mandalorian.

For example, everyone pretty much assumed that Boba was some kind of "complete badass" as @brucoe described him, but as it turns out, he's really kind of sentimental and thoughtful.

Like, I'm not sure that Din Djarin would be all that fun to hang out with, but it seems like Boba would be pretty chill.