Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+, 29 December 2021) - Official Trailer

As much as I love seeing Luke, he’s too big a presence for anything other than cameos. He just dominates the lore so much and since the EU wipe there’s a lot of empty space between RotJ and TFA. Forget Luke’s broader motivations… as far as we know Luke decided to let his only student, someone so powerful he could ForceTime Luke from god knows how far away, yet so immature that he can’t talk, make his own decision about staying in school or going on murder adventures with his bounty hunter adopted dad? He knows whatever’s left of the Empire is actively hunting Grogu and Luke just puts him on an X-Wing with Artoo and sends him to Tatooine? No wonder Kylo hated Jedi school, Luke is a fucking moron. :p

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

Mando potentially coming back here

Why woiuld Mando come back? He has to go to the Mandolorean Home planet to redeem himself with his clan.  I suspect that will take up the majority of his next season. Obi Wan's series will most definitely take place on mostly on tatooine though. We still have Asoka's series though and that can take place anywhere. I think Luke's appearance just sets up a potential Jedi Academy series somewhere down the line. Do we know what planet the Academy was on?

I enjoyed the season finale and overall I enjoyed the series despite some umeven episodes and some missteps. Anybody know what that post credit scene was about?

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Why woiuld Mando come back? He has to go to the Mandolorean Home planet to redeem himself with his clan.  I suspect that will take up the majority of his next season. Obi Wan's series will most definitely take place on mostly on tatooine though. We still have Asoka's series though and that can take place anywhere. I think Luke's appearance just sets up a potential Jedi Academy series somewhere down the line. Do we know what planet the Academy was on?

I enjoyed the season finale and overall I enjoyed the series despite some umeven episodes and some missteps. Anybody know what that post credit scene was about?

Just establishing that Timothy Olyphant is still alive, I believe. 

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Just establishing that Timothy Olyphant is still alive, I believe. 

Is that who that was in the tank? I wasn't sure. Glad he's still alive, that didn't look like a fatal shot he took. Looked like he got hit in the shoulder. I like his character but of course Timoty Olyphant is great in damn near eveything.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Is that who that was in the tank? I wasn't sure. Glad he's still alive, that didn't look like a fatal shot he took. Looked like he got hit in the shoulder. I like his character but of course Timoty Olyphant is great in damn near eveything.

Yeah, it’s him for sure. Presumably he’ll be modded, given the guy from the parlor being there too, and Boba not being opposed to modding people to save their lives. 

I liked it, though I hope we get away from “local folk team up with the protagonist to beat the bad guys” trope gets retired. It’s becoming the “huge battle in the sky” to end a Marvel movie of the Star Wars D+ shows.

I would have been fine with no more Mando/Grogu after season 2, but also love them and will enjoy more.

49 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah, it’s him for sure. Presumably he’ll be modded, given the guy from the parlor being there too, and Boba not being opposed to modding people to save their lives. 

I'm guessing he loses use of his right arm but the mods will make him the quickest draw on Tatooine.

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think I saw it as just speculation somewhere that after Mando settles down, he comes back to Tatooine to find kinship with Boba Fett. idk. 

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

I think I saw it as just speculation somewhere that after Mando settles down, he comes back to Tatooine to find kinship with Boba Fett. idk. 

That would be dumb unless Bobba is gonna stay as the Daimyo and Mando joins his crew full time. Anywho... these series have me excited for Star Wars again. Now I have to go back and watch all of the Clone wars stuff.

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That would be dumb unless Bobba is gonna stay as the Daimyo and Mando joins his crew full time. Anywho... these series have me excited for Star Wars again. Now I have to go back and watch all of the Clone wars stuff.

When you do, watch them in this order:

Then after that, follow it up with Season 7 in episode order. That's how TCW plays out chronologically. I watched it in that order and it was very nice. No idea why they didn't produce/air them chronologically.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CayceG said:

When you do, watch them in this order:

Then after that, follow it up with Season 7 in episode order. That's how TCW plays out chronologically. I watched it in that order and it was very nice. No idea why they didn't produce/air them chronologically.

Thx man! My next post was gonna be what order to watch them in :p You read my mind :cheers:

• Like 1

Clone Wars are overall good. They're uneven from arc to arc. And some of the arcs just are not necessary. But instead of ferreting out which ones are or aren't, just go ahead and blast through them all. Just remember, it's a kid's show, but sometimes it's REALLY a kid's show.

Ahsoka has the most character development. You might hate her at first. 

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Outside of a few episodes here and there no.

and this is primarily why :p

yeah i would say the earlier episodes are more geared towards kids. I dont think it's a bad idea to be doing something else and have that as background noise for some episodes lol. 

• Thanks 1

Also, when everyone watching TCW gets to the last two eps of Season 7, realize that it happens concurrently with Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith. It even shares several scenes. 

And someone edited the Clone Wars Finale in with Episode 3. The video below shows the scenes where you can transition between the movie and the Clone Wars episode:

It takes like 4 hours to watch this all, but it is so fucking worth it. 

Definitely watch Season 7 finale first (which, I know it's a ways off for you). But after that, revisit it this way. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, johnny said:

the end of clone wars is god tier 

Doing that smash cut with Clone Wars finale and Ep 3 makes it really apparent how much better written and produced the Clone Wars finale was than Episode 3. But it also lifts Episode 3 up to a level that it doesn't reach on its own. 

This season has been wildly inconsistent but I have to admit that was a pretty fun way to end the show.

It's pretty obvious that Favreau cares way more about Mando/Grogu than he does Fett. It was obvious before but the final scene before the credits makes it clear. If this is Boba's story then why end on Mando and Grogu?

10 hours ago, Komusha said:

This season has been wildly inconsistent but I have to admit that was a pretty fun way to end the show.

It's pretty obvious that Favreau cares way more about Mando/Grogu than he does Fett. It was obvious before but the final scene before the credits makes it clear. If this is Boba's story then why end on Mando and Grogu?

You might be right but it probably ended on them as a segue into The Mandalorian season 3, which will come next in terms of these storylines. Also we should all remember Boba Fett stole the show when he showed up in Mando season 2 and then Mando stole the show when he showed up in Boba Fett season 1 so I'm assuming Boba Fett will show up in Mando season 3 and steal the show once again, and this back and forth will continue. :p