Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+, 29 December 2021) - Official Trailer

12 minutes ago, Komusha said:

It’s very telling they literally nobody seemed to miss Boba Fett in the last two episodes.

ive wanted to care about boba fett but between the flashbacks and mando, we have gotten like 5 minutes of this current boba fett story lmao

19 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Who hurt you and why are you taking it out on me 😂

You know exactly what you're doing, and the sad part it's worse than the trolling Jason does. You should also know I really don't like you, so don't ask rhetoric questions.

11 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I get particularly tired of discussing character motivations while the story hasn't even finished yet. 

Boring. This is Disney and the story will never be finished because...

5 hours ago, johnny said:

this story isnt about luke. he's a side character

These series are a now a live action Clone Wars. Every character has something going on and anything can happen now after getting an episode featuring zero Boba Fett in a series dedicated to him.

2 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

You know exactly what you're doing, and the sad part it's worse than the trolling Jason does. You should also know I really don't like you, so don't ask rhetoric questions.

Are you somebody’s alt that I actually know? I literally have no recollection of you or any previous interactions, hence my confusion by this outburst directed at me 😂

Just now, cusideabelincoln said:

The Office Reaction GIF

This is genuinely fascinating to me. I can’t think of a single interaction I’ve ever had with you. I don’t know anything about you, but I’ve apparently made you really upset. 

I'm actually interested in the present crime Syndicate Boba Fett story but I have also really enjoyed the last two episodes, though the Grogu stuff seemed forced in. Seeing Olyphant as Cobb Vanth again was great and ties all the Tatooine stuff together which is cool. Looking forward to it all coming together in the finale. I hope we get a lot of Boba Fett to make up for him missing these last two episodes.

I'll be completely honest that after JJ Abrams took a steaming hot shit in my mouth, I'm still so hungry for compelling Star Wars content that I give zero shits about whether or not Boba Fett is on the Boba Fett show. If they called this Mando Season 3 and Din Djarin didn't show up until episode 5, I would not give a single fuck. We got more Luke, more Grogu, more Ahsoka, and confirmation Amy Seders fucked a Jawa. Call it whatever the fuck you want and have the opening be set to the song from Mary Tyler Moore, I don't care at all. Gimmie more.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

4 hours ago, johnny said:

ive wanted to care about boba fett but between the flashbacks and mando, we have gotten like 5 minutes of this current boba fett story lmao

Four episodes was plenty enough to get us to care. He's just not as compelling to watch as Mando.

1 hour ago, Komusha said:

Four episodes was plenty enough to get us to care. He's just not as compelling to watch as Mando.

I think there were some fundamental missteps in the story thus far. In high school writing class the first thing they teach you is that a protagonist has to have something they want. Well Boba Fett was immediately the Daimyo before the show even began, and it took like a minute. So all he wants the entire show is to...figure out how to actually do it because he apparently has no clue?

It's a REALLY weak premise.

14 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I'll be completely honest that after JJ Abrams took a steaming hot shit in my mouth, I'm still so hungry for compelling Star Wars content that I give zero shits about whether or not Boba Fett is on the Boba Fett show. If they called this Mando Season 3 and Din Djarin didn't show up until episode 5, I would not give a single fuck. We got more Luke, more Grogu, more Ahsoka, and confirmation Amy Seders fucked a Jawa. Call it whatever the fuck you want and have the opening be set to the song from Mary Tyler Moore, I don't care at all. Gimmie more.

This is precisely where I am. 

And if not one hint of the sequels existed, I would probably have more negative things to say about BOBF and Mando. 

We really don't know how good we have it until we see how bad it can get. 

13 hours ago, Reputator said:

I think there were some fundamental missteps in the story thus far. In high school writing class the first thing they teach you is that a protagonist has to have something they want. Well Boba Fett was immediately the Daimyo before the show even began, and it took like a minute. So all he wants the entire show is to...figure out how to actually do it because he apparently has no clue?

It's a REALLY weak premise.

This is the series' biggest weakness. Luke's motivations in an unfinished series can wait. Hell, if he's going to be a recurring character in all these Star Wars series then we might not even get further insight into his motivations in this season.

HOWEVER, we should totally be on Boba Fett's side prior to the fucking season finale. The best episodes of the season had nothing to do with him and the best scenes featuring him were all flashbacks. Nothing with present day Boba Fett has been very compelling. I like/appreciate the view into this part of the Star Wars universe, but this insight also could have been told in a single, hour long episode.

• True 2

I think the show's focus on Boba, nebulous though it may be, makes sense when you consider that Favreau and Filoni are both 100% in the tank for the character and have been since before Empire Strikes Back even hit theaters. Same vibes if you had a "Book of Batman" show and 2 of the episodes strongly focused on Joe Chill, or something.

I don't know if that's the "correct" approach for Boba Fett specifically, but it's clear they don't feel any compulsion to establish anything beyond 1) he's out of the Sarlaac and 2) he's not taking orders from anyone anymore. Depending on how the last episode goes, there's some potentially missed Spock : Data / Boba : Din connections. But personally, as stated, I'm 100% fine with the show largely being a lore dump. As someone who's played the Edge of the Empire RPG a bit and had someone who focused on cybernetic mods in the campaign, seeing the mod parlor and the modders alone is just so fucking cool.

Personally, I liked Boba Fett for his mysteriousness when I knew nothing about him other than what was already in canon, AND when I had never seen what he looks like under the helmet. I guess since they decided they were going to show us what Mando looked like they were going to double down with Boba Fett. Boba Fett's story was finished in Return of the Jedi (at least to me). I'm MUCH more interested in cowboy Deadwood than in anything involving a geriatric bounty hunter. If they at least gave us a real character arc with Boba Fett, maybe the series would make sense, but what story is it they're trying to tell?

I thought it was a pretty good finale. Packed with action. All the easy setups were paid off in full. 

For a series that was kind of uneven throughout, the finale being the big space western shootout I didn't know I wanted was a pretty solid landing. 

Now I'm very much ready for Mando Season 3.

Also...

Peli Motto totally bangs the Majordomo. 

EDIT:

And I'm ashamed to say, it took me all the way through the series to realize that the tribal chanting in the theme song is "Boba Boba... FETT!" :lol: 

EDIT 2:

The more I think back on the entire run of the show, the episodes I liked the absolute least were directed by Robert Rodriguez. The camera work and tone in the scenes were just not as good as what other directors did. They fit the scenes in the final episode the most, but overall, I think Rodriguez maybe doesn't need to have any of the reigns from here on out. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

The more I think back on the entire run of the show, the episodes I liked the absolute least were directed by Robert Rodriguez. The camera work and tone in the scenes were just not as good as what other directors did. They fit the scenes in the final episode the most, but overall, I think Rodriguez maybe doesn't need to have any of the reigns from here on out. 

I was noticing that too. Rodriguez is an overhyped director, quite honestly.

When the episode began, I was lightly entertained but things were going more-or-less along a predictable route. But when the Rancor showed up, I was giddy. That was cool as hell!

And yeah, Grogu and Mando once again stole the show (literally). Seeing the chainmail when he landed, and then the way he leapt into Din Djarin's arms... You have to be a cold-blooded killer to not love that moment.

At this point I'm not sure where the Mando storyline goes. Grogu was returned to the remaining Jedi, but chose not to stay. That could be considered the end of that storyline, so the only things left are to do with Din's atonement with the Mandalorians, and helping retake their planet. I'm definitely there for that, but I feel like a core hook of that story is over now. I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

Mando's story is now in learning how to wield the Darksaber and grappling with the conservative nature of his beliefs and finding belonging among his new Tribe. That, and dealing with whatever tension there is in Grogu's Jedi training stuff--because I imagine we're not totally done there. 

Boba Fett's got no more juice to squeeze though.

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

Also...

Peli Motto totally bangs the Majordomo. 

EDIT:

And I'm ashamed to say, it took me all the way through the series to realize that the tribal chanting in the theme song is "Boba Boba... FETT!" :lol: 

EDIT 2:

My lol reaction was before edit 2. I agree with the RR point. This was his best episode of the season but he was also at the helm of the worst (e03).

2 minutes ago, 69los said:

My lol reaction was before edit 2. I agree with the RR point. This was his best episode of the season but he was also at the helm of the worst (e03).

The more I think back on it, this episode was pretty mid. But it was good in that it wrapped things up and was largely satisfying. 

I don't think it is anywhere close to the best efforts of the season. I think ep 1 might have been the better between it and the finale. Agree on ep 3 being the worst. 

Like I said, I'm glad things got wrapped up. I'm satisfied. I thoroughly enjoyed the Mandalorian episodes. 

But I'm kinda glad we're done with BoBF and just want to move on to Ahsoka/Mando S3.

Assuming they ever want to draw more connective tissue between Bobalorian and the ST... it seems unlikely they'll have Grogu end back up with Luke to get killed by Kylo and the Knights of Ren. Also, Rey ends up on Tatooine and Boba could be old but alive at that time. Assuming they wanted to tie stuff into other Filoni content... Thrawn and Ezra are still on vacation somewhere and it's unclear when the "Ahsoka The White" stinger was actually from, but presumably Sabine and Ahsoka found them at some point?

Lots of places to go from here.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Assuming they ever want to draw more connective tissue between Bobalorian and the ST... it seems unlikely they'll have Grogu end back up with Luke to get killed by Kylo and the Knights of Ren. Also, Rey ends up on Tatooine and Boba could be old but alive at that time. Assuming they wanted to tie stuff into other Filoni content... Thrawn and Ezra are still on vacation somewhere and it's unclear when the "Ahsoka The White" stinger was actually from, but presumably Sabine and Ahsoka found them at some point?

Lots of places to go from here.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Sabine and Ezra in live action.

11 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Next up: The Graphic Novel of Marshall Cobb Vanth.

Super fun finale, though I suspect people wondering if the show has a point will still be wondering that now that it’s over.

9 hours ago, CayceG said:

I thought it was a pretty good finale. Packed with action. All the easy setups were paid off in full. 

For a series that was kind of uneven throughout, the finale being the big space western shootout I didn't know I wanted was a pretty solid landing. 

Now I'm very much ready for Mando Season 3.

This is where I fall as well. I really enjoyed the finale and the season as a whole despite some narrative hiccups, but I imagine most people wanted "moar" from the season while I was thoroughly entertained being in this little corner of the Star Wars universe for the most part. They should have introduced Cad Bane earlier though, and really seeded his past history with Boba to the current storyline.

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Also, Rey ends up on Tatooine

Also I'm with you on the rest of your post but am confused here? Do you mean the desert planet she starts on in The Force Awakens? Cause that's the planet Jakku she's on. I don't recall Tatooine showing up in the sequel trilogy, but I've only seen The Rise of Skywalker once and that was in theaters so maybe she ends up on Tatooine there? I don't remember.

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

It was so easy to forget though. 

That said, with this, and with Mando potentially coming back here (maybe?), and with the upcoming Kenobi series... I kinda don't care to see Tatooine anymore. 

So, so easy to forget. 

And I agree with you - I'm now good with Tatooine. It's clear that Boba Fett intends to make Cobb Vanth mayor of Mos Espa/de facto ruler of Tatooine when he says something like: "we're not really made for this" and Fennec Shand asks: "then who?" I think Boba and Fennec leave, with Mando or not, and will be involved in more adventures/bounty hunting/assassinating across the galaxy that we'll sometimes see.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

So, so easy to forget. 

And I agree with you - I'm now good with Tatooine. It's clear that Boba Fett intends to make Cobb Vanth mayor of Mos Espa/de facto ruler of Tatooine when he says something like: "we're not really made for this" and Fennec Shand asks: "then who?" I think Boba and Fennec leave, with Mando or not, and will be involved in more adventures/bounty hunting/assassinating across the galaxy that we'll sometimes see.

Boba and his gang of misfits take on the Pykes.

This finale was a lot of fun, but even by the end it's clear they still don't know what they want from Boba Fett. I was going to say that we should have, instead, gotten season 2.5 of The Mandalorian and a Boba Fett limited series, but that's kind of what we got.

Man, everyone debating Luke's motivations must be really bummed. I know I previously said that Luke's mindset might not be explored any further this season, but I didn't expect them to straight sweep it under the rug.

• Like 1